NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,865
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I've just been accepted for a select account. Was not offered an overdraft but that doesn't matter. I used a TSB classic account which has had a nil balance in it for quite a while - have just added a small amount to it.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,616
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Aargh, MSE just put this on the News column.

So, I have a Yorkshire Bank a/c which I'm waiting on paying the £250 bonus due somewhere between day 63 13th Jan and day 70 20th Jan, do folks reckon it would be safe to apply for the Natwest account and date the switch for on or after Monday 22nd Jan, or would that likely compromise the £250 payment.

I know I could open the Natwest a/c without switching, and switch after the £250 is paid, but worry that the switch offer will get pulled quickly when money floods in from former YB people like myself...
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ambassador
    Switching in Yorkshire, now my incentive has been paid this morning.

Thanks Natwest

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I am also switching in my B account. If banks are daft enough to have an offer like this then so be it.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,128
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    S_uk wrote: »
    Thank Badger09, yes I meant that as this is my main current account I already use I wouldn't want it changed in any way due to to switching another account to it. I assume during the switching process I can use my select account normally online, for payments etc?

Re the debit card number, I thought I would have to order a new debit card with Nationwide as on the Natwest page to switch, if you already have an account it says:

Was a debit card issued with this account?
    (Please note if you select 'No' and this is not the case your switch will be rejected)

I don't see your problem.

No debit card was issued with your Nationwide account, so you select 'No'

This is the case, so the bit in brackets doesn't apply.

I think you've misunderstood the bit in brackets;)
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If the switch is rejected, it doesnt matter as you can apply again with the correct details as existing customers still get the £150.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    harz99 wrote: »
    Aargh, MSE just put this on the News column.

So, I have a Yorkshire Bank a/c which I'm waiting on paying the £250 bonus due somewhere between day 63 13th Jan and day 70 20th Jan, do folks reckon it would be safe to apply for the Natwest account and date the switch for on or after Monday 22nd Jan, or would that likely compromise the £250 payment.

I know I could open the Natwest a/c without switching, and switch after the £250 is paid, but worry that the switch offer will get pulled quickly when money floods in from former YB people like myself...
    Get the account opened now would be my advice. You'll be able to pick a date up to 10/2 for the switch during the application. Alternatively, wait and switch in late February or early March.
  • badger09
    Forumite
    soulsaver wrote: »
    After an easy peasy success yesterday, I tried to open a Select Ac online last night for OH.

It didn't go through the same process as mine did in office hours... didn't have the digi ID check... didn't have the addy from post code - had to input it longhand... didn't get the full list of jobs drop down etc.

Most importantly didn't get email saying you've been accepted.

So had another go this am and it sailed through.. as mine did yesterday. So if you get issues late on, maybe leave it until their working hours 07:30 to 22:00 (think).

I suspect after 10pm some support is taken down...

I applied just after 17.00 yesterday. Mid morning today I got email asking me to upload photo ID. 1st time I've done it so no idea if its ok, but big green ticks on screen, & despite laptop telling me it was still uploading, got 2 emails thanking me for docs:cool:

What's next?
  • ToTo_Man
    ToTo_Man Posts: 126
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 11 January 2018 at 3:04PM
    At a cost of £2 per month, even without the switching bonus, the NW Reward account seems a good deal for those who have high monthly bills paid by DD as it offers 2% cashback on these. I've never switched my "main" current account that services the majority of my DD bills before, but am tempted to do so for this account. I've compared the NW Reward vs the Santander 123 Lite, and after paying the respective monthly fees the NW gives me £92 annual cashback vs £86 for the Santander Lite. Does anyone know how long the 2% cashback with NW on monthly DD bills is guaranteed for?
  • badger09
    Forumite
    I still have a drawer full of Natwest readers from my YB switching frenzy 3 years ago! :D

I've just found mine as I had a FRISA with them years ago. Must have known it would come in useful one day:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure