Joined 31.05.16

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you for all the dating encouragement. I am not really sure about internet dating. I think I may just stay single or at least sort some of the debt before meeting someone. Plus I've gone to bed a few nights a week at 9 recently and found it really useful to have a longer sleep. All the men want to go clubbing or fine dining and I just want to watch telly with a take away. I don't seem to be fantastic dating material right now.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • reality_check
    Options
    I was watching how to lose weight well this week and they try out a different load of diets every week, this week one of them was the Sleeping Beauty diet! It claims you must have 7-9 hours sleep a night and this apparently makes you less hungry. Not sure if it does work but I know at night watching tv is when I eat the most, so would help me losing weight as wouldn't be eating, I'd be sleeping!
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • lulabelle
    lulabelle Posts: 944 Forumite
    Options
    gosh, that is my normal sleeping pattern and I'm still heavy!
    I want to be a writer
  • lulabelle
    lulabelle Posts: 944 Forumite
    Options
    I know how you feel PSL. Even now, in a relationship, I love just getting my slobs on with a take out and tv - love it when the boy is out. If you want a bit of you time then don't bother for the moment and just enjoy your own company. I know a lot of people who can't be on their own and that's not good. At least you know you can cope on your own (and like your own company) so a relationship later on is just a bonus (provided he doesn't interfere with your telly choices!!) x
    I want to be a writer
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Things Reality and Lulabelle.
    I think I watched that show once where they made the girl boil bones and it looked so bleak and sad. She did lose weight but her meals did not look good and definately not something I could copy.

I am loving going to bed early right now. I think I Am eating same amount though. I do need to watch the diet more closely. But sometimes I feel like I am giving myself so many tasks my head is spinning!
    This week I need to put off all bills into next month payday Friday and be very frugal.
    I am going to monitor my spending from yesterday to payday and keep it as low as possible. Then look at it in weekly spends.
    February must be frugal although there are some planned treats otherwise I seem to go a bit mad.
    Most people I work with think there will be a bonus so just waiting to hear but another 2 months to go. Fingers crossed it will cancel the loan and then I move on and pretend it never happened. Otherwise if I tell myself about it I will think I am wealthy and then spend that amount again.

I think internet dating is advertised as this brilliant solution whereas it just makes me feel quite depressed and anxious, a bit paranoid and not altogether good!
    This week last week before payday. Need to sit tight, pub with family later, then 5x work and no unnecessary spending. (Easier said than done)

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just thought I would stop by , being single myself and used dating sites , I have met some idiots but then I have had 2 relationships with great guys. They haven't gone anywhere but one is now a very good friend. I wouldn't try them again though , I can't be doing with all the sittingnlooking at a screen.
    I find I am happier single, I am fortunate to have excellent friends a couple are single and on their own. Being on your own isn't for everyone, online dating at the least will give you a laugh.

Have a good weekend ��
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I can't be doing with all the sittingnlooking at a screen.
    I find I am happier single, I am fortunate to have excellent friends a couple are single and on their own. Being on your own isn't for everyone.

Have a good weekend ��

Thank you Cumbrian Lass. I feel like this is 100% me! Maybe I need to do
    Match to see that it's not for me. It's nice that you met nice men tho. That does bring some hope.
    When I was younger I totally believed in love for ever and marriage and everything and now I think I still do but a lot of people I know married people that make them
    Unhappy. Facebook, phones and the internet mean that it is so easy to start looking around and plenty of people do.

My dad always says that I need to stop looking for exciting men And find someone reliable with good intentions. I know in my heart he is right. But I think you are supposed to be a bit excited or there isn't much point.

It is hard to find a balance tho and I think if I don't then that is fine. xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I see myself in what you have written, my dad is always saying the same thing. I am 54 but he still wants me settled down and looked after.

One day I have said I will write all the antics that have happened to me on the online dating scene, luckily none have been scary more bizarre really.

The upside is whilst the weather is cold perusing the online site gives you something to do !

Good luck in your search, keep us updated . Will subscribe to your thread.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you Cumbrian Lass. I sometimes feel like no one in the world is similar to me. I am really pleased we are maybe similar. I hope you meet someone even if it's not a high priority for you.

I am too busy for online dating this week. Need to pay the very tommorow and then concentrate on not spending money and monitor all the spends.

Cheap dinner tonight at home rounding off much needed NSD. I have got to learn.

Operation pay back HSBC commences.

I think it is 67 days of loan left.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    NSD today
    Yesterday went to Tesco.
    NSD before that

So the last 3 days have been good
    Tommorow needs to be NSD

Friday is lunch out and then No more spending.

Saturday And Sunday low spend.

This is the plan.
    :j

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income