PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 2 December 2017

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Was up and at the yard for 7am, it's cloudy and dull so ''twas still dark but Lulu was keen to be out bless her. Have just enjoyed scrambled eggs on toast and now nursing my second cup of coffee so feel much more human :)
    I spent a lovely couple of hours with my DN at her salon's Christmas party, picked up a couple of little extra pressies plus a treat for myself and it was good to see her, my SIL and other family members. The only thing was not many of her clients turned up which was a real shame as she had gone to a lot of effort.
    Not loads planned for today, avoiding the shops is my No 1 priority, will freezer dive for something for supper!

Happy Anniversary for yesterday Dumpling and hope that Becky enjoys her birthday weekend.
    Get well wishes to TA and healing vibes to Snoozer and Holly.
    Crikey on the car costs Gers bet they that they wish had paid more attention now.

Happy Saturday folks x
  • Morning all, warmer here but damp and all looks a bit dull and dreary.
    Dumpling happy anniversary for yesterday and I hope you enjoy today with Becky.
    I have had a strangely poor night so am going to have a warm bath and then a little sleep.
    OH has been shopping, I have some washing to do but getting it dry is a bit of a challenge, still it will get done.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,755 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning all,

I hope you feel better soon TA and thanks for the carol tru. My advent calendar today (Cadbury) contained an unidentifiable Christmas lump. It's not my eyesight - the HT had a good look at it too and we're none the wiser.

We're going to an elf party today. My friend's son is dairy free and it's his party so I made cakes that he can eat. When his mum told him he can eat the cakes he was very excited. Due to yesterdays baking frenzy (I made tinks's hobnobs and soda bread as well) my leg is a bit sore today but I'll cope.

Dumpling I hope you all enjoy Becky's birthday weekend. I wish someone would come and put my tree up for me - I'm actually hoping that if I ask the right person nicely today they will come and help :)

Take care all of you
  • Morning ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

A late start for us today, we stayed up late watching TV, I woke just after 8am but OH was still snoring, it was 9,30 before he stirred. Just had breakfast, going to grapple with my machine, it decided to have a hissy fit yesterday and will not sew properly. I think it will be winging its way to Scotland on Monday for repair.

Dumpling I hope you have a good weekend with becky.

TA hope you feel better soon.

HH hope the Xray is ok.

Its quite a dull morning but a bit warmer than yesterday, we had bright sun until about 2pm then it started to go dark, so it was lights on.

No idea whats for supper tonight, possibly pot luck after a freezer dive.
  • Faith76
    Faith76 Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 December 2017 at 11:30AM
    Morning all,

Happy anniversary to Dumpling and hugs to those not feeling their best.

It’s a dreary day today but at least I don’t have to defrost the car, thankfully. Plans for today are going to get showered etc and take my 10 yr old dd to Shop to get some craft supplies.

Then this afternoon going to get my 4 and 10 year old to make some Christmas decorations, some for home but some for my youngest to hang in her school classroom.

Our tree went up last week. I know it was early but we needed cheering up as our bedroom flat roof has been dripping water. Hubby and I have been sleeping on the floor all week. We got it fixed at last but at a costly price of a 1k plus ouch.

Tonight we are having Thai green curry and rice with poppadoms, may see what there is at the shops as fancy samosas. Need to see if I can get a onesie for DH as a Xmas present.

Right got to get on. Enjoy your day.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all :wave:

TA hope you feel better soon x

Dumpling hope you have a lovely anniversary/birthday weekend with Becky home x

Tru I must admit to not being a fan of Christmas but thank you for your efforts x

Snoozer and HH hope your aches and pains subside soon x

Well I managed to fall asleep on the sofa last night I was absolutely exhausted. I was wrapped up in PJ's, big thick socks/slippers, big cosy dressing gown and a thick fleece blanket. I was cosy and warm and knew my bed would be cold so gave in to my eyes not wanting to stay open.

Unfortunately I woke at 2am so then spent a few hours surfing the net once I'd got in to bed. Luckily I did eventually go back to sleep for a few hours so feel vaguely human today.

No plans at all today and I am now on the sofa with a cup of coffee wearing the same ensemble I was wearing last night :D

Have a good day all and take care :) x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Tru thank you :)

Just written the Christmas cards while watching the cricket, just waiting for new addresses for 2 before they go in the post.

Will be selecting our tree tomorrow for collection next weekend. Not sure when DH is planning to trim up, but it will be before his birthday on 14th!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

happy anniversary for yesterday Dumpling and i hope you have a lovely birthday weekend with Becky.

TA hope your feeling better soon. Be kind to yourself.

Miserable day here, neither me or Grump got any sleep last night, he's only been working away a few days but both of us found it hard sleeping in the same bed last night. He woke up at 7, moaned and whined till 10.30 until i decided i'd had enough and got up to have a shower then he promptly went back to sleep. He's still asleep snoring his head off and i am having to force my eyes to stay open.

Supposed to be going food shopping this morning. It aint happened. The rate we are going, it aint going to happen this afternoon either.

Grumps out of town allowance was sorted yesterday. He has booked his digs until Christmas. Not sure what he is doing after that. The job goes on until February but his work mate is leaving at Christmas and Grump cant afford the digs on his own, presently they are sharing the expense.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all :wave:
    Had a rubbish sleep again last night, don't seem to be able to have two good nights in a row lately :(.
    This morning I have fed the Xmas cakes and fed the birds. I washed the bird feeder yesterday and filled it up this morning, watched by the birds who in turn were being watched by someones cat. Don't think it has a chance of catching anything though, it's too lazy ! I have also hoovered through downstairs.
    I'm trying to type this with Mr Fix It ranting in my ear about good TV programmes over Christmas, or rather the lack of :mad:.
    After lunch I have persuaded Mr Fix It to steam clean the kitchen floor, how come he will attempt anything, as long as he can use a gadget ? I on the other hand, will try to get all the Xmas presents down ready to wrap, especially the stuff for DD's hamper which I have to try to stuff it into it's basket :D.
    I did write my cards yesterday although I haven't enough postage stamps, I'm 3 short :(. I will have to buy some more next week and if it's not too cold tonight I will " post " the neighbours cards through their doors. I must put my bread flour in the freezer today too.
    Tea tonight will be BBQ pork steaks found in the freezer with ? , haven't decided yet.
    Hugs to all the poorlies TRU, Holly, TA, Snoozer and Cranky, I hope I haven't forgotten anyone but please take a hug or two if you need it. Sending healing thoughts.
    Hope all the sleepless get a decent sleep tonight , me included.
    Faith happy crafting !
    Dumpling belated Happy Anniversary and have a lovely time with Becky.
    Take care all.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi everyone and Happy birthday/Anniversary to all celebrating today .

50 years ago a very special person arrived in my life, my eldest DD Shelley, and she has been around ever since I saw her this morning for an hour or so before she went off to visit her pa-in-law our dear Frank in the hospice .She is such a nice caring person and I am so glad to be her Mum, along with her sister Tess.I have been so blessed with my two and I couln't imagine being without them.

I am just about to go up to Bluewater as I want to get a couple of bits for my two special DDs for Christmas there. I may treat myself to a mince pie and a cuppa in JL :):)

Hope everyone is having a great day

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills