Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • michaelgordon
    • By michaelgordon 10th Apr 18, 4:52 PM
    • 101Posts
    • 18Thanks
    michaelgordon
    Best place for Hotties
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:52 PM
    Best place for Hotties 10th Apr 18 at 4:52 PM
    Hi everyone, looking towards the winter after running out of fuel for the one still on and having to revert to gas i want to start looking at sourcing fuel early.

Im looking to get Hotties this year probably half a pallet ive done a quick google and the wood fuel coop seems to be the cheapest at present but not sure if prices are still raised due to the current cold weather.

Will it be best to wait a bit or does it not really matter? I cant really afford the bulk price until the end of May any way so is there a cheaper place? or a better to order from?
Page 1
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 10th Apr 18, 4:56 PM
    • 12,868 Posts
    • 11,483 Thanks
    savemoney
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:56 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:56 PM
    I always buy in Summer but I usually go for Verdo's I have used other types too from different company and prices tend to drop 10-20 in Summer but thats about as much as they do and thats a full load. I dont think prices will ever be cheap too many people now using log burners as well cant even get Verdo at mo
    • michaelgordon
    • By michaelgordon 10th Apr 18, 5:01 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    michaelgordon
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:01 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:01 PM
    i know home bargains run out of verdo early last year so i got fuel express which were good but cant guarantee them. The hotties burn very well but are expensive when buying single packs, i only got 15 fuel express las tear with 25 nets of logs but want more briqs this year.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 11th Apr 18, 11:15 PM
    • 43,785 Posts
    • 51,754 Thanks
    G_M
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:15 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:15 PM
    Just put 'hotties' into google for a wide and competitive choice.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 17th Apr 18, 8:23 AM
    • 24,782 Posts
    • 92,030 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 17th Apr 18, 8:23 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 8:23 AM
    Just put 'hotties' into google for a wide and competitive choice.
    Originally posted by G_M

You got here first!
    'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they'll never sit in.'
    • G_M
    • By G_M 20th Apr 18, 12:52 AM
    • 43,785 Posts
    • 51,754 Thanks
    G_M
    • 20th Apr 18, 12:52 AM
    • 20th Apr 18, 12:52 AM

You got here first!
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    I've been there many times.........

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

909Posts Today

5,871Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin