Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 5th Aug 08, 6:12 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    0 WOW
    Cheap Airport Parking Discussion
    • 5th Aug 08, 6:12 PM
    0 WOW
    Cheap Airport Parking Discussion 5th Aug 08 at 6:12 PM

This thread is specifically to discuss the

Click reply to discuss
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-11-2008 at 1:44 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 2
  • Burlesque Babe
    any ideas to reduce parking costs at Bournemouth? They aren't included on any of the comparison sites Martin lists, there is 1 bus from Bournemouth (I live in Poole so useless), no train station for miles and it's £40 return for a taxi to Poole.

It's such a pain, the airport is so close, yet it's cheaper to get the train 30 miles to Southampton! Only problem is then getting flights which are anywhere near the Ryanair/Thomsonfly prices at Bournemouth.

It's something like £8.50 a day to park at Bournemouth and we are going for 6 nights in October. It comes out at £37.50 parking with a discount booking directly with the airport website.
    Last edited by Burlesque Babe; 08-08-2008 at 7:17 PM.
    "Stay Wonky"

Become Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 12th Aug 08, 1:14 PM
    • 8,443 Posts
    • 7,076 Thanks
    daveyjp
    A word of warning about parking at Leeds Bradford - some enterprising owners of a field have set up a car park which has no planning permission. I've no idea how much it costs, but if it's a lot cheaper than legal ones ask why.
  • dmwillacy
    Luto n Airport
    Central car storage offer a decent deal at 6 and are efficient. However they do not compensate for a cancellatio. We lost all our money a fortnight ago because we cancelled less than 7 days ahead. How was I to know that one of our party was to have a heart attack and thus cancel the holiday?
    Their reply to a courteous rquest added insult to injury!
    Any better experiences?
    • rogertb
    • By rogertb 5th Sep 08, 9:05 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    rogertb
    I've been trying as well with little luck, I'm in Southampton so I'll probably get a lift though I did come across this :

http://bournemouth.gumtree.com/bournemouth/23/21527223.html

Roger
    • Poppy9
    • By Poppy9 7th Oct 08, 1:14 PM
    • 17,988 Posts
    • 22,279 Thanks
    Poppy9
    Back to MotoringDiscounts.co.uk

Book airport parking through this site and you get 20% discount if you are a member of any breakdown body. I'm with autoaid so I entered my autoaid member number and had the 20% discount. It was cheaper for Bristol Airport than going through the AA site (I used to be a member before I saw the light)
    ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~
  • mar6ph
    ferry parking
    Not strictly an airport! ..but does anyone have tips/info on cheap or free parking near Continental ferry Port in Portsmouth?
  • ChrisWilkins1310
    For cheap airport parking try Parkatmyhouse.com.

For example if you put in Luton as the location you wish to have a space you can find spaces at 4 per day (compared with 10 per day up at the airport) plus you can often get a free lift to the airport - you may have to take a taxi back but even so it's still much cheaper if you are away for more than a few days.

Say for 7 days up at the airport 70.
    Parkatmyhouse space for 7 days 28 plus 5 taxi is 33.
  • Travel bug
    I always book through www.motoringdiscounts.co.uk You get 20% discount off your airport parking!
  • thebigyin
    just had this ...
    http://www.skyparksecure.com/?utm_source=PURE&utm_medium=email&promo=dec085

The offer is a free parking draw for all parking bookings received in december and 5% off everything as well. The email says they are giving away 5 free bookings.
  • david salsa
    off airport parking
    went away for christmas and used off airport parking when we got back the car was damaged and disguised so as not to be spotted until we were off their site.:confused:

Lukily we spotted it but still have no reply to a letter an e-mail and phone call 2 weeks on.

If you use off airport parking suggest you photo yuor car when leaving again on collection and check for concealed damage and be aware that the holiday extras site is run by a sister company of airparks ....guess who they recommend???
  • yorkie426
    Robin Hood/ Doncaster Airport Parking
    Anyone got a promo code for their parking?
  • hijo1118
    Do you need a membership number?
    This is a website that I use for airport parking and have had no problems:

memberstravel

We usually fly from Manchester or Leeds. I know they do not do Doncaster but think that they do most others.
    Originally posted by Lindagreenacre

Hi,
    I had a look here and found the cheapest quote but when you go to book it asks for a membership number, it does say if you cant remember it to put 000 but was wondering if you actually need one? Dont want to not have one and make the booking invalid!!!

Thanks
  • CaptainKay
    Is there a thread for east midlands,or is that too small to be included?
    Originally posted by hollydays
    Hi!! I don't know if there is a thread for East Midlands but BCP have a wide variety of airports they search and you will probably be able to get a good price from them for the nottingham-east-midlands airport

I hope that helps. The link should be in my siganture
    Airport Parking
  • CaptainKay
    Not strictly an airport! ..but does anyone have tips/info on cheap or free parking near Continental ferry Port in Portsmouth?
    Originally posted by mar6ph
    I feel like im getting reply happy! Keep noticing different questions! BCP also do Port parking so you might be able to find some good prices there, the airport parking page is on my signature and you should be able to find port parking fairly easily from there. I hope that is of some help!
    Airport Parking
  • peeweeel
    Prompted by today's email I had a look at prices from the various bookers for Birmingham for 27 days next Jan/Feb. As Martin said, they all gave the same prices for the two off-site parking, (APH 41.60 & Airparks 71+) with a 5% discount from Airport-parking or, if you join their club for free, 10% off from Purple Parking. PP charge 1.50 CC fee but no Debit card fee. (Although I've been a member for years I don't post enough so it won't let me put the PP link - Just google purple parking)

As well as being much cheaper, APH at Hams Hall is better for me as it is near M42 J9 which is where I would normally join the M42 anyway.
    Phil E
    • Dewpoint
    • By Dewpoint 18th Jun 09, 10:39 AM
    • 123 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Dewpoint
    Airport Parking article in MSE
    Holiday Extras don't seem to scan APH Parking. When I tried today, APH was cheaper by far than all but one that HE recommended!
    • gingercheapskate
    • By gingercheapskate 18th Jun 09, 10:53 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    gingercheapskate
    Hotel at end of a trip (parking before the hotel stay)
    We are going away in November and need parking from 15 to 29 NOv inc but only need the hotel on 28 Nov. ANy idea how to do this as the searches only seem to let you have the parking after the hotel stay.

Thanks in advance.
  • ojp
    Robin Hood Doncaster Airport Parking discount
    Anyone got a promo code for their parking?
    Originally posted by yorkie426
    10% off Elite Airport Parking at "Airport Parking Site" (please Google it as can't post link) with code 91D3E0CF
    • RobertinHerts
    • By RobertinHerts 1st Jul 09, 9:07 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    RobertinHerts
    Meet & Greet parking at Gatwick
    We have used Meet & Greet parking at Gatwick for our last two family holidays abroad . It costs about 20 extra per week over the off-site method, Just try Meet & Greet once, you'll never go back to any other method.
    Originally posted by Luvmyfreebies
    Thanks to you and Millydog for mentioning this company. I always assumed any meet and greet service would be expensive but their quote is little more than the one with a ten minute bus journey that we normally use. Nothing like the 20 extra per week that you encountered. I'm very tempted.

Anyone else here used them?

Robert
    • RobertinHerts
    • By RobertinHerts 1st Jul 09, 9:10 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    RobertinHerts
    Daily calculations
    When arriving back at the airport with a six-hour delay I had insult added to injury (metaphorical) when the parking company demanded an extra days parking fee.

How do they calculate the charges?

Robert
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

1,963Users online

Martin's Twitter