Orange Price changes ?

Comments

• mcmanlyn
    mcmanlyn Posts: 422 Forumite
    Can I ask are those that have been able to cancel actually been going over their minutes? Thus would be affected by the increase.

I want to try to cancel mine but very rarely go over - so I assume they could use this as a reason that I can't cancel :(
    Wondering how to have a life & not rack up more debts...
  • mcmanlyn wrote: »
    Can I ask are those that have been able to cancel actually been going over their minutes? Thus would be affected by the increase.

I want to try to cancel mine but very rarely go over - so I assume they could use this as a reason that I can't cancel :(

No you can cancel whatever. I rarely go over my inclusive minutes. May have done once or twice.

You can cancel purely for the reason that if you ever did go over your minutes you will be paying more than the amount you agreed too when you signed up. As the change is an increase from Sept 14th.
  • rlclutton
    rlclutton Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi Guys

Sorry to go over this again, but can you just clarify for me please. I had this text as well and did look at the weblink (which worked from the phone). TBH, I didn't really think it affected me (as I didn't read it very well) but from what's been said here, am I right in my understanding that all calls to 08 numbers will from 1st Sept be 14.7p instead of 5p minimum?

I too rarely go over my allowance but do make quite a few calls to 08 numbers.

Also, can anybody recommend the most decent network at the moment? Was always going to go with T-mobile and their Flext plan but have just seen their prices no longer have discounts. Don't want to be spending any more than £35 per month, so unfortunately the lovely iphone is out for me.

Ta muchly
  • MRC_2
    MRC_2 Posts: 555 Forumite
    dreddy wrote: »
    Just called up again, and the guy I spoke to actually knew what I was talking about. I told him about the increase, he said he knew about it and then said that Orange are actually the last company to put up its prices, I said the reason why I joined Orange was because I was aware of the low 5p connection charge and I expected it to last for the duration of the contract! I said the rise to 14.7p was excessive and under Orange T&Cs section 4.3

"You may also terminate your Contract if we vary its terms, resulting in an excessive increase in the Charges or changes."

He agreed and then asked me what I wanted. I told him that I wanted to disconnect and transfer the number to a PAYG sim!

All sorted... Thanks for all the info!!!

Don't know where he got that from because as far as I'm aware, o2 is 5p min charge outside allowance.
  • I've been looking at O2 sim only just under £20pm for 1200 texts and 600 mins and quidco of £100 - suits me will try cancelling at end of week
  • dreddy
    dreddy Posts: 12 Forumite
    MRC wrote: »
    Don't know where he got that from because as far as I'm aware, o2 is 5p min charge outside allowance.

He was probably saying that so that I would stay?!
  • Hello people,

Just a quick hypothetical question. From what I can gather from Orange's website they are still quoting their current costs with no reference to a change. Therefore if I had just connected to their network only to discover at a later date that I was effected by the change would I be able to cancel the agreement??

As I said it's just hypothetical :-)
  • Hi!

I have been having many arguements with orange about getting out of the contract because i get no signal but just tried calling about the call charges and asked them to cancel.

The lady on the other end said that there is a criteria and that they can only cancel if over the majority of the past twelve months, they have gone over their minutes "or something". Is this a lot of rubbish???

It's bad for my health being with orange, i was actually shaking when i came off the phone because i'm so fed up with them :cry:
  • fergies_army
    fergies_army Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just been having a look through, I only joined Orange 3 weeks ago. The mobile data bundle that at the moment provides 500mb anytime for £4.98 per month, is going to 250mb anytime for £7.50 per month!

At the moment I dont subscribe to this bundle as im using the 2 months free evening and weekened allowance however was going to join when this expires. Therfore will I be able to cancel on this basis??
  • NMB
    NMB Posts: 157 Forumite
    I've made another call to Orange and they have now agreed that the September date for releasing me from the contract was wrong and have sent a PAC with a 30 day notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure