Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Does anyone do a lot of walking on here? Does the heat affect your feet.

Mine are so sore. Heels especially. Sure I've got some old Ugg boots I could wear today. Or I could just keep my slippers on:rotfl:

Anyone got free Moma porridge on COS.:)

I've loads of lovely sandals and summer shoes but have been wearing the same old black pair of mules with everything because they're comfy!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The most lovely foot treatment is to squirt loads and loads of baby lotion into a double bagged carrier bag, in case it bursts, soak your feet......

That reminds me of the saying double bagger! :rotfl:
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Think it's to do with PRIDE x

Ah yes:)
    In what way? :)

Have you always done a lot of walking?

I have blisters on the soles on my feet. Even my comfiest shoes don't cut it:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions but I have to hot foot it out the door:o:)

Later peeps:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    The most lovely foot treatment is to squirt loads and loads of baby lotion into a double bagged carrier bag, in case it bursts, soak your feet......

That reminds me of the saying double bagger! :rotfl:

Of course I'm dying to ask now what a double bagger is:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Does anyone do a lot of walking on here? Does the heat affect your feet.

Mine are so sore. Heels especially. Sure I've got some old Ugg boots I could wear today. Or I could just keep my slippers on:rotfl:

Anyone got free Moma porridge on COS.:)

I have put my trainers on today... as I am not leaving the office!
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    Options
    lesliejack wrote: »
    while I am not suggesting your feet are hot and sweaty, I can suggest you spray them with anti perspirant in this hot weather, it will help to keep them more comfy. xx

I'm sure you are :D:D
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I keep going to T Direct to see if there is anything worth having and can't find anything! The only thing I have wanted was a gift pack of Lacoste Touch of Pink and it has been out of stock since I found it!

Rather glad I didn't go for the Freesat box I was going to buy though, new telly has Freesat anyway, if I had bought that box we would have had to rejig the cabling to get the satellite through to the bedroom :rotfl::rotfl:

Has anyone noticed we are pleased with the telly :rotfl::rotfl: It is seriously good though, only had HD ready before, didn't realise how clear real HD was, and wondering what on earth it will be like when we can actually watch in 4K (OK, I know you can watch the world cup football matches streamed in 4K but that is NOT relevant to me :rotfl::rotfl:).
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Well fingers crossed all going well mum wise :)

No phone call last night nor today so far.

When I go Poppy walkies will take pic and hope it shows how near to me mum is :eek: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Also can check if she got her curtains open :)

Will be calling in to visit after work hope I don't get :( news want it to be :D news . But who knows with my mum :cool:
  • Freewheeling
    Freewheeling Posts: 622 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

Savvy, I'm glad that Nettiebobs stopped you from waiting in suspense to hear the results from my shop!

Due to poor planning I didn't get to A's at all last night :-(. I ran the long way home from work which was 20 miles, and by the time I'd got home, lay down on the floor for a bit, eaten dinner and had a shower (in that order!) it was around 9.20pm. I was just heading out the door to go to A's when my husband said "did you know that A's shuts at 10pm?" I'd thought it was 24 hours for some reason. It's a 20 minute drive away, and our car is a 5 minute walk away, so I just didn't have enough time to get there and do my shop. Especially as working out the glitch shops always takes a lot of thinking time for me ;). I'd written a list and everything! On reflection it's probably not such a bad thing as we still have Schwartz seasoning jars with a BBE 2013 so I probably don't need any more, I should just finish those up. I would have liked to have got the Arla milk though that was on COS.

Thanks for the heads up on the cake mix. Although I've still got 2 packets of that Stork cake mix in the fridge that were free with COS (I think) a while ago, so again, I should probably use those first.

No free porridge on COS for me today.

I sent my husband to Tesco yesterday for the Skittles as his office is only a 5 minute walk away from a big one. But he told me he didn't buy them because they were showing as £1.24. I've double checked the website and they should be on £1 as of yesterday, so I'm sending him back to try harder today ;).

This turned into a bit of an essay.....

Anyway, good morning! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family