Children's savings accounts with UC

Hi

My children have the following accounts, please can you confirm if these need to be declared to UC and if they will be included in the 16K savings limit

A govt child's trust fund in her name that only she can access when she's 18 (but no other accounts)
Other children have a child's ISA (no other accounts or trust funds) in their name that I can pay birthday money into, only they can withdraw and not before they are 18

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi

My children have the following accounts, please can you confirm if these need to be declared to UC and if they will be included in the 16K savings limit

A govt child's trust fund in her name that only she can access when she's 18 (but no other accounts)
    Other children have a child's ISA (no other accounts or trust funds) in their name that I can pay birthday money into, only they can withdraw and not before they are 18

Any help greatly appreciated

If you cannot withdraw money from them and the money is locked in until they are 18 then they will not be included in the savings limit.
    Personally I would declare these to UC giving the exact details of the accounts so they can check the terms and conditions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure