Two speeding tickets inside 15 mins

Comments

• Pauli2 wrote: »
    I done the awareness course last year.

Nothing unfair about the six points then, by rights it should be 9.

:naughty:
    Why post on my thread three times if you've nothing useful or helpful to say.

If you're referring to AndyMc then his first 2 posts are spot on, you have no chance of them retracting either of the tickets (take your chance and plead a defence at court if you want). His second post is spot on as it's only camera vans that can work in both directions.
    Pardon my cynicism but what does "notice says into a red light or something" mean?

#4 was useful and helpful, just not what you want to hear.
  • Jackmydad
    Jackmydad Posts: 9,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 September 2018 at 11:05AM
    I've got nothing "useful" to add. I think you'll have to accept the points.

I'm not moralising, but whether you like it or not, and whether the law is fair, unfair, right or wrong, the speeding tickets are telling you that you need to slow down.
    If you don't you'll eventually lose your licence.
  • Pauli2
    Pauli2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just rechecked the notice, it says "recorded speed 36, time into red light 0, manned equipment ..... So they've done me twice on the way and on way back.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Pauli2 wrote: »
    Same camera but in different cars. The first is when I was returning in a pool car and about 15 mins later coming back in my private car. I've paid the £100 fine and sent my DL off for my offence and now the works car notice has arrived, I'm waiting find out from work exactly the date it was issued. However in the case everything was done correctly what are my chances of getting one offence cancelled due to the close proximity of the offences and only 3 points being applied? Thanks.
    Roughly zero.

The point I was making was if I'd been in my own car would I still get the two offences so close to each other
    If the two photos could have been taken without you dropping back below the limit, you might have an argument that it was a single offence.
    But having stopped to change vehicle? Not a hope. Two offences, two tickets.

to go from 0 to 6 points in a day seems unfair. I done the awareness course last year.
    You didn't take the hint from that occasion. Maybe this will be a bit more persuasive...?
  • Pauli2
    Pauli2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I don't speed as a rule. I just feel unlucky to get done twice. By that logic I could go from zero points to 12 and a ban by getting done for going over 30 but under 40 4 separate times a day.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I don't speed as a rule. I just feel unlucky to get done twice. By that logic I could go from zero points to 12 and a ban by getting done for going over 30 but under 40 4 separate times a day.

Yes. Why ever not? If you are caught 4 times it's 12 points. Do they need to be on different days or something?
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    OP did you not take the hint from the speed awareness course? you only have yourself to blame
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Deastons
    Deastons Posts: 464 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2018 at 10:33PM

Because that's what he does!

OP, the important thing here is to take action now, don't wait. You need to get in touch with the necessary police force and explain that each offence happened on the same day and, as everyone knows, you can't get done for speeding twice on the same day. (My dad once needed to get to a meeting by a certain time, so he purposely got flashed by a speed camera first thing in the morning so he could legally do 120mph all the way to Leeds)
    Meant 30 obviously although the road is dual and should be 40 anyway.

You should also fight that the road should be a 40mph zone - this is very important. Get a lawyer for this if necessary. I know several people who have got off speeding tickets by showing the courts that the speed limit for the road was wrong and the speed they were travelling at was correct.
    I done the awareness course last year.

Also mention this. As you've done the speed awareness course, you're clearly a law-abiding citizen who is fully aware of speed.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport