PRA Group forged cca agreement

Options
Hi there. I have been getting 5 calls a day from PRA Group claiming I still owe £6000 on a debt they bought from Welcome Finance. They also sent me a cca pack with very illegible copied and pasted cca agreement frpm 2007 with bankaccount numbers altered. Also my signature has been copied and pasted. The paperwork is so bad it is illegible. They also say since i continued to pay a small amount each month which i stopped in 2015 i have acknowledged the debt and therefore it is not statued barred. I am worried about ccj's they may try to enforce. Pleas can you help me.

regards Mike

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dispute the agreement as being genuine, if you believe it's not.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Under the consumer credit act, any copy agreement must be a legible copy, so you must be able to read it.
    Write back disputing its validity, and its legibility, also there is no requirement for a signiture, so it fails on all points basically.

Tell them you believe the paperwork they have sent you does not comply with sec 77/79 CCA 1978 for the above reasons, and, with that in mind, your account currently remains unenforable until they do comply with a properly reconstituted and legible copy of your credit agreement.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure