New Forum Version - they've locked me in!

BlueBella
BlueBella Posts: 10,370 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
Oh no, I was using the old forum layout and today 'they' have changed it to the new forum layout and I cannot change it back! :( Unhappy but I suppose I will just have to get used to it....
:TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea

Comments

• dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    BlueBella wrote: »
    Oh no, I was using the old forum layout and today 'they' have changed it to the new forum layout and I cannot change it back! :( Unhappy but I suppose I will just have to get used to it....

I've just had a whinge too.
    It's too squished together, and looks horrible. If it ain't broke...... :mad::mad::mad:
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • chocolateone
    chocolateone Posts: 4,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    me too! :(
  • BlueBella
    I preferred the old version but I suppose we have to move on with the times.....it will take me a few days to get used to the new colours, spacing etc though!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Mine's still the old version ... you can't change it to "Old version" here : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=manageversion

?
  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am on the squished green version (fixed masthead) middle option in between 2 others. this morning there was a stretchy green version, but it's since disappeared.

I'm going to start looking at other comping websites - because the new blue with pale grey font version lacks contrast. All the wrong bits stand out on that version.

Actually, the weekly email is less useful (same old, same old) than it was a few years ago, so I might just dump MSE altogether. Funny how Martin's weekly twitter poll never mentions "Do you like the new forum design".
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi folks

Turning off old forum versions

Work to switch the forum to HTTPS needs to be done on all versions (skins) of the forum. To reduce the time and resource it takes to make the switch we need to switch off some of those old forum skins and migrate the forum members who are on them to a newer skin (the one prior to the new blue skin). This will affect around 1,000 of you. You will still be on an old, green version of the Forum and will, of course, still be able to choose to switch to the newest, blue version if you decide to. We're sorry this may affect your use of the Forum. Our priority, though, has to be the security of the site.

MSE Forum Team.

User CP > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Forum Skin

The New Masthead, stretchy is no longer an option.

If you want green you must choose New Masthead, fixed width

If you want blue you can choose Use Forum Default

If you choose the green version and don't like the space at each side then you can Zoom the page by 110% or 125%. This is especially useful for those with sight problems.
  • janE1956
    janE1956 Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    not happy, need glasses anyway to see but this has made everything smaller
    as I would think there are more "older" compers than younger ones the powers that be should think of this and if anything enlarge the site!!!!
  • BlueBella
    Mine's still the old version ... you can't change it to "Old version" here : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=manageversion

?

No, it used to work but now it doesn't!:(
  • BlueBella
    For the past few days the site has been really slow for me so I had a feeling updates were going on behind closed doors.....the one positive thing about the new verson is that it is running fast for me :)
  • cinders59
    cinders59 Posts: 7,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    One-Eye wrote: »
    User CP > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Forum Skin

The New Masthead, stretchy is no longer an option.

If you want green you must choose New Masthead, fixed width

If you want blue you can choose Use Forum Default

If you choose the green version and don't like the space at each side then you can Zoom the page by 110% or 125%. This is especially useful for those with sight problems.

My page is already at zoom 150% and the writing is still smaller for me than before don't know why they couldn't keep the stretchy setting as there must be more people on me here that don't have good eye sight, I managed to get the stretch view this morning but not there anymore
    Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family