Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    hopefully getting the[STRIKE] prawns[/STRIKE] scampi in waitrose that foxy mentioned. £4.45 down to £1.60

now if sa permitting i will use my ood bg card and get them down to £1.15 a bag.
    only one sa i really need to avoid on ss as he mentioned to me about how long i have left on the card. (still in date then) bet it goes wrong today and i get a deserved trouting. :o
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 December 2017 at 12:11PM
    Spent 65p in Co op on frozen (after moc) and got new moc 50p off salad.

I agree sweeteners are potentially evil, it's my one issue with Muller and the reason why I got corners on further shops even though the apg was not quite as good. And I think they taste awful and leave an aftertaste too.

Someone I used to know was on 2 sweeteners in every hot drink plus powdered stuff on cereal, and consuming lots of diet cokes and sodas etc etc for absolutely years. It never took any fat off her though. Then one day in 2005 she decided to cut them out after we both researched them. She became quite ill as if she'd gone into a massive withdrawal situation, and she felt unwell for a few months till it cleared out of her system. Obviously it is an individual case and no two people are the same.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    usual 3 at the top :D with a surprising surge from marmite. :p

1 bubbs 729
    2 TrulyMadly 343
    3 davemorton 338
    4 marmitelovemehateme 316
    5 mhoc 299
    6 Savvybuyer 296
    7 emerald21 235
    8 Serendipitious 197
    9 Anon 190
    10 Snap-ant 186
    11Enterprise 1701C 185
    12 curl girl 166
    13 3Dogs 155
    14 pippo 144
    15 Picasso7 136
    16 gocat 134
    17 braveheart60uk 126
    18 tweets 123
    19 Sunshinemummy 121
    20 Sarahdol75 112
    21 hampydoodums 109
    22 zippydooda 107
    23 michaels 96
    24 Claire1972 93
    25 mrsmac10 92
    Tinyshoes 90
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    zippydooda wrote: »
    :eek::eek: i did not think for one minute, you would throw litter on the floor. you do surprise me tweets
    Be better to put them in the recycling bin :D
  • marmitelovemehateme
    marmitelovemehateme Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 December 2017 at 12:33PM
    The December full moon will approach the planet tonight for the very first and unfortunately last supermoon event of the year. (Or is it)

The spectacular rare sighting will see the full moon swell up to 14 per cent in size and grow brighter by as much as 30 per cent.

Nasa teased: "The weekends Full Moon is the Frost Moon, the Cold Moon, the Long Night Moon, or the Moon before Yule. In the Southern Hemisphere, it's getting warmer, so happy Strawberry Moon. And oh yeah, did we mention it's a Supermoon?"

The supermoon will rise in the Sunday dark afternoon hours over Manchester, kicking off around 4:30 making its path spectacularly across the night sky, before it will be seen bursting into a phenonemon known as the Blue Moon. Thousands are expected to see this last amazing event of the year. But, some people in Manchester will be seen with sad faces after this event is over....There will be other opportunities to witness this again as the next rising of this super blue moon can be seen in April of 2018 :rotfl:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • zippydooda wrote: »
    usual 3 at the top :D with a surprising surge from marmite. :p

1 bubbs 729
    2 TrulyMadly 343
    3 davemorton 338
    4 marmitelovemehateme 316
    5 mhoc 299
    6 Savvybuyer 296
    7 emerald21 235
    8 Serendipitious 197
    9 Anon 190
    10 Snap-ant 186
    11Enterprise 1701C 185
    12 curl girl 166
    13 3Dogs 155
    14 pippo 144
    15 Picasso7 136
    16 gocat 134
    17 braveheart60uk 126
    18 tweets 123
    19 Sunshinemummy 121
    20 Sarahdol75 112
    21 hampydoodums 109
    22 zippydooda 107
    23 michaels 96
    24 Claire1972 93
    25 mrsmac10 92
    Tinyshoes 90

4th.....:o...I have had a lot to say lately....:rotfl:

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 December 2017 at 12:44PM
    Morning luvlies, re the Freddos, bought one in a shop last night as a filler and it DID appear on APG. Not price flashed, BC is 9945. Description on APG is

1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g)

There was definitely someone reporting earlier that they bought a freddo bar and it didn't appear on the comp.
    Claire1972 wrote: »
    1x Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) £0.25 £0.26
    3x Dove Men+Care Ultimate Care Gift Set with Shower Tool (each) £24.00 £9.75
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.09
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) £0.25 £0.26
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £0.35 £0.30
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each) £0.50 £0.45
    1x ASDA 100% Pure Orange Juice Smooth Cartons (3x200) £0.69 £0.80
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Iceberg Lettuce (each) £0.49 £0.48

Bought the fudge as the trigger but also the caramel fredo I bought is missing

Ah, but that says it is "the caramel fredo", assuming there is one of those and not two or more (if there are two or more, it should be "a" caramel freddo and not "the" caramel freddo, but I am picking on a tiny word again:rotfl:. People generally aren't usually exact about words, but when we are determining which version of a product to buy and either do or don't want an appearance on the comp., we need to ensure we are specific over which one we are buying that is the correct one for the result we wish to achieve).

The version of Caramel Freddo, if indeed it was a Caramel Freddo as reported and I don't doubt that that was correct, that was bought on the above shop, if it is in the 5 for £1 offer instore, then it was a trigger and, if it was not on the mbuy but led to paying full prices, then it does not, strictly speaking, trigger anything and in my view was therefore not a trigger even though, for simplicity's sake, many people may call it one. For our purposes, since we get 5 for £1 either on the original bill or vs CS, both situations may be called a trigger.

It seems to me that, if it was correctly reported as a Caramel Freddo, the item that was bought was this one:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-dairy-milk-freddo-caramel-chocolate-bar/910001946252

That is not however this item, which is also marked as "Unavailable" on the website:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-freddo-chocolate-bar/910001452012

That is different from the product bought last night, which did appear. This isn't BC ending 9945. As well as a Caramel Freddo that doesn't appear, bought by Claire1972, which I suspect is 19.5g, there may also be a Caramel Freddo 19.5g which it seems may also not appear:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-dairy-milk-freddo-caramel-chocolate-bar/910003083870

See, it is a different one, that although it has an identical description, has 30p flashed on the wrapper in the picture. This suggests that, like my Cadbury Buttons 14.4g early today, that were charged at 30p individual price (the SEL said 25p and Any 5 for £1), there may also be a version of Caramel Freddo that would, in overcharge terms, be even worse - costing 30p each and, if it follows the Buttons, also not getting the mbuy instore whereas the 25p individual price version may be on the mbuy instore but a no appear since it is "Unavailable" as well on a.com.

As regards 18g Freddos, if you want a no appear, you need to be buying Cadbury Freddo Chocolate Bar rather than Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar. 9945 is the latter. I was going to say that perhaps the price flashed versions are the invisible products - if they are each 30p items that aren't picking up the mbuy instore then they are the technical non-triggers that people think are triggers - however there is a version of Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Caramel Chocolate Bar 19.5g that appears to be 25p individual price and which is on the mbuy instore and which it seems is properly an invisible trigger as it is "Unavailable" online.

To summarise the non-appearers, there is a Cadbury Chomp 23.5g which is price flashed at 30p and a Cadbury Chomp 23.5g which is unflashed, one of which doesn't pick up the mbuy instore and the other of which does, but both fail to appear, and we have possibly two versions of Cadbury Buttons 14.4g (there aren't any versions of Cadbury Buttons 14.4g that I can find online in the offer although there is one version on there that says unavailable and there is perhaps another version as well which doesn't even appear on the website at all so, if that exists, will also be a no-appear), plus two versions of Caramel Freddo that don't appear (each of them, as separate products with the same description on a.com, says "Unavailable") and one version of 18g Freddo that may also be a non-appear and which is not the one that was bought last night.

Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g), bought on Claire1972's shop, wasn't a trigger as it did appear but there was a further item bought that might have been thought to have been in the 5 for £1 (whether or not that actually turned out to be the case) that didn't appear besides what was called "the caramel fredo". It may be that two Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bars 25.5g were bought, but there were different versions of that product, on different BCs, one of which has appeared and the other did not. So you think you are buying two times Cadbury Fudge; however you may be buying one Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) and one Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) which, as you can see, are totally different from each other:rotfl:. Easy enough to get them mixed up I suppose:rotfl::rotfl:. I bet one significant difference is that Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) appears on the APG but Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) does not.
  • Sparks £5 off women's jumpers and cardigans

Cheapest item £12.50
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

Clear blue skies and sunny here - is it really Christmas this month?

Haven't put any decorations up yet - nor received a Christmas Card.

Thinking of you all :love:
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

Clear blue skies and sunny here - is it really Christmas this month?

Haven't put any decorations up yet - nor received a Christmas Card.

Thinking of you all :love:

Well JTS....Let me be the first to send you a card....Wishing you a Xmas filled with as much joy and happiness for this festive season...May 2018 be your year..

2zozwxj.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure