PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• Oh dear!
    5 Weekend is far too short. Did I miss yesterday? No, I still had snorkers, best back, mushrooms, SpagYETTI and they were SpagYETTI Hoops as well! Buttered toast and poached egg! No change then in the new year.

4 Watched the Grand Tour. I'm just waiting for those who have not watched it to remark! No change there,

3 Proper food for tes this evening. Smoked, from Grimsby (PM2DD Were Doomed!), tuget prawns and tyhe first of the 99P salmon as Kegderee! Yous no see that in Jim Boys book either! No change there then.

2 Well last night watched anotehr Colin Quin of FlicksNet. Yarn! Good one!

In days of Old it was the Barman who settled the argument, now it just continues of the goooogle net!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm now craving Stilton and walnut scones, MrsSD!!!

1. NSD

2. Have blitzed most of the study and took 3 bags of paper and 2 bags of non-recyclable rubbish to the tip!

3. £22.48 will soon be coming my way after selling a load of books that were just gathering dust.

4. DD's netball match was a fab start to the new year - they won 27-3!

5. Can see I've made a dent in my decluttering (just!)
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,028 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Enjoy the holidays & and Vjsmum, looking forward to reading about your adventures.

Mculloch, I found Terry Prachett last year, almost literally, a book stall decided it was shutting down and left its stock at a steam fair, it seemed sacrilege, so I picked up what I could carry, things where I knew people would be interested and also picked up The colour of Magic, the Wee Free men, and Mort which is my favourite so far, and I’m currently reading Sorcery, so a whole world literally lies ahead. Thank you for the recommendation I look forward to reading it.

I discovered Down with Skool a few days ago in my dad’s things, it was a gift to him in 1955 on his 21st birthday from his brother. I’ve started reading it, and researched it came from the creator of St Trinians, Molesworth I’m sure will be next but I’d like to “find” it e.g. in a 2nd hand shop. I know I can pick it up on Amazon, but there’s something about finding it.

LaineyT: I have a book here by James Herbert I haven’t read as he died soon after so it’s his last book, I know it’s daft, but I haven’t read it yet.

1 I kind of slept very deeply.
    2 Watched the Borrowers, and Practical Magic, very girlie and lovely and very lazy.
    3 Did a couple of loads of washing, and hoovered the upstairs to be able to put the clean rugs down.
    4 Blitzed almost anything left in the fridge veg, pots rice, gravy etc all went into a soup which was snaffled immediately. I also meal planned based on not being here for the next 4 days as house clearing, managing to eat healthy and quick with pre-cooked brown rice
    5 Animal bedding changed throughout the house, the animal paws trimmed, ears done and flea treated, bribed with treats.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    1. DD's friend had her birthday party at a fancy 5* hotel they own, so we went and nattered. They served afternoon tea and champagne but we resisted as nothing was vegan and we're doing dry Jan. But lovely to have a natter, and DD enjoyed the disco, hair salon and choc fountain :)

2. We are doing the January Cure, and as part of it we did all the floors today and wiped down all the skirting boards, doors, wooden panelling and surfaces. Feel much, much better. Also changed sheets, did laundry, cleaned kitchen and bathroom. DH cleared out the shed too! The house is looking very clutter free and calm, and I am enjoying one of this weekend's missions, which was to buy some flowers. We chose white spray carnations and they're staring at me from atop the G Plan nest (a freebie!) in the living room.

3. Food: Dinner was HM sweet potato fries, broccoli, veggie sausages, followed by clementine and coconut yoghurt. Lunch was lentil and aubergine curry. A lovely food day and plenty for tomorrow. Have also weighed out our oats for work tomorrow morning.

4. Woodburner on and I have a couple of hours to catch up on work before Monday hits me with a sledgehammer.

5. Family happy, safe and warm!
  • Kittikins wrote: »
    I'm now craving Stilton and walnut scones, MrsSD!!!

Kittikins,
    Hope this helps - the recipe came from the internet - deliciousmagazine.

Mrs SD:)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,194 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 January 2018 at 9:02PM
    Waiting on DD2 getting in and then I will be going to bed.

Gosh! Slept through most of the night ( apart from walking when DD1 was screaming in her sleep, as she does!)Woke at 8am which is very late for me!

Little person came dog walking with us this morning. Very cold and frosty and crunchy. Better to walk on than slippy mud.

She got picked up around midday. I'd forgotten I was supposed to meet up with a friend after church but she was thankfully okay about it and rearranged for next week.

Nipped to tesco as DD2 needed cash out. Needed loo roll and also RTC tulips!

Went a walk with DD1 and ended up at friends for a couple,of hours and had a good blether.

Decided ( lazily as it was just the two of us for tea) to go to chippie. Nipped back in to tesco and got lots of RTC bread, croissants and wraps. The freezer is crammed full. I really do not need to go to a supermarket thus week. Can I be strong and resist?

Just going out a final dog walk!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Greetings

Hugs PK, such a hard time. I do not have a house to clear (at least yet), for which I am grateful

Pleasures for today

1 I'd gone to sleep before 9 so waking up at 5.45 wasn't as bad as it might be. Going to try to stay up for a bit longer yet
    2. Went to Santa Cruz, the islands capital, where it is five degrees warmer than where we are staying (which is halfway up a mountain) and had yummy croissant and coffee sitting in the sun
    3. Found a supermarket that was open and stocked up
    4. Walked round the town for a bit and had an extra coffee before coming back to house for lunch on the terrace. Decided to spend the afternoon here so intermittently read, dozed, sunbathed and dodged the odd shower
    5. OH cooked yummy pork steaks for tea and now we just chilling and reading and listening to music. Going to do some exploring tomorrow

Have a good evening all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • MandM90 wrote: »
    1. DD's friend had her birthday party at a fancy 5* hotel they own, so we went and nattered. They served afternoon tea and champagne but we resisted as nothing was vegan and we're doing dry Jan. But lovely to have a natter, and DD enjoyed the disco, hair salon and choc fountain :)

2. We are doing the January Cure, and as part of it we did all the floors today and wiped down all the skirting boards, doors, wooden panelling and surfaces. Feel much, much better. Also changed sheets, did laundry, cleaned kitchen and bathroom. DH cleared out the shed too! The house is looking very clutter free and calm, and I am enjoying one of this weekend's missions, which was to buy some flowers. We chose white spray carnations and they're staring at me from atop the G Plan nest (a freebie!) in the living room.

3. Food: Dinner was HM sweet potato fries, broccoli, veggie sausages, followed by clementine and coconut yoghurt. Lunch was lentil and aubergine curry. A lovely food day and plenty for tomorrow. Have also weighed out our oats for work tomorrow morning.

4. Woodburner on and I have a couple of hours to catch up on work before Monday hits me with a sledgehammer.

5. Family happy, safe and warm!

MandM90,,
    Love no.5!

For me

1. Another 3” pile of old paperwork shredded.

2. Finished the hm soup & hm scones - nom nom nom.

3. My DH received a lovely message from my brother. (He lives in Germany with his wife & two sons and during our visit in July ‘17 he mentioned that he was unable to source an old fashioned four egg ‘egg poacher’. Just before XMas, I remembered that conversation & found one in MrA. Duly posted & received by DB a couple of weeks before XMas.). Well, back to the lovely message - apparently the elder of my 2 nephews has fallen in love with poached eggs as has my DSisil - poached eggs for breakfast for a week - the chickens cannot lay fast enough! My DB is finding it hard to get a look in! I love the idea that such a simple gift can give so much pleasure.:j

4. DSis phoned me from France - saved my phone bill.

5. Watching the new series of Vera.

P.s. BoP, was it you who wrote “never eat pears”? If yes, I get it now as I was clearing planner programmes yesterday!

Have a good night one & all

Mrs SD:)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • * 10 week’s post foot surgery. Two more weeks in this medical boot (rank smelling by now but sprayed
    liberally and often with Lysol)
    Then 4 weeks to transition from boot to tennis shoe. (No wonder I put this off for so long)
    Then I get to begin physical therapy.
    I’m tired but pleased with my progress and so is the surgeon. The pleasure is I drove to this appt by myself for a grand total of 7 hrs round trip. It was soooooo great to have a bit of control back.

* We are going to the city tomorrow and will see Quoye. :j
    DH is having an impinged nerve (forearm) released plus carpal tunnel surgery on Tuesday. We come back home Wednesday.

* Finally feeling better after two bouts with the flu. :T I love the medicinal qualities of chicken noodle soup. :kiss:

* My orchid is blooming for a second time this year with twice as many blooms. It’s way of saying thank you for my Finally repotting it.;)

* New glasses. [STRIKE]Cheap,[/STRIKE] inexpensive and comfortable!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Scone recipe saved to Pinterest, thank you MrsSD x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts