PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Have a nice holiday Lame Wolf
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Today my cleaning at a client's home was accompanied by her friend playing the violin :) The lady is a very talented musician and it was a real treat.
    We had a laugh about my enthusiastic niece who, aged 5, declared that, "People say playing the violin is hard, but it's not, it's easy." !!!

Inspired by Softstuff, I made a renewed effort at weight loss and shifted 1.5lbs this week :D. Still lots to go but baby steps!

Have a lovely holiday LW x

Thinking of Karcher. Do let us know how things are, Sweetie x
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • pandamonium
    pandamonium Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Have a great holiday LW. It'll be fine when you get there.

Sending get well vibes to all the poorlies.

Panda x
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MMF007 wrote: »
    Inspired by Softstuff, I made a renewed effort at weight loss and shifted 1.5lbs this week :D. Still lots to go but baby steps!
    x

That's great going! And very sweet to mention me :o

I view my own weight loss a bit like the old "how do you eat an elephant?", if you have to eat it in small bites it makes sense that you'd remove the associated weight gain in small bits too :rotfl: No new weightloss to report for me, it's that special time of the month. Though I can report that once again I resisted the 2 scroll urge this month (once a month there must be some sort of hormonal shift, I had an incredible urge for coffee raisin scrolls, ate 2 then got a migraine and went to bed, haven't had the scrolls since the diet started and the headache is milder).

Have a lovely holiday Lamewolf, we'll be waiting for you right here.

Monna, I'd suggest marketing it as "sliceable marmalade". You might think that's silly, but they're selling squeezable cheese, so....

MaryB, lovely to hear your hubby is on the mend. Glad you're planning to get away too.

Nursemaggie, I too hope the other 9 are otherwise accommodated, it's always possible that they're not really interested in that property I suppose.

I've been very busy, or "flat out" as they say over here. Just trying to make the most of having had a week off work and make some movement in house things. I think I've had some progress too. Onwards and...er.. onwards :D
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I think it's a bit below the belt to mention that poxy elephant. I was promised that nobody would mention that again!! Just because I et somebody's measely rotten elephant by mistake :o:o
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    mardatha wrote: »
    I think it's a bit below the belt to mention that poxy elephant. I was promised that nobody would mention that again!! Just because I et somebody's measely rotten elephant by mistake :o:o
    Ooh mar you've just slipped up there ! I was having a quick read in an attempt to keep up and look what I spotted :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

If I don't get online tomorrow ( dd has two seperate appointments and we need to catch up on the dreaded shopping and other things ) I hope to be back at the weekend to make another attempt to keep up .

Wishing all the poorlies continuing improvement , good luck to NM and all hoping for better days to come . As always thinking of burtha ', Karcher and all facing life's tough times . To everyone else wishing you sunshine and a good day tomorrow .

Much love

polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    And pray what did you mistake the elephant for Mardatha? It was too big to be a jelly baby!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm sat here chuckling at Monna's sliceable marmalade and Mar and the elephant, I never know what I'm going to find when I read this thread.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Maybe Monna should send Mar some marmalade as an elephant/jelly baby substitute?
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    silvasava wrote: »
    And pray what did you mistake the elephant for Mardatha? It was too big to be a jelly baby!

It had been rolling round in icing sugar. To be fair, it was a mistake any of us could have made :whistle:
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure