ikea delivered 3 times

we ordered some furniture from ikea, they delivered, some was faulty, they said they were going to re deliver and we were to exchange faulty part from new box and hand it back to driver. The driver arrived said he couldnt take the item back as he didnt have a collection ticket... off he went.

we now have email from ikea to say they are delivering our exchange items in next few days.... soooooo what should we do, what can we do?

loops
THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A

Comments

• Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Well, for a starter, don't shop at Ikea :D

Did the delivery guy leave you the new parts or not? I'm having difficulty understanding what you are wanting to know...
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    sorry, ok, had delivery from ikea no1... parts damaged, they re delivered saying just swap the damaged parts whilst driver waits. Driver says nope cant do that we not collecting just delivering. so we end up with 2 of everything.

then we get email saying our exchange is set for delivery on xyz date, so they are delivering 3 lots.. my question is, what onus is on us to tell them, to take yet another day off for collection or to keep quiet.

loops
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    I would imagine the email you recieved is a generic template for any delivery/collection. I doubt they will actually try to deliver a third set of items, more like someone will turn up to take the items back.

I would certainly write a letter to them, asking what they are going to do as a way to compensate you for the third day being taken off work. (You wont get anything for initial or first remedial deliveries)

If they do deliver a third set, well, thats their own stupid fault and I wouldn't contact again. If they realise their mistake, let them contact you.
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• mluton
    mluton Posts: 796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A well known catalogue company did this to me a few years ago with a Bed & Matress I bought.

The matress was terrible, so I phoned for an exchanage and they sent it out a week later with a new bed also. Driver said he only had a collection note for the matress so keep the other bed.

Then later that week another bed and matress turned up. I had 3 beds and 2 matress's in the end.

I held onto the stuff for a month to see if they contacted me, then sold the 2 extra beds and extra matress.

It paid for my original bed and matress and I have a few quid in my back pocket.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure