Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    freddyfeet
    Egg Investments selling on - what to do?
    • 9th Nov 04, 2:05 AM
    Egg Investments selling on - what to do? 9th Nov 04 at 2:05 AM
    I have a small monthly cash ISA with Egg - only 20 a month but it is building up nicely. However, they are selling their whole investment business to another company and (if I undserstand the letter correctly) I will not be able to continue this regular monthly payment.
    I don't like the idea of saving and then paying a lump sum because I've lost out in the past by doing that and also, when push comes to shove, I probably would find another use for the cash!
    Would welcome any suggestions.
Page 1
    • Reaper
    • By Reaper 9th Nov 04, 7:17 PM
    • 6,714 Posts
    • 5,070 Thanks
    Reaper
    • 9th Nov 04, 7:17 PM
    Re: Egg Investments selling on - what to do?
    • 9th Nov 04, 7:17 PM
    Well the obvious thing to do is move the ISA to somebody else. Or leave it there and take out a new one next tax year with someone else.

The first option is probably the best for simplicity and because you can get a better rate.

The Abbey Postal ISA is, as the name suggests, normally operated by post. However the Facts page says you can set up a standing order to pay your 20 a month from your bank account.

It also pays 5.35% which is probably more than Egg is giving you. They will arrange the transfer if that is what you choose to do.

If you would rather have an internet operated cash-ISA there are lots of other options, eg Intelligent Finance who pay 5.1%
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,864Posts Today

8,614Users online

Martin's Twitter