PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• DSis has seen the doctor for her registration appointment :T She wants to sort out all DSis’s various niggles etc. DSis has to go for a blood test tomorrow & fill in forms re appointments for cardiology & respiratory depts. The reason it is a pleasure for me is that my DSis is notoriously bad at seeing the doctor when she has problems :mad:

Dry day, mostly warm & did see some blue skies :)

Three butterflies in the garden :j

DH phoned - he is enjoying his Round Britain Rallying - as he doesn’t have my DSis pestering him to ‘help’ her with tasks :rotfl:

Saw a single ring-necked parakeet - they have been noticeable by their absence the last two weeks :(

Herby breaded cod, boiled new potatoes & petit pois for dinner - yummy

Reading your posts

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,147 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Quick pleasures for today - have been felled by the most ridiculous and severe sinusitis since Sunday.

1) A lie in.

2) Hens OK. Better for them in that there had been a few drops of rain (!) overnight and it was a little bit cooler.

3) Bigger son went out for the day then worked at his hotel job.

4) Smaller son in perpetual melt down over it being the end of term, his timetable changing and having to spend all day in PE kit as it is sports day - despite not being down to take part in a single event. So we went off on a jolly, to the property he is to study for his history GCSE (paper 3 is now an extended question on whatever historic property your school chooses). Had a nice scone and he enjoyed the audio guides, the videos, the lovely countryside and the moat. I had forgotten his fear of mannequins in historic houses (though who likes them!) so had to go in each room first and we couldn't look in any priest holes in case a "priest" was looking back out at us. Bought the guidebook too.

5) Bigger son got an unexpected email. He applied for 2 apprenticeships a while back (months ago) and has an interview on Monday as he has been recommended to a 3rd company!

6) My friend looked out of her window at work and had the misfortune of seeing the Orange Fart get out of a plane or helicopter! Have loved the protest posters online today.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Good Morning,

Orange Fart..... :rotfl:

1. Cracking on with major task at work.

2. New office is nice, but will be even more isolated. :(

3. Sorted problems for 2 students.

4. Doggy has an itch. (She has sensitive skin). She has rubbed a bald patch on her bottom, by constantly rolling on her back. Tried human anti itch cream (£5), which has calmed it down. Visit to the vets would have been 10 times that :eek: Hoping it does not have any side effects for dogs.

5. Woke up too early, but listening to the Dawn Chorus.

Have a lovely day :)
  • Frith wrote: »
    Quick pleasures for today - have been felled by the most ridiculous and severe sinusitis since Sunday.
    I read 'sinusitis' as 'insults' at first! Sinusitis is horrible, hope you feel better now

1) A lie in.

2) Hens OK. Better for them in that there had been a few drops of rain (!) overnight and it was a little bit cooler.

3) Bigger son went out for the day then worked at his hotel job.

4) Smaller son in perpetual melt down over it being the end of term, his timetable changing and having to spend all day in PE kit as it is sports day - despite not being down to take part in a single event. So we went off on a jolly, to the property he is to study for his history GCSE (paper 3 is now an extended question on whatever historic property your school chooses). Had a nice scone and he enjoyed the audio guides, the videos, the lovely countryside and the moat. I had forgotten his fear of mannequins in historic houses (though who likes them!) so had to go in each room first and we couldn't look in any priest holes in case a "priest" was looking back out at us. Bought the guidebook too.
    That doesn't sound right! Not helpful for stresses

5) Bigger son got an unexpected email. He applied for 2 apprenticeships a while back (months ago) and has an interview on Monday as he has been recommended to a 3rd company!

6) My friend looked out of her window at work and had the misfortune of seeing the Orange Fart get out of a plane or helicopter! Have loved the protest posters online today.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Love it! Just wish the Orange Fart would keep his mouth shut and stop interfering when things are bad enough anyway!!
  • My 5 pleasures:

First day of the summer we've decided to take a day off and head for the beach - what impeccable timing :rotfl:, oh well takes me back to childhood holidays when the weather broke on the day we set off :rotfl:

Still looking forward to a day away

Eggs chips and beans for tea last night - easy and perfect

Watched Keeping Faith last night, never heard of it and just came on and I really enjoyed it - nice to see Gwen from Torchwood again too :)

Andy Murray commentating the Nadal - Del Potro match
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Glad to hear that you are feeling slightly better Frith and yay on the apprenticeship news.

Thursday pleasures,

Looks like the hedge sparrows have had another brood if all the feeding going on in the garden is anything to go by, spent a long time standing at kitchen window watching parents trying to teach fledglings how to drink from water feature.

More flowers, this time cream stocks, in my DM’s tree of life jug, I talk to her in my head every day.

Picked up some aubergine and feta burgers rtc from the emporium, they were surprisingly good.

New approach with horse girlie and she responded in a chilled out way, valerian calmer also purchased.

Watched the latest Mortimer and Whitehouse fishing prog, the Wensum looked gorgeous.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    DD is back from conference :-)
    1) went first class as first class ticket cheaper than 2nd. was bliss. 3 hours' work done, free supper. what's not to like?
    2) pleasant walk to budget hotel - 28 minutes, hotel clean and comfortable, but internet not brilliant hence not updating to mse
    3) no breakfast at hotel (£31 a night, i'm not complaining) so scone and tea at conference in gateshead (but my did we have problems getting there. google maps kept wanting me to walk along roads with no footpaths - eventually got there 20 minutes longer than google maps suggested after a few diversions - was not the only one!)
    4) came back last night with colleague. trains were delayed so we actually got the one before which came in 10 minutes after the train we should have got. was a little worried it might not count as out of rush hour but ticket fine (2nd class this time).
    5) her husband was picking her up so i got a lift :-) OMG rain in Dundee. believe me we need it!
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Greetings from an overcast ICT

Commiserations on the sinusitis, Frith - I literally feel your pain. I have been taking antihistamines which have helped - along with beconase. Good news re apprenticeship and the trip with younger DS sounds most sensible.. Was it Baddesley Clinton?

pleasures for yesterday

1. Yoga - lots of leg stretches which was good after all my walking
    2. avo toast for lunch - yummy. Weird ICT freezer tea - but with jersey royals which are my faves
    3. Reasonable train trip except for an annoying child, that in the end i had to move away from. But got work done
    4. a night in ICT alone - i like to have that every so often, OH is coming today
    5. DS gave me a lift to the station

Have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • V Yes, we are back on V again! Is Friday that means out early and wine for BoPsie! Wobbleade will be purchased!

4 Nipped into emporium on way to the mill. party rings bought for the stokers. We’re ringing the changes! This is what happens when you are successful in keeping the furnaces fired!

3 Section 2 below gives you an accurate assessment on the BoPiness for today. Other items included in the missive are true as well.

2 Nite BoP will not be on the Big Warster train as he was well sated on the thing on Tuesday night! Instead a flix of net has been my listed and BoP will be curled up, like his lip, with BoPsie. More details later! Nearly forgets, we shavings snorker dog roulette tonight! Usual fridge bitsers and snorker dogs. Bin one of them weaks!

Not having one today! Just havings Snorker Dog Roulette instead. Bees rites tasty eh!

I see the blimp cannot get enough hot air to float away disgracefully!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Walk to bus and met a couple of people and had quick chat with each of them.

2. Remembered my jumper as where I work on Thursday's is air conditioned and I was cold last week. I enjoy working with the person I worked with.

3. Met an old neighbour and his daughter and had a catch up.

4. DS2 girlfriend stayed and I showed her photo albums. It was good looking through them all again.

5. Had tea in the garden and we stayed out there talking till late. A very relaxed evening.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback