Orange Retention Offers

Options
tommyx_2
tommyx_2 Posts: 40 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I have just ben offered the the following deal by retentions - that can only be applied on the day my current contract ends - in a couple of weeks:
I was on last years retentio deal 750 mins 250 txt at £35/12 months, and new offer is 1000 mins, 250 text, 10 mb data, £30 on 18 month PLUS broadband. Oh and Free SPV E650 (I was impressed with previous SPV so asked for this)
Can i stick out for more or do you think this is good deal, think it covers all my usage needs. Would appreciate any comments. My average month s about £50 including insurance.

Comments

• GreedIsGood
    GreedIsGood Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Tommy,
    I just took out a new deal with Orange. Its working out much better for me to lose my number and start again, I can get a much better deal than an upgrade.
    After checking the comparison sites and avoiding the 'fly by night' companies that offer the 'amazing deals', I got a deal with Phones4u.
    I got a free SE w610i walkman phone, on an 18 month deal, dolphin 35 (500 mins, unlimited texts). I got an initial £100 bacs payment and then theres redemption chequeback of a further £270 over the term. So the contract works out at about £14 a month. I sold my old walkman phone for £80 so the contract costs me £10 a month. With the free broadbad, orange wednesdays and magic numbers I don't think this deal can be beaten.
    I carefully discussed with several dealers the differences against 12 month deals or lower tariffs but the chequebacks were much higher on the 35 plan. Theres a bit more talk time and text than I need but at least I know I'll never go over.
    The chequeback for phones4u seems very well organised too, theres a 60 day window which helps. They give you everything in writing including the exact dates you need to send off the bills.
    I've historically always gone direct to Orange for upgrades. Never again!
    Thanks.
    Lunch is for wimps!
  • Athletic81
    Athletic81 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Has anyone got any stories/success with Orange Retentions department, as there doesnt seem to be a thread.

My question is what did they offer you and when?
  • k4u
    k4u Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    orange have always been gr888 for me.. last year they had offered me free n80 with 35£ a month 750 mins 0 txt or d900 with 9£ a month and 50 mins and 50 txt both phones free..

this year they have been even more outstanding.. with n95 foc 25£/month for first 6 months and 30 pounds there after for 500 mins and 0 txt.. works gr88 for me
  • arnie6050
    arnie6050 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Orange retentions offered me at the end of March

Nokia 6300
    2500 cross network minutes
    3000 text
    and broadband

for £20 a month on a 18 month contract, which i accepted without any hesitation.
  • maniac886
    maniac886 Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    arnie6050 wrote: »

Nokia 6300
    3000 text
    and broadband

for £20 a month on a 18 month contract, which i accepted without any hesitation.

Thats a stunning deal!:money:
    "He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure,
    He will kill your cat and nail him to the door" :eek:
    Murphys No More Pies Club Member #95
  • Athletic81
    Athletic81 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Anybody else?
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    arnie6050 wrote: »

Nokia 6300
    3000 text
    and broadband

2500 Anytime Mins???

Is it not 2000 mins to landlines/orange phones and the other 500 Mins are to any network anytime??
  • gsmmad
    gsmmad Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    i have seen great great great deals from orange....

.....arnie got 2000 loyalty minutes ....he was on dolphin 35 and was given 2000 loyalty minutes which gave him what he has now ....

He probably got some discount from his line rental before as well which still applys ...they give a reward every time u renew ....but thats a DAMN GREAT DEAL .....that hes on
  • swebb
    swebb Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Options
    3 months left on my contract and was offered:

k800i
    225 mins per month
    100 texts per month
    1 magic number
    18 month contract - £20 pm
  • maniac886
    maniac886 Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Just to update my Dad was previously on Panther 45(400 mins 100 txts) for £45 a month on a 12 month contract and was offered;
    He still has a month left and the previous contract was through mobile outlet and have got £432 of cashback from them so far!

U600
    500 xnet mins
    100 txts
    18 month- £25p/m
    "He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure,
    He will kill your cat and nail him to the door" :eek:
    Murphys No More Pies Club Member #95
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing