Apple AirPods or alternative

2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    custardy wrote: »
    How does that work? :eek:

Before buying them I wanted to make sure they stayed in my ear so popped into the Edinburgh store and they have a demo ones on hand for you to try all various features that comes with the airpods.

For any germaphobes reading they clean them after use and if your still worried then just think off all the things you touch in public life that someone has touched before you :rotfl:
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks mser's some excellent reviewers and suggestions.
    After seriously considering beats x/sony/etc..
    I today purchased AirPods for totally wireless solution.
    Siri is actually working! E.g call voicemail "you have 6 voicemails"..volume 50%-volume changes as requested.
    Only a few mins listening to Beats 1-music sounds aren't bad at all-nice and clear
    Shall try in gym today-hopefully I'll enjoy as much as 1st attempt at listening.
    Any other useful Siri commands
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Dandytf wrote: »
    Thanks mser's some excellent reviewers and suggestions.
    After seriously considering beats x/sony/etc..
    I today purchased AirPods for totally wireless solution.
    Siri is actually working! E.g call voicemail "you have 6 voicemails"..volume 50%-volume changes as requested.
    Only a few mins listening to Beats 1-music sounds aren't bad at all-nice and clear
    Shall try in gym today-hopefully I'll enjoy as much as 1st attempt at listening.
    Any other useful Siri commands

Afraid I don’t use Siri apart from when using HomePod.

Have you seen this article as it gives you siri commands

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207010
  • ianh1956
    ianh1956 Posts: 46 Forumite
    I bought a pair of air pod alternatives from wowcher recently and the sound quality isn't the best! May have to invest in a decent pair :|
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ianh1956 wrote: »
    I bought a pair of air pod alternatives from wowcher recently and the sound quality isn't the best! May have to invest in a decent pair :|

There are lots of decent headphones-some of the best mentioned via this thread.
    I personally enjoy recent Airpods-wish I could get siri use in gym working though that's de activated when iphone is locked due to a office I'm using for a while.
    Sound quality is nice enough with a little bass effect-no too overpowering almost soft on my ears which I like.
    The white charging case deserves accessories design award at the very least.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    john22 wrote: »
    Sound quality is subjective and if its important then I would always be looking at headphones that I can try in person. Personally for me the sound quality is great on the airpods and if it i wanted better then I would be spending for over the ear headphones at a higher price.

Noise cancellation is not a deal breaker for me and the only time it would be is if i was flying regularly. I could see why serious audio buffs would like this feature and if its important don't get the airpods.

I would not bother with waiting to see what updated features the airpods would have unless they come water proof and you like running in teaming rain or if a possible colour choice will be available.

The airpods in the current format are a perfect balance between form function and sound quality.

If your near an Apple store just pop in and try the airpods for yourself and make the decison based on actually using them rather than reading too many reviews and reading counter arguments on this site :)
    I’ve never managed to get the wired EarPods to stay in, but like the Apple wired EarPod design otherwise. The solution was Earskinz, a rubber cover that makes them fit perfectly and distinctly improves the bass, so they are just like my Sony in-ear earphones from the 90s, they had an embedded rubber ring. Pity Apple never learned a trick there. So if course I’m skeptical about shiny smooth wireless Apple lozenges staying in my ears for even a minute.

But might give the dummy earpieces a try while at the Apple store to get my defective iPhone battery replaced.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure