Cheapest iPhone discussion

Comments

• If I were to take this out and get the 16gig Iphone free for £45 a month - 24 month contract, would I be able to "downgrade" after a certain amount of time? If so, how would I go about it?
  • INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Parnwell78, I believe you can switch down after 6 months, so go to a £35 a month instead.
  • daggy
    daggy Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    parnwell78 wrote: »
    If I were to take this out and get the 16gig Iphone free for £45 a month - 24 month contract, would I be able to "downgrade" after a certain amount of time? If so, how would I go about it?

Youshould be able to, but check with the network..

You would downgrade by ringing up your network.

I wouldn't go 24month though, very long time,
  • dvs
    dvs Posts: 826 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jon_01 wrote: »
    Bare in mind if you get one from Tesco, it will be locked to Tesco so you'll need to unlock it.

Just a slight correction - an iPhone bought from Tesco is locked to the O2 network so can be used on Tesco or O2.
  • fyfestuart
    fyfestuart Posts: 16 Forumite
    Has anyone called today to see if theres stock of the 3GS reconditioned in?

I'm starting to get impatient!!
  • RCarling
    RCarling Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 11 March 2010 at 2:08PM
    none in at 12 noon
  • dunkerz
    dunkerz Posts: 115 Forumite
    Apologies if this has been covered further up and I've missed it, but with the unlimited text messaging change to O2's tariffs, would I be right in thinking that effectively also means unlimited picture messaging?
    Started comping for 2012. Won: iPad 2 - thanks SueMaggie; 10,000 Tesco Clubcard Points - thanks Maybe1; HABA Terra Kids Construction Set - thanks purplevamp.:beer:
  • I was wondering if it was possible to downgrade after 9months, then again after 10months and again and again?

I took the £45/month x 24month contract because the iPhone was free and I only really need the £30/month (3 levels below).

The terms and conditions state:
    "After 9 months you can change tariff a maximum of once per month, provided that if moving down a tariff you may only move to the next lowest priced tariff with the same minimum term."

Please clarify
  • robram2
    robram2 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Does anyone know how the billing from mobiles.co.uk works with networks? Do they just handle the phone sale and then the bills come from Vodafone/Orange etc?
  • mdj1
    mdj1 Posts: 164 Forumite
    This article says that the data is unlimited on simplicity however according to O2 it is limited and chargeable at £1 a day if you exceed this limit.

Simplicity was not made for iPhones.

I've been told this on the phone and in two separate O2 stores, but please if this is wrong then LET ME KNOW as i could be saving £20 a month!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure