Husband will be working abroad soon

How will this affect taxfree childcare ? I cant find any info and I loath to call them. please help?

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    sparks6 wrote: »
    How will this affect taxfree childcare ? I cant find any info and I loath to call them. please help?
    Is he employed abroad too? Or is his employment still here

edit: and where abroad if not
  • sparks6
    sparks6 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yes emplyed by Switzerland company ro work in Switzerland.
  • Comms69
    Yes emplyed by Switzerland company ro work in Switzerland.
    Ah, you would need to check what agreements exist between Switzerland and the UK - as they are not a full EU member.
  • sparks6
    How do i do that?
  • sparks6
    So I rang the HMRC, very polite but didn't have a clue, told me to wait until June when my reconfirmation time is to see how things are going. But by then I wont be able to apply for childcare vouchers if needed because the April deadline will have passed!!! Seriously, I'm trying my best to plan here and be honest, its as if I am being pushed to play the system. Why don't they have proper terms and conditions?
  • Comms69
    So I rang the HMRC, very polite but didn't have a clue, told me to wait until June when my reconfirmation time is to see how things are going. But by then I wont be able to apply for childcare vouchers if needed because the April deadline will have passed!!! Seriously, I'm trying my best to plan here and be honest, its as if I am being pushed to play the system. Why don't they have proper terms and conditions?

What?

Play the system? Well if you're worse off why is your husband taking the job??!!

and terms and conditions? What to cover every possible eventuality?
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Tbh, this seems really simple to me.

Your Husband won't be living with you, so no different from having a partner/boyfriend with his own place, no?

I'm assuming when he moves, he'll be paying some sort of accomdation, have a bank account over there too.

Then for tax credits reasons, you would need to declare whatever 'income' he gives you as just that, income (or child support). In eyes of tax credits I would see it as a single parent income.

It's not playing the system as what is sent over to you, is infact what you are living off.

On otherhand, if his wages are paid into a joint account, then again, that would have to be declared as income even if he is taking some back over to pay for living expences.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure