New plan...time to see some movement!

Comments

• Hi,

Found your diary and have subscribed. I love reading other members posts to see what they are up too and dealing with the days to stuff in all or lives.

Reading the posts it got me thinking I am going to go and find your old diary as I am sure it will be interesting reading.

Take care and have a great long weekend. Also I meant to say I think the weather is going to be really awful so I dont think we will be doing car boot sales on Sunday, which is a pain!

SNTCC
    Extra Income May £290.92 June £498.00 July £145.61 Aug 2018 £142.68
    Pay off CC3 Sept/Oct 2018 £2112.04 Balance £1712.89
    April 2018 £39,942 Aug 18 £36721.65 PAID £3220.35:j:j:j
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi,

Found your diary and have subscribed. I love reading other members posts to see what they are up too and dealing with the days to stuff in all or lives.

Reading the posts it got me thinking I am going to go and find your old diary as I am sure it will be interesting reading.

Take care and have a great long weekend. Also I meant to say I think the weather is going to be really awful so I dont think we will be doing car boot sales on Sunday, which is a pain!

SNTCC

Thank you SNTCC :) I love reading other diaries too, it's so inspirational.

I hope you have a lovely weekend too. Tomorrow's looking good here, though Sunday is looking awful, so as it stands at the moment, we are all go to clear some stuff :T There's a nice Saturday one here which we like to go to at the coast :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Little miss is looking brighter tonight so fingers crossed she's over the worst. She has a tooth coming through and keeps complaining about her mouth being sore. She pointed to exactly the tooth I think is coming through when I asked her to point to where it hurts, so I think it's definitely that rather than a sore throat or anything to go with her cough.

I hope it comes through soon, she's only got 2 to go, I'd like for it to be over!

I've actually managed to get a couple of PA surveys today, the first for a while! Low payers though, but it all counts.

I've sold another BIN so quite a bit to pack now. DH also has loads of items being bid on so it looks like we will clear some stuff this weekend :T
  • jwil wrote: »
    Thank you SNTCC :) I love reading other diaries too, it's so inspirational.

I hope you have a lovely weekend too. Tomorrow's looking good here, though Sunday is looking awful, so as it stands at the moment, we are all go to clear some stuff :T There's a nice Saturday one here which we like to go to at the coast :)

That sound good, I hope the weather holds for you and you get rid of lots of unwanted stuff. It is a great feeling at the end when you are putting the bits left over int eh car.

Where I live the car boot sale is on Sunday so I dont think I will be going this week as the weather is awful.

I hope your little one is feeling better soon, it is horrible when they are ill.

Take care

SNTCC
  • jwil
    That sound good, I hope the weather holds for you and you get rid of lots of unwanted stuff. It is a great feeling at the end when you are putting the bits left over int eh car.

Where I live the car boot sale is on Sunday so I dont think I will be going this week as the weather is awful.

I hope your little one is feeling better soon, it is horrible when they are ill.

Take care

SNTCC

Thank you SNTCC :) We are lucky in that we have Saturday and Sunday ones during the summer here, so some good choice. We like the Saturday one for selling, and the Sunday ones we don't often sell at as you don't get a lot of space, and aren't free to leave when you want. However, it's good for buying :o

The weather is definitely looking rubbish for tomorrow, but it's lovely if not a little breezy out there today.
  • jwil wrote: »
    Thank you SNTCC :) We are lucky in that we have Saturday and Sunday ones during the summer here, so some good choice. We like the Saturday one for selling, and the Sunday ones we don't often sell at as you don't get a lot of space, and aren't free to leave when you want. However, it's good for buying :o

The weather is definitely looking rubbish for tomorrow, but it's lovely if not a little breezy out there today.

I wish we had both days where I live, we only have Sunday ones and tomorrow it is going to rain from 8am so I cannot go again. At some point the weather will change again.

Did you go this morning?

I cannot wait to be able to fill the car up and go to get rid of the stuff we don't want.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

SNTCC
  • jwil
    Change of plans today as little miss was sick overnight again. DH and little jwil have gone to the car boot to sell, and me and little miss are at home. She seems fine in herself though so hopefully that's it now!

I've bleached their bedroom and the bathroom today in the hope of removing any bugs!

I've also packed and posted my ebay sales. I have however used the proceeds to order a steam cleaner :o I've been thinking about it for a long time, as this house never feels clean, so I'm hoping it might help with a deep clean. However, it's money I should really be using for other stuff :rolleyes: If it works ok on the carpets I might get rid of my carpet cleaner as I don't think that works very well.
  • jwil
    I wish we had both days where I live, we only have Sunday ones and tomorrow it is going to rain from 8am so I cannot go again. At some point the weather will change again.

Did you go this morning?

I cannot wait to be able to fill the car up and go to get rid of the stuff we don't want.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

SNTCC

It's so frustrating isn't it, being put off by the weather!

It's an afternoon one so no early start. DH and little jwil should be on the way home now, though he says they haven't done brilliantly :( At least we've made the effort though and every little helps!

There are a couple here on Monday too, I might brave one, but I can't get loads in my car with the kids seats, and the one I like to sell at is right next to the kids favourite playpark, so they'd be complaining that they couldn't go (DH is working).

Enjoy your weekend too :) .
  • jwil
    Sorted through my tins cupboard this afternoon. Tidied, cleaned it and organised it. I know what I've got now. I'm trying to build up a storecupboard to cover us for a month or so in an emergency.

I've lined it with leftover lino from our old house, as it's just plain wood. So technically that's decluttering something that's been lying around ;) It should be easier to keep clean.

I've also identified a bottle of Smirnoff which only has a small amount in. I shall probably declutter that later :D I don't drink very often, so it will sit there forever otherwise!
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    And swoop, I'm here! Love the new diary and the new agenda. I wrote an epic post the other day but it's disappeared. Very frustrating.

"windows, doors, electrics, plumbing, kitchen, bathroom, carpets, decorating etc. Even our cooker is 40 years old!"

My best advice is list it out with prices and then it seems more achievable and you know what you can tick off. You will be restricted as obviously electrics comes before carpet etc but you know that. My experience is the best price you'll get for windows is £300 each with fitting so you can work out a ball park of the cost and know if the price sounds right. DO NOT CALL ANGLIAN, SAFE STYLE, etc. They will hound you until the end of time - they are worse than creditors for calling you - and they are too expensive for being not great. And work out your openings before the appointment - I had to do it as we went round. I'm still astounded by how much difference our windows made. You could hear and feel the wind outside. Now when I shut the windows it's so quiet!
    We are pretty much done upstairs and now are working through downstairs little bits as we go - like not even the whole kitchen, just bits as we can. There's always so much still to do but the list is shrinking.
    Oh and I've heard great things about the carpet and underlay on eBay if you're up for fitting it yourself.

Keep going jwil! Xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business