NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This looks as though it could go quickly. How many hours before the offer is withdrawn and re-issued with DD requirements? (as with Tesco)
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,130
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    This looks as though it could go quickly. How many hours before the offer is withdrawn and re-issued with DD requirements? (as with Tesco)

Especially as it now featured by MSE

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5773527
  • tomthered
    tomthered Posts: 258
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Could I ask if I have an old Joint account with Nationwide, if I switch do I need to change it into the same names? The account was with my ex wife from years ago and I wondered if I could just switch it and just have my name on it? Havent used it as it only has £18 it
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Call Natwest and ask.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,882
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    thanks for this. Existing customers as well + no direct debits ! Blimey
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Forumite
    tomthered wrote: »
    Could I ask if I have an old Joint account with Nationwide, if I switch do I need to change it into the same names? The account was with my ex wife from years ago and I wondered if I could just switch it and just have my name on it? Havent used it as it only has £18 it
    You can't switch a joint into a sole using the CASS.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    If I open a donor account with another bank, how long before I can switch it to get the incentive? At least until I get the debit card and PIN, or does it not matter? It seems a bit cheeky to open one and switch it straight away, or if that is even possible.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Forumite
    If I open a donor account with another bank, how long before I can switch it to get the incentive? At least until I get the debit card and PIN, or does it not matter? It seems a bit cheeky to open one and switch it straight away, or if that is even possible.
    If you have a conscience, you can wait a couple of months to switch to NatWest. Others on here have switched within 7 days for other offers!
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    If you have a conscience, you can wait a couple of months to switch to NatWest. Others on here have switched within 7 days for other offers!
    Ah, yes I do have a bit of a conscience, unfortunately. :D

So, by "a couple of months" that could mean applying for the NatWest account before 16/02/2018, and make the switch date sometime in early March?
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,823
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Ah, yes I do have a bit of a conscience, unfortunately. :D

So, by "a couple of months" that could mean applying for the NatWest account before 16/02/2018, and make the switch date sometime in early March?
    How curious. I didn't know that all it takes to salve a guilty conscience is two months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure