Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Comments

• Hope all goes well with the police visit and they come up with solutions to help you and your children to not only be safe but feel safe.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Hope the police come up with a plan to help keep you and the children feel safe.
    MBNA 0% ends 10/04/2020 £15843
    Virgin 0% ends 09/06/19 £ 8007
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £6379
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £ 7229.26
    £30229 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    SPC 069
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sending you positivity. The police are there to help you and the children. Do ask your neighbours about CCTV, even stuff from those clever doorbells can be used (helped catch the lowlife who burgled our aged and disabled neighbours at 5am). I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this at what would already be a busy time at work.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£320.00 (64%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£058.00 (12%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope that the police were helpful.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hi CCL
    So sorry to hear about your tough time. Stay strong.

The Police could possibly place a non molestation order on him. It has huge restrictions on him coming near the property and contacting you and serious consequences if he breaks them.
    On a mission!

2018 & 2019 MFW #138

On babystep2 (#DR)
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    My neightbour has what looks like a dashcam, stuck to his front window to keep an eye on his motorbike he parks on the street outside the house. Also, on amazon you can get battery powered led motion sensor lights for less than £10 .

So annoying you have to even think about security at this time.

If only you could teach your cats to bark! a miaow and a purr is no deterent to anything.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Evening everyone :hello:
    Fancy the police sending an officer round to meet me that is allergic to cats! Poor man - and of course 2 of my cats loved him and wanted to be close to him. Ended up having to lock them in the kitchen while he was here...
    Anyway, I made my statement and we discussed my options. If my neighbours are willing to make a statement and appear in court then there is enough to charge and prosecute him for stalking. However, my neighbours are both in their 80s... so I'm not that keen on that. I got some good advice in terms of sorting the lighting outside the house, linking mine and the kids phone numbers to the police system in case we need to call, speak to all of my neighbours etc. He also used ds phone to ring ex, knowing that he would answer, which he did. He then gave ex a bit of a telling off over the phone - told him that if he came to the house again he would be arrested and prosecuted for stalking. Also told him that when he was caught drunk driving he would be put in prison and lose his job, and told him that his kids didn't want to see him at the moment because of his behaviour and illness. He said that ex sounded really shocked so hopefully it will be a wake up call for him (fingers crossed), but if he comes back again I am to ring 999.
    I do feel quite relieved that I'm being taken seriously, and that the police are willing to help. I hope it doesn't come to anything else and that this is enough to scare ex off from coming back to the house again. I even hope it might encourage him to sign paperwork... DS was very reassured by the policeman and really seemed to like him, and he's been in a much better mood since last night which is lovely.
    I then got a call this morning from Social Services. Apparently this is standard practice when the police are involved in domestic incidents involving children. Although my initial reaction is always in the negative when it comes to social services, they do seem to want to offer help and support. They were asking me if I wanted anyone to meet with the kids - I've said no for the moment because dd is always mortified with anyone else getting involved with her and I think ds is doing ok since the police visit. However, I have made sure that the option is there for me to take up if I change my mind. She also asked if I needed any support at all - I said I'm doing fine, but always appreciate the practical advice. So I have someone calling me next week who is an expert on DV related injunctions and action etc. As I have always said I will take whatever help is offered if I think we can benefit from it...
    Full teaching day at work today - my head has been elsewhere all week if I'm being honest. I was pleased to get to the end of the week, and am even more pleased that there are only another 5 days to survive. It's getting tough out there at the moment - kids gave up weeks ago and I barely have any energy to carry on to the hols. Plus we have no Christmassy stuff planned (first time I've ever properly disagreed with the Head since he arrived) so have to keep teaching right until the end.
    Plus it is my works night out tonight. We went for a meal straight after school at an all you can eat buffet. I really enjoyed that - it was happy hour as well so a bit cheaper. I was never going for the drinking afterwards, but was keen to get home to dd (ds came for the meal with me) so I enjoyed the meal and some good company then we came home. I was in my pjs by 7pm and am just about falling asleep now... what a week! I'm really hoping for a good sleep and a lie in tomorrow that's for sure.
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That all sounds really reassuring CCL, I’m so glad the police came out, it certainly sounds like they are taking it seriously and hopefully the ex will take notice of the warning and this is the start of a calmer time for you.
    Hope you sleep better tonight xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03/£2000 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6500/£15,000
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Love that the police have been so supportive and that DS is feeling reassured, bless him.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense for the school to not have any Christmas stuff planned for the last week, surely he should realise that the kids aren't going to be working like the clappers and the strain it put on his staff.... maybe ask him to remember back to his own schooldays! :rotfl:

Never mind only 5 more working days and then some much needed peace (((hugs))) X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Yay to the Rozzers!!

Nice to hear a happy tale of the police service for a change.

Glad DS is happier- every time a I hear one of those awful lawyer adverts for men who are going through a divorce ' they did not want' I think of you and your kids.

DH rolled home from his works do at gone midnight and was a little bit bedraggled on Friday morning, so after a magic bagel and some paracetamol, I drove him to work so he did not have to ride his bike. That was my good deed for the year.

Hope you have a lovely weekend - snow forecast!! I am planning a hot choc party at the front window. What a wuss I am.

No Xmas stuff for the kids???? What?????
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport