Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Maybe next year I need to do the Christmas playlist thing when doing the cards .
  • Hi Hairy and Cumbria - yes there’s nothing like Christmassy alcohol and music for making the wrapping and writing pass quickly!

I’ve ordered little nephews pressies - He likes Paddington so bought him two Paddington toys. M&S had half price Belgian chocs so bought some for DSis.

Apart from the above no other spends today!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • i love paddington
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • i love paddington

One of the toys arrived today. He’s very cute - Paddington teddy riding a bike that moves and plays a song! But I had to lug him home on the train tonight!

Also got some free food! One of the guys I work with has been away shooting and brought me in some partridges today (all plucked and gutted thankfully!). So roast partridge for Saturday supper!

Also paid out today for DSis’s birthday present. As you know we take one another out for a show and a meal for our birthdays - as DSis missed our trip last month to The Dreamgirls I said did she want me to get tickets? She was upset that she missed it last time so jumped at the chance. I don’t mind seeing it again because it’s so good! I booked the tickets today for January as December is very busy for her work wise. They really seem to have jumped in price since I booked the last lot though!:eek: West End theatre ticket prices are a joke these days if you want to see a popular show with good stalls seats. :(

But - Friday tomorrow - nearly the weekend! Yay!:j
    🌟
  • Today was mega busy at work. Worked later tonight. Quite funny watching boss toddling off to meet his wife to go to a posh white tie City bunfight this evening. He had to hire his suit - I said he looked very nice after he changed into it - just like Carson fron Downton Abbey!:D He’d been moaning that he really didn’t want to go blah blah but I think he did really! When I left the office there were a few couples wandering about - the men in white tie and ladies in ‘long” so quite a big affair!

M&S sent me a 20% discount voucher so I bought two faux fur hats for DSis - one grey and the other black as she had said she needed a couple of new hats for the winter. There was actually a three for two offer on so I got a black one for me as well. That finishes her Xmas pressies.

The voucher arrived for DSis and OH’s afternoon tea. Beautifully presented in a lovely box.

Apart from the hats no spends today except for some croissants and milk!

My first Pilates session tomorrow as well!:eek:
    🌟
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I think getting dressed up for a dinner is lovely , especially men in tuxedos . I go to one in about 3 weeks.

Good use of your 20% of and even better that you treated yourself.

Hope your Pilates is good tomorrow, and that your foot comes through it ok .
  • You're so organised with Christmas SSG. I've only got two presents so far :o. However I intend to get myself organised after the wedding next weekend.

I love Paddingto too, the books and the film :D.

I hope you enjoy the Pilates tomorrow. I bet you discover muscles you didn't know had had :rotfl:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Hope the pilates works well for you
  • Thanks everyone. Yes fingers crossed for the Pilates - I’m beginning to run out of fitness options. I’ve heard it can be tough on the muscles though Hairy!:eek:

I raather like my furry hat Cumbria! :D Hope you enjoy your own “posh” do. Are you wearing “long?”

More wrapping is on the cards tomorrow. I’ve never been this early with them ever! I’ll have to get more Baileys in!:D
    🌟
  • lashie
    lashie Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck at Pilates!

You will ache on Sunday especially your tummy but it's quite a nice ache if you get what I mean. It's not like it hurts to sit down or anything like after a HIIT session!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback