Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Comments

• Hello Ladies,

Elmo enjoy Trinidad. :D Watch out for the men though :rotfl:

Chanie good on you for having lots of nice events to enjoy for your 40th birthday celebrations. :D

I had a very busy day yesterday running errands. I managed to lose my leather Golunski card holder with my Oyster card and my half price bus & tram photo card in it. :( I had to come home after doing my errands using my other Oyster card and report my Oyster card as lost, then I had to go to my local main Post Office with 2 photographs and proof of my ESA to get another half price bus & tram photo card. Then I had to take the new photo card to Elephant and Castle Underground station so that a member of staff could activate it and link it to my Oyster card. :cool:

It was my oldest granddaughter's 18th birthday yesterday. :D How the years have flown past. The family celebration is taking place at her Mother's house next weekend. :D

I was out buying cards for all 3 of my granddaughter's birthdays. I have some presents to wrap up for all 3 of my granddaughter's birthdays but I will mostly be giving them money in their birthday cards. :D

On my way home from exchanging an item in Primark, I lost my balance as I was stepping on the bus and went sprawling. :eek: I only took a very hard knock to my lower left leg, just on top of my sock line. I jumped to my feet more embarrassed than injured but the leg was very painful and immediately begun to bruise. :( Once I was seated I applied some of my Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Gel to the bruising. By the time I had completed my bus journey, the pain had really calmed down. I continued to use the gel at intervals until I was going to Karaoke. :D

I had a very enjoyable evening at Karaoke. :D
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm so pleased you're enjoying your birthday treats chanie. Delighted for you. I'm not sure of the actual birthday but have a great birthday season however long it lasts!:A

I'm glad you've not had any lasting ill effects from your fall sugarbaby. You must have been OK to enjoy another good evening out singing. :)

I've had a good, long walk today and popped into town for a few errands but not much else going on chez maman. I was on a mission in town to get some gift vouchers for gifts so didn't really look at the autumn fashions plus it's actually warm here so didn't feel autumnal at all. :D
  • Yes it is hot here - the locals are complaining more than me so I'm allowed to say it's hot haha. It's interesting but also kinda normal for me, it's my other home. And I'm always watching out for the men, I get more attention for being "white" and having blue eyes.

How's the bedroom coming along LL? I miss my yoga class, although I suspended my gym membership in favour of going swimming more for a little while until I sort out my creaky knee.

I'm so grateful for the public transport in Scottish cities, I've never driven. I pay for a bus pass or walk everywhere - double bonus for keeping fit and being cheaper than running a car. But I can understand that's not easy for everyone Maman. I must remember to check the link for Debs.

Ohhhh, Wednesday, enjoy Muse ! I actually hated them when I was in high school because I thought Matt was whiny haha. But I saw them live and loved them after that.

I love all your treats Chanie, sounds really great :) I like piercings because you can change them or take them out for different occasions. I need to re-pierce my lip, it closed because I kept forgetting to put my stud back after work and repiercing myself isn't really working. Enjoy your massage and dinner

Oh dear SugarBaby, sounds like an eventful day, glad you got to enjoy karaoke though. I have to ask - what are your favourite songs to sing?
    Elmo :) xx

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2019
    Frump to Fab 2019
  • Good morning lovely ladies.....

Not much news here.....and not much personal fabbing. I'm up to my neck in diy/garden work etc. DS2 has been helping and I have to say I have so enjoyed him being around. I know you have to let them go but I do miss my boys......:rotfl:

As my mum used to say "our children are not ours to keep, we only get to borrow them for a while". so true.

Anyway we are ploughing through the work. I know it's mad but I'm sort of simultaneously working on the kitchen/diner, bedroom and garden. Not the best way because of the chaos it causes but I'll muddle through. I have to do it this way to make the best use of my sons time whilst he is available.

I have decided to leave the sitting room until next year......I just can't face that as well. Even I'm not that crazy.:rotfl: I just grit my teeth and tell myself it will be worth it. It WILL look beautiful. I can picture the finished result it in my minds eye. I just need to stay focussed

One of the reasons it is so time consuming and messy is that I am taking the opportunity to improve the insulation in each room as I go along. It is a bit of a faff but it will be well worth going the extra mile. The house will be much warmer and more energy efficient.

So......I currently look like a bag lady, my hair needs washing and I'm wearing paint spattered clothing. I'm shattered and stiff and sore, so this morning I shall do some more painting and then treat myself to a nice long soak in the bath and some serious pampering. And then I'm going to ease off a bit for a couple of days and take a break. Enjoy the sunshine. Tomorrow I am having a professional facial.....I am sooooo worth it.

Chanie....sounds like you are having a wonderful birthday.

SUgarbaby......glad you are ok, at least you didn't break any bones but painful none the less. Take care.

Right I'd better summon up some enthusiasm get cracking.......

Have a great day.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2019 at 8:57AM
    Hi girlies :D
    Am off to the dreaded hairdressers today.She's not gonna believe how thin it's gone:eek:Think I just want a shoulder length , messy, layered bob, n I'll bung a colour on to brighten it up too:D
    Am having my passport done later, so hope I don't look too horrific :eek::rotfl: Have got itchy red eyes to add to the joys, oh well :o
    Ttfn xxx
    PS a belated Happy Birthday to Chanie :bdaycake: , n enjoy the gig WEDNESDAY :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2019 at 12:13PM
    At least you can retreat from all the mess to your luxurious bathroom LL.:D

It does make sense to have a number of projects on the go. You're fortunate at the moment that your son is available to help and to have an indoor and outdoor job available is a good thing. I'm delighted with this bit of Indian Summer but it might not be good every day. And then there's the ongoing painting of the beams which I know you decided to stagger as it's such an uncomfortable job. All perfect sense.;)

Great idea to have your passport photo done after visiting the hairdresser candy. Did you say you're getting your Indian visa in person? We did ours on line and it was a bit of a nightmare. Not difficult, just long and tedious with lots of website glitches. :(

The weather is pleasant here elmo but hardly too hot! I'm very envious of your trip.:)

I did a little bit of wardrobe culling the other day. Only a relatively small amount for the CS but I did put away the very summery clothes like sleeveless dresses. At the moment I've kept out some of my darker, heavier cotton skirts and dresses and I still haven't given in to tights!:D
  • Happy (belated?) birthday Chanie!:T

I like my new cardigans. I also bought two more mini dresses, one dark red and the other black. I will probably wear one of them this weekend when I go out.:D

I love the new cloud cream, it really is one of the best I've ever tried.

I have made plans to meet another friend at the start of October.:beer: I haven't seen him in 6 years either. I really did neglect my friendships when my husband had cancer so it's nice to know that my friends still want to see me!

It's still quite warm here. I'm about to go and pick up my thyroid and folic acid prescriptions from the chemist. I was actually worried that they wouldn't be there with all the fear about Brexit and prescriptions!

I'm going to wear my grey TU maxi dress and my new hot pink cardi.
    Ohhhh, Wednesday, enjoy Muse ! I actually hated them when I was in high school because I thought Matt was whiny haha. But I saw them live and loved them after that.

I didn't like them all that much at first but I have to say their Simulation Theory tour (that I saw at Stratford already this year) is one of the best concerts I've ever been to!:A I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

On my way home from exchanging an item in Primark, I lost my balance as I was stepping on the bus and went sprawling. :eek: I only took a very hard knock to my lower left leg, just on top of my sock line. I jumped to my feet more embarrassed than injured but the leg was very painful and immediately begun to bruise. :( Once I was seated I applied some of my Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Gel to the bruising. By the time I had completed my bus journey, the pain had really calmed down. I continued to use the gel at intervals until I was going to Karaoke. :D

I had a very enjoyable evening at Karaoke. :D

Ooh, ouch. I'm glad you enjoyed your evening anyway.:)
    candygirl wrote: »
    Hi girlies :D
    Am off to the dreaded hairdressers today.She's not gonna believe how thin it's gone:eek:Think I just want a shoulder length , messy, layered bob, n I'll bung a colour on to brighten it up too:D

I hope it goes well!:cool:
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 September 2019 at 1:22PM
    Phew. Just painted two walls, thats enough for now.

I can't really do anymore anyway because I'm waiting to get the insulation done on the two outside walls next week. But I'm breaking the back of it (hopefully not my back as well) :rotfl:

I have to say I am delighted with the results so far. The colour is called "Cravat", from the Crown Period range. It has a lovely Flat Matt finish. It's a sort of grey/blue and it's gorgeous in a bedroom, especially at night.This colour is a bit of a family favourite. We have all copied from each other. :rotfl: I have used it before so have lots of accessories and soft furnishings already so that will save me a small fortune.

It goes really well with the heavy dark teak rustic bed and furniture I have "borrowed" from my son. I asked him yesterday when he does he want it back and he said you can keep it. Bless him. So even more money saved. The bed is huge for one person but very comfortable, I love it. Everyone who sees it admires it. It is quite a show stopper.

Anyway time for a break. It's lovely and warm so I'm going to enjoy the sun, and catch up with some weeding. I'll save the "home spa treatments" until this evening when I can really relax and indulge.

Yes Maman I really love my bathroom. I did go over budget with it, but it's well worth it. It really is luxurious. How are you enjoying yours.

This morning I had a landscape Gardner come round so I could pick his brains. He is my eldest sons friend. He set up his own company a year ago. Lovely lad and he came up with some great ideas. So I have decided to bite the bullet and have that awful lawn dug up and, in the word of that 80s pop song....."I'm Turning Japanese". Going to go for something simple and easy maintenance.

He is very busy (good sign) so I will have to wait for him until next year. We are aiming for March, depending on the weather of course. In the meantime I've got my new handyman coming on Sunday to help with the autumn planting. Picked up a load of shrubs from Aldi £1.79 each. Bargains.

The landscape guy noticed them and said "see you have been to Aldi's" and winked". I asked what he thought, and he said that they are great for everyday shrubs, and when you need a lot when starting a garden from scratch, they very good value for money.

I have chosen mainly evergreens so when interspersed with the new trees they will be the structural backbone and hopefully grow into a nice mixed hedge next to the new fencing. Definitely an improvement on that awful conifer monstrosity that I inherited when I moved here.

Beautiful day here. Think I will have lunch al fresco.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 September 2019 at 1:07PM
    DS1 is a huge Muse fan. They were scheduled to see them in Birmingham on Tuesday but have had to cancel due to a business trip. I would go in their stead but I'm on granny duty so I can't go either. DS2s girl is a nurse and can't change her shift either.

I have got a funeral a week on Friday and although I don't normally wear dark colours I do have one navy dress that is suitable. It's a long sleeved jersey wrap around so should be ok.

Candy.....hope the hair cut goes well. I have thin baby fine hair now too. Such a nuisance but since I've changed hairdressers it looks much better. I also use a thickening gel before blow drying. Have you tried those fibres you can sprinkle on to your scalp. I use them sometimes, very effective, they really work well for me.
  • Currently 31° here but "FeelsLike 37°" Melting. And the heat is making my skin breakout, especially the side of my face I sleep on. Been using cleansers, a light moisturising mask, and drinking plenty of water.

Glad I bought a bb cream instead of foundation. Loving my new lighter makeup look, and trying to keep on top of the basic grooming. Should ask my Aunty for nail polish and do a little mani/pedi.
    Having a casual dinner party this evening :) going to wear a lovely dress I bought on eBay - got loads of compliments when I went to karaoke in it before. It has half length sleeves, sits above the knee, it's a sort of paisley print in black, red and gold/biscuit colours.
    Elmo :) xx

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2019
    Frump to Fab 2019
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills