Tesco/MBNA balance transfer query

I recently applied and successfully received a BT from my MBNA card to a 0% Tesco card.

I have my new card, and logging onto Tesco Bank it shows the BT was processed on the 25th, but the balance is still showing on my MBNA card, should it not show as cleared?

Am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Is it not even showing as pending with MBNA? I would phone both MBNA and then Tesco to confirm everything has been done correctly. (Does Tesco have the right MBNA card number for instance?)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Finchy2018
    Finchy2018 Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Not showing as pending either, I will give Tesco a call later and see what they say.
  • Don80
    Don80 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I did a balance transfer recently, and had a similar issue. It did sort itself out in 3 or 4 days.
  • Craig1981
    Craig1981 Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    if you did the BT on the application, then give it 7-10 days. if the card is an older one, and you doing it, should take a couple of days
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It has already been 10 days (8 working days).
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Finchy2018
    Update in case you are interested, no one seems to know what's happened, so currently having to pay the same balance off both cards..... the annoying thing is, I had the money to clear the amount I just wanted to take advantage of 0% interest and keep the pennies in my savings account!
  • Finchy2018
    Final update! The balance was put on a mystery card. They have recalled the payment and will put it on the right card. glad it's all sorted!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure