IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice please regarding parking charge notice issued by Care parking at Stretford tram station

Lounesbo
Lounesbo Posts: 53 Forumite
edited 26 August 2018 at 12:57PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
The driver parked on Monday 16th April at approximately 0930am and as the car park was full. The driver parked face to face with another car which had joined the end of the line. This was basically on the edge of the allocated spaces.
The driver returned at 11am and a ticket had been issued at 1035 am. The ticket states Obstructive parking (point 14).
Apologies if this an !open and shut case! new to the site!
Thanks in advance

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have you read the newbies thread? It's tailor made fir first time posters, and easy to find on the first page

If you had, you'd have seen the identity of the driver is NOT revealed here or anywhere else - so edit your post, now. The driver is called"the driver".
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Please start by reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 which provides initial guidance in how to deal with this. It also includes a ready written initial appeal to use - use it without addition/alteration around day 26.

Forget about saving the planet - it won't save you from your ticket!

Also do a forum search on 'Care Stretford' or 'Care Metro' or 'Care Tram' as we've had numerous successful threads about this operation at this site.
    HOW TO USE SEARCH

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'. Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    As above, edit your post to remove information about who parked. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people. Do this NOW before you go to the NEWBIES and send the appeal template from The Keeper that you will find there.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Lounesbo
    Have I done the amendments correctly? Apologies for not knowing the rules correctly as yet
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You haven't broken any "rules" regarding the wording of your post

It is this parking forum advice never to reveal who was driving

Now you edited your post concentrate on the FAQ - #1 to begin with to get an understanding of the game you are caught up in and how to deal with it - and learn why you shouldn't reveal who was driving
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 August 2018 at 11:15AM
    Lounesbo wrote: »
    Have I done the amendments correctly? Apologies for not knowing the rules correctly as yet

As above, you didn't break any rules but the advice is for your protection. The Keeper has the protection of the Protections of Freedom Act 2012. (POFA).
    The Driver has no such protection, so in most cases the driver's identity should not be revealed.

Parking scammers monitor these fora, and have been known to use the information posted here to the detriment of the poster.

So, now The Keeper needs to send the template from the NEWBIES by whatever method is mentioned on the PCN.

If/when it is rejected, you should then need to read up on PoPLA.

Please also complain to your MP and Sir Greg Knight MP about this unregulated scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Lounesbo
    edited 22 April 2018 at 12:38PM
    You are all being super helpful but it seems hard to locate the FAQs for Newbies or the templates. Completed a search for other related issues and that was helpful(& worked) but struggling to find the above.
    So if the parking notice was issued on 16th April the keeper contacts Care parking 26 days after this was issued, is that correct?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    The newbies faq thread is near the top of the forum list of threads
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 April 2018 at 12:45PM
    correct, the KEEPER appeals it on day 26 after the actual event , appealing as keeper and using the template with NO ALTERATIONS (so around the 10th to 12th of MAY)

search the forum for METROLINK POPLA appeals and follow the same advice as those, cribbing from them for the popla appeal that comes when your initial appeal is rejected

its important to do all the right steps on this and NEVER reveal who was driving (so the unwritten "rules" are not to use "ME , MYSELF & I") - your edits are now ok BTW

the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread is the third thread down from the top of this forum

please read it, but also please read half a dozen METROLINK threads over the last 18 months so you understand where we are coming from

so appeal as KEEPER on day 26, using the template
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport