Two speeding tickets inside 15 mins

Same camera but in different cars. The first is when I was returning in a pool car and about 15 mins later coming back in my private car. I've paid the £100 fine and sent my DL off for my offence and now the works car notice has arrived, I'm waiting find out from work exactly the date it was issued. However in the case everything was done correctly what are my chances of getting one offence cancelled due to the close proximity of the offences and only 3 points being applied? Thanks.

Comments

• So first post and it's a speeding offence from the same camera but travelling in opposite directions?

Location and speeds? Too fast for speed awareness course?
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes definitely. You should go to the police station right away and explain to them it's unfair that you were caught breaking the law twice in the same place and that you should now only be liable for prosecution next week, and somewhere else.
  • Pauli2 wrote: »
    Same camera but in different cars. The first is when I was returning in a pool car and about 15 mins later coming back in my private car. I've paid the £100 fine and sent my DL off for my offence and now the works car notice has arrived, I'm waiting find out from work exactly the date it was issued. However in the case everything was done correctly what are my chances of getting one offence cancelled due to the close proximity of the offences and only 3 points being applied? Thanks.

No chance.
  • So first post and it's a speeding offence from the same camera but travelling in opposite directions?

Location and speeds? Too fast for speed awareness course?

Maybe a van so both ways is possible.
  • hollie.weimeraner
    hollie.weimeraner Posts: 2,147 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 September 2018 at 8:32PM
    Maybe a van so both ways is possible.

I was hoping the poster would answer that one;) although there aren't too many forces that use the horseboxes etc to hide the cameras :) so most people would have seen it
  • Pauli2
    Pauli2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    36 and 38 in a 40. I was sure it
    must have been a van but notice says into a red light or something. The point I was making was if I'd been in my own car would I still get the two offences so close to each other, to go from 0 to 6 points in a day seems unfair. I done the awareness course last year.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Pauli2 wrote: »
    36 and 38 in a 40. I was sure it
    must have been a van but notice says into a red light or something. The point I was making was if I'd been in my own car would I still get the two offences so close to each other, to go from 0 to 6 points in a day seems unfair. I done the awareness course last year.

That's OK then - below limit.
  • Pauli2
    Meant 30 obviously although the road is dual and should be 40 anyway.
  • Pauli2 wrote: »
    Meant 30 obviously although the road is dual and should be 40 anyway.

But it's not so why mention it?
  • Pauli2
    Why post on my thread three times if you've nothing useful or helpful to say.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure