PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 2 December 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 2 December 2017 at 7:08AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 2nd December 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH and myself up and enjoying first very early cuppas - tried to go back to sleep but couldn't so I'm now surfing on here.

Dinner last night was disjointed as DS1 texted me from work to say he was going out and would it possible to have an early dinner, DH had already said he was on a later finish due to a late job, so organised mine and the boys dinner for earlier, boys had chicken and ham kievs, chips and beans/veg, I defrosted some veggie curry and had that with rice, DH had his kievs etc when he came in, which wasn't as late as he thought. Tonight will just be pizzas, battered chicken portions, salad, curly fries/french fries, coleslaw/pasta salad.

This morning I will be heading into town to visit the bank and building society, I'll also be taking DH's watch in to the jewellers to see what they can do/recommend. DS2 will probably catch a lift too and go to the gym.

Yesterday I got myself into gear a bit more, and got both the xmas puds made, the ironing done after the food shop, so everything feels a bit more organised. This afternoon is likely to be chilled, but may visit the outlaws and my parents.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Becky came home yesterday for her birthday weekend, she is in very good spirits but has only had one hour of sleep so far. I am absolutely hanging but Steve has just got up and made us bacon sandwiches and a cuppa so I will be able to stay awake for a while longer. I'm not too worried as I will be able to catch up on some sleep later as we don't have anything on.

Steve and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary yesterday as well so we marked the occasion by putting up the Christmas tree and decorating the living room. It looks like Christmas now :D. I couldn't really get into the spirit of things whilst the uncertainty of whether Becky would be home hung over us but now I know she will definitely be here over Christmas I can start feeling festive.

I am knitting my third scarf, three more to go, I am also knitting a matching hat for Jemima and some more little Christmas fairy mice. I swear I need to grow a few more pair of arms for all the projects I have swirling in my brain.

Thank you nmlc for starting the thread, I hope you manage to get the watch repaired without too much trouble.

Right I am off to do some more knitting so I will put the twinkly lights on and find some rubbish to watch on tv.
    Hope you all have a great weekend whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone

Tru – pleased to see that you are continuing the carol tradition, I was really pleased when you posted it yesterday.

Dumpling – Happy anniversary for yesterday. Thinking of you all and I hope that the rest of the weekend with Becky home goes well xx.

It has warmed up a bit in this area now which is good. I don’t feel quite as cold as I had been.

I went for the x-ray yesterday and he just said that the result will be emailed to my GP later in the day, so I will phone the surgery for the result on Monday morning. Meanwhile I’m going to carry on resting it. I can’t walk on it anyhow and staying at home on a weekend this close to Christmas is very appealing.

I did manage to get a few sm ready meals on the way home yesterday so I don’t have to worry about standing and cooking. Some more stolen fell into my basket as well. I have discovered that the stolen freezes well even though it says ‘not suitable for freezing’ on the box. The quality wasn’t impaired at all.

I’m going to go and get myself some breakfast and another cup of tea now before this turns into a major waffle.

Hugs to everyone who is poorly at the moment and struggling.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    christmas_music_zpse1961ec4.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have yourself a merry little Christmas
    Let your heart be light
    From now on your troubles will be out of sight
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have yourself a merry little Christmas
    Make the Yuletide gay
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]From now on your troubles will be miles away :xmassmile[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    In my calendar – an elf :rudolf:

Morning :santa2: [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm glad Becky's home for her birthday [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]dumpling[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] xx Have a great weekend :D[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I feel a bit more human today, though I'd be very grateful if this cough would FRO :D I want to hoover the lounge and stairs today and clean the kitchen floor. Also go through Christmas things – I wanted to go to town this week plus order some things online but I haven't got any of that done and I need to catch up. I have a set way of doing things for Christmas and it's all gone wrong already, lol.[/FONT][/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Not quite as cold this morning thankfully. I was looking forward to having a lie in but I woke at 5.30 as usual.

The bed has been stripped and washed, another load ready for after I've had a shower. I've also wrapped some christmas presents that arrived during the week so not a wasted morning so far.

My neighbour and I are going to try another christmas fair this morning, a little more up-market so will hopefully sell some of our wares.

Happy anniversary dumpling and happy birthday to Becky.
    Keep resting that leg Holly.
    Glad your DM is on the mend Gers.
    Loving the carols again tru!

Have a good weekend, take care. XX
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Good morning all, and loving the carolsTru.
    I'm so pleased for you Dumpling, that Becky is home and in good spirits, hope you catch up on your sleep. Happy Anniversary.
    Hollyharvey, keep resting that knee. I slipped and fell, back in the summer, twisting my knee and ankle. Nothing was broken, but the pain and bruising was horrendous. I didn't rest it enough, which is why I still have twinges in my knee months later.

The snow has nearly gone here, and it's not as cold, think the forecast is much milder for the weekend. Some of the family will be here today to help decorate the tree, so everything is ready. The tree is up, just awaiting their arrival later this morning.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all.

Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.

Tru, thanks for the song.

We're still in bed, I can't believe that dgd is still asleep, but I'll stay under the covers until I hear her stirring.

I'm looking after my three year old twin grandchildren this afternoon it should be fun.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks. I am just popping on to throw in my sick note. I was AWOL yesterday as all day was spent comatose on the sofa. I didn't know if I was on this earth or Fuller's. Today I feel worse so it will be another sofa day swaddled in a fleece. I am not really sure what consumption is but I think I may have it!

Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 2 December 2017 at 8:52AM
    Options
    Morning everyone.

It’s great to see the daily Christmas treat, thanks tru. I’ve got a picture of Bing Crosby singing that though I’m not convinced it was him.

The Christmas market in George Square was a complete waste of time. Just a few huts with tat, the usual hot dog / bratwurst stall, some Dutch waffles and an Indian curry hut. There were a couple of other craft-like places but really uninspiring on the whole. Most disappointing.

DM had a shower yesterday, I’m beginning to think she enjoys the attention a little too much! Mind you, at her age I suppose that she’s entitled to it.

The repair estimate for my car has come in at just over £3.5k :eek:plus there will other costs for the other company such as car hire etc. Two seconds of not paying attention will cost the other driver dear.

Just got a couple of DM inspired chores to do today before I get home. She wants her bed changed, I works have done it during her shower yesterday but she wanted the linen that was in the washing machine from last time! It’s all dry now and ready to go on.

Dumpling - a celebration weekend! Congratulations to you and Steve and happy birthday to Becky.

Right, my day has to start now. I hope that everyone has a happy and peaceful Saturday.

EDIT - sorry to read you’re not well TA - time to look after yourself. Hot drinks and lots of rest. Hope you get better soon.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dumpling, happy anniversary and happy birthday to Becky.

Get well soon TA.

I had a fall yesterday on the ice. I was walking Ziggy and my feet went from under me. I landed on my left side but didn't do too much damage. The worst thing was landing on my elbow which jarred my dodgy shoulder so that will probably give me a few problems for a while.

We're planning to go up to the christmas fair at Kirkby Lonsdale today so we need to wrap up warmly as it looks miserable out there.

Yesterday was a day for adding to next year's diary. We booked seats at the Edinburgh tattoo - just need the accommodation now and DD booked tickets for the female half of the family to see Matthew Bourne's Cinderella at Sadler's Wells in January.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning all :wave:

So glad its the weekend :j woke up at the usual 6.20 but rolled over till 8 ...as I went to bed at 9.30 last night thats one mother of a sleep

Just catching up on the jungle now....how pathetic is Amir :D

TA sorry you are feeling grim time to look after yourself for a change
    Dumpling hope Becky has a lovely birthday weekend
    Holly keep resting that leg

So today I have my befriending call then I am nipping to James Martins house for some cooking on gas .....:D then I guess i will crack on with the weekend clean.

Dinner last night was steak and kidney pudding (or babies yed as it used to be called in my home town) with peas and mash....couldnt be bothered prepping veg so opened a tin of mushy peas instead ...ah the wonders of single cooking

Got a large chicken in my online shop which i want for a roast tomorrow but I bought a largeish one so that I could cook some Tikka Masala portions for mum and my freezer so think Ill cook it today then I can see how much I have to work with.. sometimes Asdas version of large is not mine. With a wing and a prayer then I will be on Tikka and nan tonight

Right party on then have a good day all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport