PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• ailz95
    ailz95 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Funny nanny, when 1st googling the symptoms looking forward to help the pain that came up a few times but I never paid an notice. Shall go and have another read about it now. Thank you for that. I'm currently sat with a hot water bottle against my ear and jaw :(
    Went to the doctors and he has given me the ok for flying:T He said it could be sinusitis as my ear looked fine, he's gave me decongestants, antihistamines and painkillers to take every day for the next 2 months.

I use Olbas oil and run it down from my ear to the base of my neck. There is a tube which runs from your ear to your jaw which gets blocked - it's called the Eustacian tube. Often a cause of glue ear in children.
    Clutter free wannabee 2021 /52 bags to cs. /2021 'stuff' out of the place

YOU CANNOT BE ALL THE GOOD THAT THE WORLD NEEDS, BUT THE WORLD NEEDS ALL THE GOOD YOU CAN BE
    taken from Shelbizleee on YouTube - her copyright
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I've been using up a lot more toiletries, I'm really running them down now.

I'm going through my wardrobe again and getting rid of anything that doesn't fit. I will drop them off at a chazzer next week. I'm putting in a necklace and a watch I don't want too.

Someone mentioned tampons as well, have you tried a mooncup? I love mine, it is so much easier and works out a lot cheaper and less space to take up ;)
    I loved my mooncup chocolatelover. It's no longer needed now since the chemo sent me into menopause. I always used to feel much cleaner using it. To be honest I can understand why people can be put off but it was amazing.

I do have a mooncup but found it too much effort to keep putting it in and out so went back to tampons.

I find getting it out really difficult especially if I'm out somewhere. I should try and use it while I'm home during the day.

• I do have a mooncup but found it too much effort to keep putting it in and out so went back to tampons.

I find getting it out really difficult especially if I'm out somewhere. I should try and use it while I'm home during the day.

I know what you mean it did take me a while to get used to mine :) I only really take mine out and empty it at home now because it holds a lot. Although if I am heavy I will take it out in public but find having a bottle of water in my bag helps to give it a quick clean :)

xxx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I know what you mean it did take me a while to get used to mine :) I only really take mine out and empty it at home now because it holds a lot. Although if I am heavy I will take it out in public but find having a bottle of water in my bag helps to give it a quick clean :)

xxx

Yes, a woman I know said when she is out and about she looks for a disabled toilet as they have more space to manoeuvre!

I did have a nightmare in a very tiny restaurant loo. I had to put one leg up against the wall to get it out!:eek::rotfl:
  • Yes, a woman I know said when she is out and about she looks for a disabled toilet as they have more space to manoeuvre!

I did have a nightmare in a very tiny restaurant loo. I had to put one leg up against the wall to get it out!:eek::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl: I've been there too! I remember when I first got it thinking it was stuck and I would need to get it removed :rotfl::rotfl:
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ive been AWOL! :eek: Welcome actually ADTWL - absent due to work load :rotfl:
    But was the rowing club's regatta yesterday so gave two items to the raffle, and returned their big glass bowl I've had for ages :j

However, my brother bought me an Echo Show ;ast week which is just a useless thing for me I think, especially as I want to move away from Wifi and tech now 5G is coming. So it's still unopened, and really not sure what to do with it yet :( Haha really dislike more clutter coming into the house these days!!

714/2019
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    699-703. Cardboard boxes into recycling

704-706. Cardboard into recycling
    707-708. Bubble wrap to charity
  • leelad
    leelad Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Evening MrsSD and fellow declutterers, it's been a long time since I posted on here. Back on the decluttering trail again ahead of our daughter's bedroom being redecorated and recarpeted next month. She will be 8 this October but the decor in her room is more suitable to a baby. So have been to the tip twice this weekend throwing out a Winnie the Pooh toy storage unit which had been well and truly hammered by wear and tear along with clothes which had been well worn. Got a charity bag of old clothes to be dropped off next week and several bags of paper has gone in the recycling bin. It's been a team effort with our daughter as my wife struggles with anxiety and depression so she finds all of this sorting out difficult. Planning to be on holiday while the decorating is bring done. Hopefully our daughter will like her new room more than she currently does and also that she keeps on top of the tidying ;-) let's see. Have missed posting on here so will keep in touch more often, just need that motivation and support every so often that I'm heading in the right direction.
  • leelad
    leelad Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Ps: have also filled up a toy box full of left over toys from when our daughter was a toddler. I'll be donating this to our childminder tomorrow who has been looking after her since she was 6 months old.
  • oceanspirit
    oceanspirit Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Lots of tidying and putting like with like (papers) so I can go through them methodically. Home looking so much better even though there is still a long, long way to go.

1 x plastic card wallet - bin
    10 x items of paperwork - recycling/shredding
    Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills