Heat Logs

Options
Hi everyone

So the weather is on the change and ive already got my supply of logs in but looking at supplementing with some heat logs.

I have tried a few over the last couple of years but looking to see if there are any I have missed.

I have tried Fuel Express sold in Tesco pack of 12 burnt well, Hotties, were good but more expensive than the fuel express and didn't seem to get more heat. Aldi UK Heatlogs, didn't like these just expanded and went to nothing & finally Verdo which were good burnt well and cheaper than hotties & fuel express.

Any other recommendations worth considering?

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Verdo's from Home Bargains work for me
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • michaelgordon
    Options
    yes i agree best of the bunch for me just wondered if anything new or different. if not will go back for them
  • Greenfires
    Options
    The Fuel Express briquettes are made by the same company that make Hotties. Yes they're cheaper, but you don't get more for your money than you do with Hotties. The 12 pack briquettes are smaller and the packs are lighter too, so you're getting less actual material for starters. I sold hundreds of tonnes of Hotties when I was dealing with them - almost every single customer came back year after year - and we also used them ourselves at home. In our experience, the only things we ever found that were better were the old Treenergy briquettes - and we only started selling Hotties when Treenergy packed up.

My advice - even if you don't go for Hotties - would be to choose an extruded briquette. Almost all the pressed ones do the swelling up and falling to bits routine, and once the flames are done the party's pretty much over. Hotties form proper embers that will keep putting the heat out for ages after the flames have died down.
  • smallblueplanet
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    Verdo's from Home Bargains work for me

And me. Easy to break in half/small bits too.
  • martinthebandit
    Options
    I got half a pallet from here http://www.whitehorseenergy.co.uk/briquettes and they were very good.
  • michaelgordon
    Options
    hmm may have a look at the white horse eco blaze.

Problem I have with hotties is I burnt roughly the same amount as every other briquette so it proved quite expensive, they were good but not great to justify the extra expense
  • martinthebandit
    Options
    hmm may have a look at the white horse eco blaze.

Problem I have with hotties is I burnt roughly the same amount as every other briquette so it proved quite expensive, they were good but not great to justify the extra expense
    If you have a garage with space the delivery drivers seem quite happy to push a pallet load into it for you.
  • Pagan98
    Pagan98 Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We prefer Blazers heat logs to the Verdo ones. £3.99 a bag from B&M, although they’ve been thin on the ground this year. Last year HomeBargains stocked them too.
  • Tincancat
    Options
    Lidl sell Fuel Express Heat Logs at less than £3 for a pack of 12
  • michaelgordon
    Options
    I got some of them, burn very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income