Brazier smokeless fuel for multi-burner

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 February 2017 at 5:11PM
    DREKLY wrote: »
    Hi Islandman, are you back to burning your Bra ziers again?
    I found a supply of 25kg bags, for £13 a bag, so bought one
    to compare...
    The ovals look much the same as what's in Aldi's product,
    and they burn much the same too, so it wouldn't suprise me
    that these ovals all come from the same source, and are just
    bagged up for different suppliers !
    The photo of your stove looks very impressive by the way,
    I love all the brickwork detail ; my stove is in the kitchen,
    next to an airing cupboard containing the immersion tank,
    it's about 90F in the cupboard, and the water is well hot !
    so it looks a bit more "agricultural" than a lounge installation.

Thanks, yes back in the day, I worked for a pork pie manufacturer and we made pies for sainsburys, so know what you suggest re same product. We are loving the brazier fuel, in fact last night we both sat there puffing & panting away saying how hot it was, something that never happened with logs. Those we have bought from asda, are 10kg and cost £3.99, so that way, 3 bags, 30kg = £11.97 whereas your 25kg is £13, dosen't make sense does it.
  • Krapsite
    Krapsite Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Wickes sell this as a 3 for 2 offer. £5.99 a bag of 10 kg. Very good price indeed and deliver subject to their terms.I normally use Supertherm which is high quality but has increased in price. My coal-man delivered Newheat which has too much petcoke init and stinks and messes the door of my stove.Brazier is clean ,low ash and I find hot. Last all night as do the others. I run stove from November 1st to March 31st. Then on to wood which I have seasoned for years.
  • Might be worth trying a local coal merchant - they usually stock a range of coal varying in performance for purpose. Works out cheaper too, I'm paying just under £8 for a 25kg bag (sometimes seems larger too) of smokeless fuel which will put out some really good heat on my Morso multi fuel :j :j :j
  • System
    We do look at prices in small shops, have seen from £4.50 to £5.00
  • DREKLY
    DREKLY Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The Range..... 3.99 (Get off the gas stove, Grandma....

- you're too old to ride the range ! :)
    16 x Enhance 250w panels + SolarEdge Inverter + TREES :(
  • System
    wilkinsons now sell it, £4 per bag
  • Hello

I have just sat and read several threads regarding burning fuel rather than logs with some interest, and we are trying it currently so will definitely try to get some Brazier!

Could I please ask a couple of questions?

1. When do you put some more fuel on?

2. My stove is a Stovax View 5....the manual states both airwash and primary sliders to be set at midway.....but some of you say you close your vents down, others open them up. Can somebody please advise what is the right way to get a more efficient burn and heat output?

Many thanks
    x
  • System
    Hello

I have just sat and read several threads regarding burning fuel rather than logs with some interest, and we are trying it currently so will definitely try to get some Brazier!

Could I please ask a couple of questions?

1. When do you put some more fuel on?

2. My stove is a Stovax View 5....the manual states both airwash and primary sliders to be set at midway.....but some of you say you close your vents down, others open them up. Can somebody please advise what is the right way to get a more efficient burn and heat output?

Many thanks
    x

In bed now will reply am
  • System
    edited 31 January 2019 at 9:33AM
    Yesterday, I placed an order online with the distributor for 8 bags, 10kg at £3,99 so will pay £31.92 free delivery over £30. Asda have a restriction on four bags per on line order so you end up buy for the sake of it.

As for the sliders. we inherited the words, "you have to play around with them according to the draughts of the day".

AS for the question when do you put more fuel on. I would say, the size of the stove determines that. Ours is smallish, and we light it about 4pm. About 7.30, maybe another half dozen cobbles. In the morning, those cobbles, still in shape, remain glowing.

PS, what I would say is this, due to the size of our stove, the ash pan is full with our lighting times. If we were to light it in the morning, by early afternoon, the ash pan would require emptying.
  • Hi. There are other same size smokeless ovals on that website. Have you tried all of them?
    What about superheat? Or the other product written on low ash.?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure