PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Let's Get Motivated

Comments

• tjp70 wrote: »

Wednesday2000 - Did you manage that hoovering?

I didn't do the hoovering yesterday as I looked at the floor and it wasn't that bad. I think I must have done it late in the evening the night before.

I did end up reading the rest of my book yesterday.:)

Today:

Hoovering still needs to be done today.

I did a load of laundry as the dogs jumped all over my bedcovers so I decided to just do it today.:rotfl:

I ordered a couple of things from Am*zon this morning. I must do a lot to keep them in business.:o

I am about to make some sandwiches for both of us for lunch and then I need to go to the shop to buy garlic and chocolate. Not to be eaten together!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 22 November 2017 at 2:18PM
    Hi everyone diving in as i do love a list :)

I work 2 lists ...a master to do list which is literally a brain dump of everything floating around my head from put the dishwasher on to move house :D From this I pick 6 maximum small chunk jobs every day and if I finish i pick one more. I use this process at work and it works well for me as I know I can't rely on my brain to remember stuff unless its 4am in the morning of course :mad:

Also use an app on my phone which for list lovers is a dream :) tend to use this for shopping lists for all the different shops I visit

http://www.outofmilk.com/ToDoList.aspx

So having said that lot todays 6 are

[STRIKE]quick spit and polish of kitchen[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]sort work stuff out that has crept into the lounge [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Hoover upstairs[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Bring spare mattress downstairs for removal on friday[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]somehow get old laser printer downstairs for chucking[/STRIKE]
    start a new charity bag of clothes/shoes
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Nelski wrote: »
    Hi everyone diving in as i do love a list :)

I work 2 lists ...a master to do list which is literally a brain dump of everything floating around my head from put the dishwasher on to move house :D From this I pick 6 maximum small chunk jobs every day and if I finish i pick one more. I use this process at work and it works well for me as I know I can't rely on my brain to remember stuff unless its 4am in the morning of course :mad:

Also use an app on my phone which for list lovers is a dream :) tend to use this for shopping lists for all the different shops I visit

http://www.outofmilk.com/ToDoList.aspx

So having said that lot todays 6 are

quick spit and polish of kitchen
    sort work stuff out that has crept into the lounge
    Hoover upstairs
    Bring spare mattress downstairs for removal on friday
    somehow get old laser printer downstairs for chucking
    start a new charity bag of clothes/shoes

That looks good - we use Wunderlist (which I think is free? We've had it at least a couple of years now) and use it for shared, and personal tasks. Love it.

I failed miserably last night. Did 10k run, ate, cleaned kitchen, packed lunches, then collapsed. Ah well, maybe tonight? :rotfl:
  • tjp70
    tjp70 Posts: 464 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning.

I'm feeling really motivated this morning so it should be a good day. I have a hair cut booked and a blood test, plus running DD around, but I am sure I can fit lots of stuff in between all that.

JackieO - I'm sorry to hear DD has had an op but it sounds like she is on the mend if she is back at work already. You certainly have trained your grandsons well. Any chance you could train DD?

Wednesday2000 - Some people pay a lot of money for a paw print patterned duvet!!

Nelski - Out of milk looks like a good app. I also use Wunderlist.

MandM90 - Celebrate your success of yesterday; it's not failure. You ran 10k! That's a huge achievement, then you cleaned the kitchen and sorted packed lunches. Well done. I am in awe.

I am hoping to up my step count today. Yesterday I did 5311 steps and today I am going to exceed that (hopefully by far).

Have a good day everyone.

tjp
    If Plan A fails, remember there are 25 more letters
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    I'm up and dressed :D
    So good start to the day, I have split days off Monday & Wednesday's so need to get better organised and pull my finger out.
    Did manage a little shopping on Monday but need to re take a proper inventory.
    Today's tasks
    Clear the ironing pile
    Hoover and remake the bed ( bedding in wash as I type)
    Get the casserole made for tea
    Clean the glass in the front door/ porch ( one day the lad will work out how to open a door without putting his hand on the glass)
    Take out the recycling to the garage.

In theory that should only take an hour tops on top of my normal jobs but im sure I can stretch it out to 3 hrs with tea breaks :)
    Thanks for the inspiration everyone have a great day.:D
  • I've been busy this morning as I've put the pet blankets and dog coats into the hot wash. I cleaned the windows to the garden doors inside and out and ordered an A*da grocery delivery for tomorrow.

I sometimes have more energy in the mornings. I think I will do the dusting now.
    3. Clean around the windowsill in my bedroom as I noticed there were some little mould spots.

I haven't done that yet. I took down the curtains in my bedroom to wash them last night. I just left them to dry over the bannister.

I have to clean the windowsill later and I have to vacuum downstairs. I'm waiting for a delivery so I will do it after that.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    My 6 hot picks for today

Dentist :(
    Pick up M+S orders
    Tidy lounge
    Vacuum down
    Write a linked in profile for a customer
    Evening meeting to attend
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Have been at paid work all day. Busy and it's a physical job so was kna****ed when I got home! Slumped for a while and DH heated up casserole I made yester. Now I have to make a batch of bisciuts for tomorrow. They are a trial run for several batches I have promised to go in 5 hampers. It's years since I made bickies.
    Yesterday I cleaned cooker, tidied round, put wash on and then went to the pub for lunch! We had vouchers expiring next week so took advantage while we could :)
    When we got home I made the casserole, prepped veg, then crafted some cute boxes for chocs for said hampers.
    Tomorrow I have paid work, 3.5 hours in the morning, then a visit to an elderly friend, another hour or maybe 1.5 hrs with another client then, shopping for my auntie and it'll be home time!

I have fridays off, thank goodness. Will let you know how I get on! Can confidently say I won't be doing a 10k run!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • tjp70
    tjp70 Posts: 464 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning.

I had an amazingly productive day yesterday - I wrote an achievable list of 21 items and I did them all. That has to be a first.

Tori.k - You did it. In fact you smashed it. I hope you feel better
    for it.

Wednesday2000 - You had a busy morning. I hope the pets appreciate the fresh bedding.

Nelski - I hope all went well at the dentist. I like your 6 hot pick lists.

MMF007 - You sound super busy. What sort of biscuits are you making?

I have a busy day at work ahead, so had better get a move on.

Have a good day all.

tjp
    If Plan A fails, remember there are 25 more letters
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Tjp70, I made cinnamon biscuits. After mixing the dough you roll into thick sausage shape and put in the fridge for about 45 mins to 'set' then you can cut along the sausage to get little discs.
    They were just the right crispness (light and crispy not hard and crispy,, iykwim) but they were a bit too sweet for me. I shall adapt the recipe for the hampers. DH is happy to scoff the trial batch and they'll keep nicely in a tin so HE DOES NOT HAVE TO EAT THEM ALL AT ONCE :rotfl:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport