* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Nic2075 is ther anything you can do that's not HA related to ease the finances on your current house? You do sound like you love where you are, as do the kids. The outdoor space is important for the kids too I think if they enjoy it.

Soooo....i wemt back and bought the fluffy polar bear hats for the girls too, seeing my mum on Wednesday so will ask a second opinion. Also bought a lovely little vintage style cream woolen hat with little flowers on it for another DN. It was tucked under everything else at the bottom of a pile and didn't look much until I unearthed it. It's really sweet and I think it will really suit her.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• had a lovely afternoon yesterday with faveCoz her ddil and my dgn who is just beautiful, he is smiley and chuckley and bloomin plumptious. (not that l am fond of babies, you understand?).
    Half term already, another year flying in! will be starting my seeds off this week, always on valentines day, family tradition.
    New passport arrived this week, so onward with china visit in August.
    There is a new baby girl on the road, too, friends DD2 had her on Monday morning, cure as a button, but see above, of course l wont be doting honorary auntie. The knitting needles are ready to catch fire.
    l feel great now that l am back in the fold, lovely to 'see' you all and catch up, while l am waiting to skype the nibs.
  • Cute as a button, l meant. this keyboard cant spell.
  • kerri oh no about the wallpaper! This is what puts me off trying to do it myself, I’m sure I’d make a mess of it. It must have been a bit awkward for you too. I hope you can get it all sorted quickly. As you say best to put it down to experience and try to put it behind you!

nic oh that’s so hard about the house, you do get a feeling from a house and the outdoor space makes so much difference. Sometimes money isn’t everything if you’re unhappy. I know you applied to the HA but surely you don’t have to accept this particular house, they may be able to find you others?

mrsinvisible you make me laugh with the babies. :p I can certainly see why people keep having them!
  • We have snow again. Bored of winter now. Roll on spring :rotfl:

Four shifts to do at work (Tuesday, weds, Friday, Sunday,) then off for a week hurrah. Last week off was October seems like so long ago

Hope everyone is doing ok. Nothing really to report here. Birthdays and mother's Day approaching so will have to think about them soon
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Congrats PK on your hubby's job :j :j

Oh your workbook sounds great FREE and really helpful, keep taking it one page at a time.

So sorry to hear about your room KERRI :( we have made the same mistake before, well meaning friend who didnt quite understand his own limitations, we learnt not to tell him when we were thinking of getting something done in the end as he just broke so many things! worst being out guttering on our roof which he pulled apart and then didn't tell us so we had a leak for months :eek:

Oh NIC, if the house doesn't feel right I always think its best to turn it down even if it is cheaper, you spend hours and hours in your home and its very depressing to be somewhere you don't want to be :( There will be other houses come along at some point. We stretched for this house after being in one of the most depressing houses, in the most depressing street i've ever seen (It actually took me over 4 years to be able to drive down the street again after we moved as it affected me so much) and I seriously would not leave my current house for anything. Its not a fancy house by any means, but it 'feels' like home and is full of good memories that keep me going :) I do firmly believe that buying/moving to a new house is one of the most important things you will ever do as the way you feel when you walk in your front door affects ever other aspect of your life. (hmm got all heavy there didnt I! sorry about that! was meant to be all uplifting and positive :o )

I'm still plodding away at the ESA form :( I have literally done one question :( Had the brainwave to do my continuations of each question on the computer so I can save it and change it as I think of things to add in. It's just so darned exhausting :( plus had to ring them up as due to all the debarcle with DH's PIP they had also stopped my extra money as we are both disabled and PIP had not bothered to tell ESA when I rang and sorted it out, sighhhhh.

Anyway, no christmassy news from me im afraid, I shall now try and do question number 2 on my form :(
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    JAKESMUM what you said about houses and homes is so true and you said it so well. NIC whatever decision you make I hope you'll be happy in your home.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • DS2s PIP home visit assessment tomorrow, l appreciate that they are being considerate of his inability to travel to the assessment centre, but he is actually shaking with worry. Not Fair!! They say they will be there between 11 am and 1 pm. I have told him l will be there by 10am, it is so arbitrary, his sister has the same disability and was awarded pip without a face to face at all. Jakes Mum l really empathise with you.
    l am also helping another lady with her appeal and waiting for my own, so l feel 'right pip-pped off'.
    Got to cuddle the new baby girl today, her nanna brought her over, she is adora-bubble. really cheered me up.
    DGS1 is on half term, has got me to make a hamper up of valentiney things for his GF and got his mum to sign his card so that she wont know who it is from...... aaaah sweet.
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Ahh MrsI, good luck to your DS2 for tomorrow, thats great you can be there too, DH and I always sit in on each others and we have no hesitation about interrupting and chucking in any information we think the other has forgotten or is not explaining properly. One thing I always got told to remember by my benefits advice man (who fills my PIP forms in) is that the people reading my forms and asking me questions are in no way trained in my illness so I have to explain every single bit of it in a very clear way. Can I walk less than 50 mtrs? why not? give an example, what does it do, how do I feel after trying to do this, how long does the after effects of trying last? is it cumulative? so the more I do the worse I feel and for longer?

I really hope you get a decent questioner for him who will be honest in her report about his problems :)

Am now on question 5 of 18 on my ESA form :(
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Thanks for the advice on the house. I had made the decision yesterday before coming on to read. I had decided this wasn't the house I wanted to live in. Others will come along. I'll just wait and see what happens.
    jakes mum, you have hit the nail on the head about how a house feels. I have always moved about. Every 2 years, I have moved for the last 25 yrs. but for the last 5 years I have been in this house. I have such good memories here and it makes me smile just looking out the lounge window. Sounds silly, but I love colour of the wood of the doors ,skirting and door jambs etc. It's a beautiful warm oak. I often just stand and touch the door jamb. The kids think I'm odd. But it comforts me to just touch it.
    The kids are happier too. My DS wanted to move, because he doesn't really get on at school. He thinks a new school would sort it. But to be honest he just doesn't tolerate anyone. My girls were so relieved when I said I turned it down. Those smiles alone made me realise it was the right decision at the moment.

This snow can just do one now. I got up at 6:30am, looked out and it was rain fin and the road etc was black. My sister text me at 6:50am to warm to watch the road coming over to drop the kids off. I checked outside and 2 inches had fallen in that short time! It was a scary drive to hers. I did about 30mph the whole 8 miles. I had a queue behind me. But the road was white the whole way, and it was -1, it didn't feel any safer to go any faster.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport