IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice please regarding parking charge notice issued by Care parking at Stretford tram station

Comments

• Lounesbo
    Lounesbo Posts: 53 Forumite
    So that means bylaws apply. (Thought that was effectively covered in landowner section but clearly not.) Could mention the obstruction query if bylaws apply though.
    Do not know the killer point you refer to Umkomaas
    Left it too late- take responsibility for that.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 July 2018 at 11:31AM
    Lounesbo wrote: »
    So that means bylaws apply. (Thought that was effectively covered in landowner section but clearly not.) Could mention the obstruction query if bylaws apply though.
    Do not know the killer point you refer to Umkomaas
    Left it too late- take responsibility for that.

No, it means they might but you will need to find out for yourself to confirm whether they do or don't apply.

The killer point would be that if byelaws apply, then it is not relevant land and therefore the keeper cannot be held liable.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    It means the land is under statutory control though if 'TFGM' are like TFL?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lounesbo
    Morning all
    Appeal submitted just after midnight.
    Bylaws were not mentioned on this occasional so stuck to the four main points as in the draft above with signage embedded with photos and more information. Guilty of not enough time to research.

The one point where there was a dilemma was the category for Popla appeal and I did not feel able to pester the group any longer so plumped for the category about Not having parked incorrectly, although of course 4 pointers were included in appeal. The was an other category but reference was made to this category being less unsuccessful for appeals? I will just have to hope for the best.
    I want to thank everyone so much for kind help. I am also going to do something about these cowboys regardless of the appeal result given how much stress it has caused.
    Upon visiting the site for further photos yesterday 2 cars were parked where the alleged driver offence was said to have happened and I suspect that this happens daily raking in funds for this sad outfit.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    It means the land is under statutory control though if 'TFGM' are like TFL?
    fisherjim wrote: »
    They seem to be a public body if they are responding to FOI requests.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    They seem to be a public body if they are responding to FOI requests.

Indeed:

https://www.tfgm.com/about-tfgm
  • Lounesbo
    What is the implication of TFGM being a public body?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lounesbo wrote: »
    The one point where there was a dilemma was the category for Popla appeal and I did not feel able to pester the group any longer so plumped for the category about Not having parked incorrectly, although of course 4 pointers were included in appeal. The was an other category but reference was made to this category being less unsuccessful for appeals?

So you didn't read this in post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread:
    These then get saved as PDFs and uploaded to POPLA under OTHER (ONLY)
    Of course PoPLA try to direct people towards a category that is more likely to incriminate them. It's the nature of the game.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    fisherjim wrote: »
    Things appear to have moved on since 2013 as this 2018 FOIA request states:
    "Care Parking/Anchor Security Limited is no longer a contractor of TfGM. The contract for Metrolink car park enforcement has been entered into between the Metrolink Operator, Keolis Amey Metrolink Limited (KAM) and a sub- contracted third party (i.e. Care Parking/Anchor Security Limited)."

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/454873/response/1106354/attach/html/3/180202%20Response%20letter%202018%200002.pdf.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure