Fischer Storage Heaters

Options

Comments

• tellsid
    tellsid Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2014 at 4:14PM
    Options
    And a salesman thrown in. And he is not tested for the amount of hot air that comes out.
  • Truthful1
    Truthful1 Posts: 78 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2014 at 5:09PM
    Options
    From point of first contact, an efficient company, who did what they said they were going to do. I didn't have to chase them once, and from start to finish a quick and efficient service was given. Staff helpful and pleasant. All round quick and excellent service, and I will recommend them. It's summer so I haven't used my radiator yet.....but it was well installed and it looks good...let's hope it works, and is economical to run as I have been assured it will be!

From the Fischer Website

....let's hope it works, and is economical to run as I have been assured it will be!
  • Truthful1
    edited 10 October 2014 at 5:11PM
    Options
    The whole experience with Fischer was an easy and stress free one. The two salesmen were pleasant and not at all high pressure. The installation was made by two super fitters who made next to no mess and where a pleasure to have in my home.
    As a 95 year old i feel the cold but after an initial settling in period, (For me) i have found them to be far better than my old units.
    As to their economy, well it s to soon to tell.
    Conclusions: That they are a good company with a good product at a fair price.

From the Fischer website

'As to their economy, well it s to soon to tell.'
  • Truthful1
    edited 10 October 2014 at 5:12PM
    Options
    The installers were fast, efficient and cleaned up very thoroughly after they had finished. They gave clear instructions in the programming of the thermostat control.

The installation was only tried for one night at this holiday home, but the controls seemed to work as they should in-as-far as they could be assessed on this short time-scale; their longer term performance will be better known when they are in use in cooler weather when we are in residence for a longer period of time. meantime, they look good!

From the Fischer website

'their longer term performance will be better known when they are in use'
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gosh, sounds like a spammer...
  • Truthful1
    Options
    Gosh, sounds like a spammer...

LOL..No one has used the heaters....but they look good.
  • tellsid
    tellsid Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Truthful1 wrote: »
    The installers were fast, efficient and cleaned up very thoroughly after they had finished. They gave clear instructions in the programming of the thermostat control.

The installation was only tried for one night at this holiday home, but the controls seemed to work as they should in-as-far as they could be assessed on this short time-scale; their longer term performance will be better known when they are in use in cooler weather when we are in residence for a longer period of time. meantime, they look good!

Do you think these testimonial are true or false
  • Truthful1
    Options
    tellsid wrote: »
    Do you think these testimonial are true or false

It is irrelevant, since they say nothing in relation to any of the claims made by the company.
  • Truthful1
    edited 13 October 2014 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Fischer even call back to close the sale when told unequivocally no. Awkward.
  • Truthful1
    Options
    Should we change our electric storage heaters to save money?
    Jeff Howell answers your home maintenance questions.
    A LOAD OF HOT AIR
    Q We are in our seventies and increasingly concerned about the running costs of our off-peak electric storage heaters in our two-bedroom bungalow. We appreciate that gas may be cheaper to run, but at our age we are trying to avoid the upheaval of installing a gas central heating system.
    We have read of a new German-engineered electrical heating system with a clay core, which is easy to install and runs off 13 amp sockets, which they claim can save 30-40 per cent in the first year alone against the old storage heating system. What are your thoughts?
    JA, Glasgow
    A Clay-cored electric heaters are not a “new system”, and advertising used to market them is frequently misleading. All electrical resistance heaters cost exactly the same to run, because 100 per cent of the electrical power is converted into heat. Any claim that these radiators use 30- 40 per cent less electricity to heat a room cannot be true.
    A theme common to many of the adverts is that the heaters run for only 15-20 minutes per hour, thus somehow saving electricity. But any thermostat-controlled heater will turn itself off periodically to maintain a constant room temperature. You will get exactly the same heating effect, and exactly the same-sized electricity bill, using convector heaters or oil-filled radiators costing £20 from Argos. There is no need to give thousands of pounds to any of the dozens of firms who have sprung up importing these clay-cored heaters.
    In your own case, you would find your bills skyrocketing, because you would be using expensive day-rate electricity, rather than cheap off-peak electricity.
    Your heating system is the cheapest you could get. Town gas is practically the same cost per unit as off-peak electricity, but incurs thousands of pounds’ outlay for installation and upkeep. If I were you, I would stick with your existing storage heaters.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback