IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCBL: Notice of Debt Recovery

Around a year ago I received a car parking ticket from a private company for overstaying in a supermarket car park.

I have been ignoring the letters that have been coming through the post as the cost of the fine kept on rising. I have now received a letter from DCBL which reads:

"Your overdue amount of £185 due to vehicle control services Ltd in relation to County Court judgement number _______ has now been passed to DCBL to recover the debt on their behalf. A further £75 +VAT administration and recovery fee has now been accrued therefore the total amount now due is £275.

To ensure no further action will take place please make immediate payment by one of the following methods: phone our 24-hour payment line using reference number ______ or by postal order/cheque

Failure to address within 14 days of the date of this letter will result in your case is being reviewed for legal recovery and such costs being added to the debt for recovery"

P.S Before this letter i did receive a letter which appeared to be from a county court warning me to pay

Do you have any advice on how to act on this? i am becoming increasingly concerned with the threats that keep escalating from overstaying in a car park for a matter of minutes!! :( Any advice at all is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,717
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Hi,

We move posts if we think they will get more help elsewhere.

Your post has been moved to the appropriate forum.

Thanks
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    JPoultz wrote: »
    Around a year ago I received a car parking ticket from a private company for overstaying in a supermarket car park.

I have been ignoring the letters that have been coming through the post as the cost of the fine kept on rising. I have now received a letter from DCBL which reads:

"Your overdue amount of £185 due to vehicle control services Ltd in relation to County Court judgement number _______ has now been passed to DCBL to recover the debt on their behalf. A further £75 +VAT administration and recovery fee has now been accrued therefore the total amount now due is £275.

To ensure no further action will take place please make immediate payment by one of the following methods: phone our 24-hour payment line using reference number ______ or by postal order/cheque

Failure to address within 14 days of the date of this letter will result in your case is being reviewed for legal recovery and such costs being added to the debt for recovery"

P.S Before this letter i did receive a letter which appeared to be from a county court warning me to pay

Do you have any advice on how to act on this? i am becoming increasingly concerned with the threats that keep escalating from overstaying in a car park for a matter of minutes!! :( Any advice at all is greatly appreciated!

What EXACTLY have you had? This sounds like you've been taken to court and had a default judgment made against you.

It also sounds like you are about to appear in an episode of "Can't pay".
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    as I mentioned to the op previously £185 seems low for a county court claim

tv only happens £600 + , and as its "tv" and fixed , you get a £500 appearance fee , yup that bit is true
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Hi,

We move posts if we think they will get more help elsewhere.

Your post has been moved to the appropriate forum.

Thanks

Thankyou sourcrates; we can assist this poster with what is in fact, a scam 'debt' quite unlike a normal one. Unfortunately it sounds like a CCJ to set aside (which as you know is easier v a parking firm, than against a 'real' creditor).

Or maybe DCBL have sent the wrong letter, which has been known.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    The judgement creditor doesn't look to have got an enforcement order (the wording of the letter is that may follow - though what was the letter you got from court "warning" you to pay??)

If there has not been an enforcement order, this can be ignored, but bear in mind the creditor can take enforcement proceedings at any time (all at your expense) - eg bailiffs/attachment of earnings etc.

So if you intend to fight this by way of a set aside application you need to get on with it - a set aside must be done quickly once you are aware of the CCJ against you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    He can check if he has an actual CCJ using Trust Online, as a first step.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • JPoultz
    JPoultz Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi Guys

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have been in contact with the county court that issued the CCJ - whom confirmed this is a legit case and a CCJ is now by my name. The county court also advised that I responded to the bailiffs immediately as the fine was about to rise AGAIN.

I then contacted the DCBL who then also advised I pay with the charge set to rise. It appeared I was fighting a losing battle so I agreed to the monthly payment plan DCBL offered.

I have made one payment of £50 for the charge so far - and will continue to pay month by month until the charge is paid in full and the CCJ is removed from my name. Is there any other advice that may be useful to shorten this charge from these absolute scumbags!!!!?

Kind Regards
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Unless paid in full within 28 days of the judgement you are stuck with a ccj for 6 years.

It would seem you have conspired to shoot yourself in the foot at every possible opportunity. Not much you can do about it now.

Warn everyone you know not to ignore parking tickets. This is what can happen if you do. If anyone needs advice on beating them then they should come here and we will help.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If your objective was to get the ccj removed then you have been misled into thinking paying it off on the drip will achieve this.

The only way to get it removed is to apply for a set aside as you have been advised
  • JPoultz
    JPoultz Posts: 5 Forumite
    How do i go about doing this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills