Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blimsters
    • By Blimsters 13th Dec 12, 3:44 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Blimsters
    BCW Group - should I contact them?
    • 13th Dec 12, 3:44 PM
    BCW Group - should I contact them? 13th Dec 12 at 3:44 PM
    Hi

I know there are a lot of threads and information pages on how to deal with DCAs, but every situation is a bit different so...

I received a text today asking me to contact BCW group urgently, quoting a reference number. A quick google search backed up my initial thought that this is a debt collection agency, but I can't think of any possible debt that it can be, as I haven't received any written notification of missed or late payments from any of my credit accounts. I have also been monitoring my credit record for months and have noticed no missed payments (that I haven't dealt with anyway).

I'm tempted to call them out of sheer curiosity, but am I better off just ignoring it?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 13th Dec 12, 5:31 PM
    • 22,818 Posts
    • 18,842 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 13th Dec 12, 5:31 PM
    • 13th Dec 12, 5:31 PM
    Ignore it, if there really is a debt they will write to you, if it's a spammer then replying will let them know that the number they've tried is valid and you'll probably get lots more.
    • Blimsters
    • By Blimsters 13th Dec 12, 9:59 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Blimsters
    • 13th Dec 12, 9:59 PM
    • 13th Dec 12, 9:59 PM
    Good advice, thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,173Posts Today

7,717Users online

Martin's Twitter