PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    TamsinC wrote: »
    1121-1175 recycling and rubbish to the bin
    1176 sold the chest of drawers and it has been collected

A good day today. Finally persuaded hubby to go through all the CDs with me and we got rid of a lot, going to musicMagpie for a measly £24, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Just need to finish boxing them up and them they will be collected. Also managed to find a few more books for the CS etc. And decluttered a barrow load of plaster off the wall in the kitchen trying to discover an old fireplace, unfortunately it seems it was ripped out in the 1970s :( . Also pulled up a lot of weeds and cut back a few suckers from an EBR (evil ba****d rose as my hubby calls them) and lost some blood to the thorns. I was meant to be making curtains but never quite got round to it. Tomorrow is a new day.

1177 -1311 CDs
    1312 - 1327 books to CS
    1328 a barrow load of plaster to the tip bag :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • TamsinC
    edited 18 July 2019 at 11:01PM
    gilly1964 wrote: »
    Hiya, do as we did, get the professionals round to measure and come up with designs.

They will ask when you want fitting but just tell them you are getting designs as not sure what budget you need to save for.

We started back in February and have only just placed an order.
    I will do eventually, got a fair bit of structural work to do first before they ca get anywhere near to measure. My problem was really my rubbish maths skills.:rotfl: my local lovely Carpenter is also doing me a ‘wet finger in the air’ quote. I much prefer giving him the work than a big company, but we shall see. He will at least build in situ and adjust it and fit it well.
  • 1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Rained overnight Wednesday & Thursday dawned very cloudy & a tad chilly. Have been very lazy again - cleared down some more programmes from the planner & have knitted both sleeves - just the button & button hole borders & collar to knit. Didn’t even cook dinner :o - curry for DH & I, Chinese for DSis.

2286 - 2294 Six foil trays, 3 drinks cans - Recycled
    2295 Bag of kitchen detritus - Binned

Well Done :- Cherryfudge; Deni debt-free dreamer; Rootle; oceanspirit; Picklepot; Barny1979; TamsinC - :T:T:T:T:T:T

See you tomorrow

MrsSD
    2295/4038
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • IrishRose12
    IrishRose12 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I have some hair conditioner that I don't like so I will use that up as shaving gel for my legs.
    Picklepot wrote: »
    cherry fudge im having much success with unused body lotion for leg shaving too:T
    Never thought of these ideas! I don't use body lotion or Conditioner so always donate or bin:eek:
    Picklepot wrote:
    Also thanks to those that said bubble bath could be used up as handsoap. No one in our house has noticed thats whats in the downstairs loo liquid soap dispensers :rotfl: and no one has as yet come to harm (itchiness etc)
    I've been doing this in my classroom for a few years now. Just the cheap tesco bubble bath, or if the nicer stuff is on sale they get that:rotfl:
    Working in my classroom with 30+ kids they waste an awful lot, even when we put an elastic around the stop to limit the amount that comes out, they just pushed it more:rotfl:

Have got rid of some more boxes and paper into the recycling, Amazon have a lot to answer for with their packaging:mad:
    Old paperwork has been recycled or dumped, a few old books and perfume has been put into a bag for donation, a few old clothes put into the bag and recycling too.

Garden has been de-weeded and de-headed this morning before the rain came on:T
    Only thing is now my ear and jaw are really painful again, I think I can say for definite that I've got an allergy/hay fever. I've never suffered hay fever before, but this has been going on for more than a month now. Visit to the doctors this afternoon just to double check and confirm this as I've a few flights from next week to Scotland then down to London then back home, so want to OK this before going.

I will admit I've take some item out of my donate bag:o But I'm putting down to money saving, plus I'm blaming this thread :rotfl: I've taken back my moisturizer to use to shave my legs :rotfl:
    I did have shaving gel on my list to buy for both home and my travels, but I'll just decant some into a smaller bottle for my travels now:money: Cheers for those tips ladies:T

Off now to get the suitcase out to throw bits and pieces in for next week, before I make a list of what I think I need, Although as I'm only heading to Scotland and London, I'm not too concerned about forgetting something:rotfl:
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,396 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello all
    I've been busy this week and haven't been home much. What with GP appointments, my DGC had sports days x 2 ( DD and SiL were working so weren't able to attend ) and today I went to the dentist, then food shopping. They are my excuses and I'm sticking to them :p So not much has been decluttered other than day to day stuff and some cardboard boxes from today's food, which I have decanted into plastic containers etc. I wish cereals etc could be put in plastic bags instead of boxes !
    I've also noticed that the office room is filling up again with stuff :mad: . I shall have to make the time to sort it out before it gets so bad that I just want to shut the door on it :(. I also need to declutter the ironing basket but it's a job I hate.
    Anyway enough procrastination I must get off my backside and make a start ! It's no good reading about other peoples efforts and not make myself do something :(

I hope everyone is well, gentle hugs coming to you if you are in need.
    Happy decluttering all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,396 Forumite
    IrishRose
    I've just read your post about a sore jaw and ear. I've had that and it turned out to be TMJD ( something that you have to manage and live with, unfortunately ) and I need anti inflams and pain killers for it when I get a flare up. Perhaps that is your problem too, just a thought. Anyway I hope you can get it sorted asap.

Take care nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Hello everyone,

Not been around much lately, been spending a lot of time with DS :)

Not really done much decluttering, pulled a few weeds from the garden the other day and did some out the front.

I too have lots of toiletries, with the soap thing I use bar soap now, the one I am currently using I got for xmas and it still has a lot of life in it! I am bad for shampoo and conditioner though I have flat hair so everytime I see something that claims to give you volume I try it...

Someone mentioned tampons as well, have you tried a mooncup? I love mine, it is so much easier and works out a lot cheaper and less space to take up ;)

Sounds like the shark has got a lot of love atm as well, I really do love mine. I keep telling my mum to get one too she is disabled and has arthritis everywhere and had ops on her knees and shoulders but she will still struggle to get her Henry out and sit on the sofa and hoover like that and get dad to do the rest!

C xx

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    690-691. Two cardboard boxes into recycling
    692. Bubble wrap to charity

693-695. Three broken clothes rails to tip
    696. Cardboard into recycling
    697-698. Bubble wrap to charity
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC wrote: »

1177 -1311 CDs
    1312 - 1327 books to CS
    1328 a barrow load of plaster to the tip bag :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

1329 broken ‘tupperware’ to recycling
    1330 - 1340 general recycling

Not much else, been trying to do these curtains and not getting very far.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Hello everyone,

Not been around much lately, been spending a lot of time with DS :)

Not really done much decluttering, pulled a few weeds from the garden the other day and did some out the front.

I too have lots of toiletries, with the soap thing I use bar soap now, the one I am currently using I got for xmas and it still has a lot of life in it! I am bad for shampoo and conditioner though I have flat hair so everytime I see something that claims to give you volume I try it...

Someone mentioned tampons as well, have you tried a mooncup? I love mine, it is so much easier and works out a lot cheaper and less space to take up ;)

Sounds like the shark has got a lot of love atm as well, I really do love mine. I keep telling my mum to get one too she is disabled and has arthritis everywhere and had ops on her knees and shoulders but she will still struggle to get her Henry out and sit on the sofa and hoover like that and get dad to do the rest!

C xx

C xx

I loved my mooncup chocolatelover. It's no longer needed now since the chemo sent me into menopause. I always used to feel much cleaner using it. To be honest I can understand why people can be put off but it was amazing.

I'm still pondering on the shark. The reviews I read are either fantastic or dire. A lot of comments about blockages. I do still want one though.:D

I cleaned my carpet but it's turned into a nightmare. It wasn't sucking up well so the carpet is still damp. I'm going to rent a rug doctor on Monday and do mine and mums sitting room carpets.

Mr radiator is now sprayed and looks so much better.

DS has broke up today so decluttering may slow down but I still have a target of it all being done by christmas (sorry to say that word). I'm currently washing school uniform at the moment so on Monday the uniform will go to the charity shop and the shoes to the cobbler who returns them and sends them to people who need them overseas.

I will keep reading but I doubt I will have too much to post for the next few weeks.

Keep going everyone.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure