Medicines - Bathroom or Kitchen

Options

Comments

• Doodles
    Doodles Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Bathroom. Although I do keep a pack of Ibuprofen in the kitchen cabinet too.
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No option for both?
    No, because then I suspect most people would have voted that and it wouldn't be representative of the values I am interested in.

Perhaps I should have explicitly said "where do you keep MOST of your medicines"... I would have thought that's how most people would vote if their exact option wasn't available.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My daily medication is kept in my bedroom.
    General stuff like Iboprofen, Lemsips, etc and plasters, bandages etc are in the kitchen.

I don't really think I can vote in that case.
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't vote either, mine are all over the house.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All my prescription medicines have their own kitchen cupboard along with the cat's vet prescription medicines.
  • caledonian_princess
    Options
    Kitchen but we also keep some regularly used stuff on our desks.
    Whatever
  • Illbedamned
    Options
    In a makeup bag, I'm always between mine and the fellas so handy to have in my bad ready.

If we had a house they'd be kept in the bedroom drawer most likely as i take them at night so easier to remember than kitchen or bathroom.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Surely there is no single place that suits everyone. Paramount has to be safety especially if there are children around. Then it's convenience especially if it reminds you to take the medication regularly and at the prescribed time if it's more than OTC medication. Then, unless you're one of those people who try not to take any medication if possible, I think most people have some painkillers or similar to hand whether that's in your bag or desk or wherever.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Filing cabinet in the bedroom.
    OTC top.
    Prescription meds below it.
    Plus a stash in my bag.

People know they can take from the top as it's communal OTC / first aid, they know not to touch the script ones unless they want to go to hospital.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • sazaccount
    Options
    My parents keep the OTC stuff in the kitchen along with their prescriptions. Bandages, plasters, the spare blister plasters for my feet (as they hate shoes :rotfl: I'm 31 and live in a totally different country but mum will always have stuff ready for my feet :D) and very old OTC in a box at the end of their bed.

I live in kind of a lodging situation so mine are in my bedroom but the family have vitamins in one of the kitchen cupboards.

There is no children in either house but at my parents the OTC lived in one of the top cupboards when my brother was little now they are just on the side.
    Thanks to money saving tips and debt repayments/becoming debt free I have been able to work and travel for the last 4 years visiting 12 countries and working within 3 of them. Currently living and working in Canada :beer: :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure