Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 54Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 97
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 15th Apr 18, 10:55 AM
    • 737 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    18cc
    Do NatWest run this forum?? I only ask because we are 18 years into the 21st century and it still cannot display punctuation correctly...
    • djpailo
    • By djpailo 15th Apr 18, 11:37 AM
    • 448 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    djpailo
    I got paid on Thursday. For those that have yet to be paid, I know it seems frustrating now, but these few days of annoyance are actually insignificant for what will be a free 125* and maybe even a small extra bonus because of the delay.

*provided of course you satisfy the conditions.
    • TheJackah
    • By TheJackah 15th Apr 18, 12:34 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    TheJackah
    Still no incentive paid. No communication from NatWest, other than stock responses on social media. Appalling bank.
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 15th Apr 18, 12:41 PM
    • 6,624 Posts
    • 17,789 Thanks
    EachPenny
    This thread seems to be full of people who just accept anything a bank tells you if you and others are happy to continue to behave like that thats fine more power to your elbow.
    Originally posted by older_wiser
    Please try and understand it has nothing to do with "accept[ing] anything a bank tells you" and instead is about a) not wasting personal time and effort making pointless phone calls and b) adopting the best strategy to maximise the cash benefit from this offer.

knowing whats happend this week and the shambles its been you still stand by that drivel about not contacting them.
    Lets look at things a different way then. Can you identify a single case where someone phoned NatWest before the 13th to ask when the payment was going to be paid and was told, "Sorry we'd forgotten about you, we'll make your payment immediately"?

People were either going to get paid by the deadline or they weren't. Phoning up several days in advance was going to make zero difference to the outcome.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • older_wiser
    • By older_wiser 15th Apr 18, 1:25 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 3,648 Thanks
    older_wiser
    Still no incentive paid. No communication from NatWest, other than stock responses on social media. Appalling bank.
    Originally posted by TheJackah
    ditto its as if we don't even exist i wonder if we'd done anything last week just pulling this idea out of the air you understand ie perhaps contacting them whether they would have got back to us by now.

They would at least know theres a problem.
    • older_wiser
    • By older_wiser 15th Apr 18, 1:40 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 3,648 Thanks
    older_wiser
    Please try and understand it has nothing to do with "accept[ing] anything a bank tells you" and instead is about a) not wasting personal time and effort making pointless phone calls and b) adopting the best strategy to maximise the cash benefit from this offer.

Lets look at things a different way then. Can you identify a single case where someone phoned NatWest before the 13th to ask when the payment was going to be paid and was told, "Sorry we'd forgotten about you, we'll make your payment immediately"?

People were either going to get paid by the deadline or they weren't. Phoning up several days in advance was going to make zero difference to the outcome.
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    So taking your advice nothing would be different at least by now somebody would have been in contact if people had phoned earlier in the week regarding the switch.

Using your strategy of no contact people would been in exactly the same situation as they are now at least if they had contacted natwest things would be progressing if only slowly.

If anyone else does reply to my posts could you indicate whether you took part in the switch and if/when you got the incentive. thanks
    • Organgrinder
    • By Organgrinder 15th Apr 18, 3:07 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Organgrinder
    For info:

My switch happened on Jan 26th, my bonus was received on April 12th (Thursday).

All was done electronically.

Hope that helps.
    • p07747
    • By p07747 15th Apr 18, 3:48 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    p07747
    bspm1
    are they all in one name and have you received any money yet?
    Last edited by p07747; 15-04-2018 at 3:49 PM. Reason: .
    • older_wiser
    • By older_wiser 15th Apr 18, 4:15 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 3,648 Thanks
    older_wiser
    There is a major problem. My dad phoned them today to be advised that they have no idea when it will be fixed.

He should get nice generous compensation,

Phone them up and ask.
    Originally posted by Mchambers

cheers will do i'll even give you credit when i tell them how i knew
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 15th Apr 18, 4:33 PM
    • 2,881 Posts
    • 3,919 Thanks
    ceredigion
    bspm1
    are they all in one name and have you received any money yet?
    Originally posted by p07747
    All right then how many did you go for?
    Just for the record I nearly went for a total of three but decided against the third joint switch at the last minute. Yes we both got the bonus.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 15th Apr 18, 6:27 PM
    • 2,537 Posts
    • 2,509 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    in your opinion just because you keep repeating the same thing as some kind of mantra doesn't make it correct.

This thread seems to be full of people who just accept anything a bank tells you if you and others are happy to continue to behave like that thats fine more power to your elbow.

telling people not to phone was incorrect that is my opinion and it won't change many of the people who haven't had payment might be closer to actually getting it if they had contacted them.

I've heard nothing from natwest about their failure do they even know how many customers are left to be payed ? Hopefully they do but as a long standing customer of many years i'm not confident this will be dealt with swiftly.
    No, not in my opinion. What I have said is logical, and what you have said isn't.

You are now conflating two issues. People contacting the bank before the deadline had passed was pointless and illogical: they had nothing to contact them about - "You haven't done something yet that you still have time to do." I have never said that people shouldn't make contact once the deadline passed.

Your comment that I keep repeating something, "like some kind of mantra," is both wrong and lacking in self-awareness: you keep saying the same thing (while I, and others, have explained why it is illogical).
    Last edited by ValiantSon; 15-04-2018 at 6:41 PM.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 15th Apr 18, 6:37 PM
    • 2,537 Posts
    • 2,509 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    @ValiantSon Read the guidelines, and stop refuting my experience simply because your Dad got his incentive payment manually.

I am a member of this group and you are bully.

For your information not every current account is one that can go through the automatic switching service. My account was one of these and that was why I got a letter.

I posted my experience to help offer an explanation of why other people might also have not qualified for the incentive and also offer a possible solution because I have since received not the incentive but payment of 125 anyway.

In future I suggest you be polite and respectful. I 've checked your posts and see its not personal you enjoy refuting and knocking everyone who posts. Have you ever heard of the old adage, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all?

If you haven't then re read the guidelines either way. In the meantime I expect your apology over calling me a liar when I am posting my experience and verified my facts with a member of NATWEST staff. How dare you?
    Originally posted by nomorekids
    Pointing out that what you have said is wrong does not make me a bully. You have clearly never experienced bullying if you think it does.

I have pointed out that I too had to sign and return the letter, but I was paid without issue. You then kept posting the same disproven assertion.
    Last edited by ValiantSon; 15-04-2018 at 6:42 PM.
    • older_wiser
    • By older_wiser 15th Apr 18, 7:29 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 3,648 Thanks
    older_wiser
    No, not in my opinion. What I have said is logical, and what you have said isn't.

You are now conflating two issues. People contacting the bank before the deadline had passed was pointless and illogical: they had nothing to contact them about - "You haven't done something yet that you still have time to do." I have never said that people shouldn't make contact once the deadline passed.

Your comment that I keep repeating something, "like some kind of mantra," is both wrong and lacking in self-awareness: you keep saying the same thing (while I, and others, have explained why it is illogical).
    Originally posted by ValiantSon
    You are repeating yourself like a mantra so i'll stop enabling you and will ignore your posts from now on as your not making any worthwhile contribution to the thread.

Leave the people who haven't got the switch bonus to discuss this subject as we can help each other while the naysayers can go help out in another thread.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 15th Apr 18, 7:33 PM
    • 2,537 Posts
    • 2,509 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    You are repeating yourself like a mantra so i'll stop enabling you and will ignore your posts from now on as your not making any worthwhile contribution to the thread.

Leave the people who haven't got the switch bonus to discuss this subject as we can help each other while the naysayers can go help out in another thread.
    Feel free to ignore me.

You are, however, wrong.
    • Organgrinder
    • By Organgrinder 15th Apr 18, 7:49 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Organgrinder
    A lot of what is posted on here is opinion, not fact. We should all respect others' opinions without any judgemental comments nor indeed disrespectful comments as to who is right or who is wrong.

The tone of several people is I believe overstepping the mark and whilst there is nothing wrong in debate, it is my belief that there is no need for the many comments on what should be a forum to support people.

If you disagree all i will say is that you shall have to agree to disagree as I'm not prepared to get into a meaningless slanging match.

Please, we are all here to benefit from opportunities, not to score petty points.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 15th Apr 18, 7:50 PM
    • 2,483 Posts
    • 1,961 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    I started calling 'em daily weeks ago. Thought they might not have ought better to do don't you know.

Why wait until the date on the T&C? Thats so last week....
    • Lioness Twinkletoes
    • By Lioness Twinkletoes 16th Apr 18, 8:40 AM
    • 1,343 Posts
    • 4,766 Thanks
    Lioness Twinkletoes
    I have contacted Natwest using their online web chat (complaints department). Took a while but they have confirmed I meet the criteria and they are unsure why I've not received the payment. They said "I have logged this as a complaint for you today and will monitor and chase this going forward, can I give you a call once I get more of an update"

I am pleased I've been reassured that I will get it; I just need to be patient.
    • matrix999
    • By matrix999 16th Apr 18, 8:54 AM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 369 Thanks
    matrix999
    Spoke to the NatWest complaints team this morning.

The matter is still under investigation. No resolution at this time.

Complaint handler going to phone again tomorrow with update.
    • where are we
    • By where are we 16th Apr 18, 9:48 AM
    • 230 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    where are we
    125 paid on Thursday - all done online without the app - good luck to those still to get paid.
    • vienly
    • By vienly 16th Apr 18, 10:10 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    vienly
    I couldn't really be bothered to speak to anyone so filled out their online complaints form. Still haven't received mine either yet.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,712Posts Today

7,310Users online

Martin's Twitter