Game of Thrones - The Touring Exhibition. In Belfast

motorguy
motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
I wasnt aware this was happening and it doesnt seem overly well promoted (though maybe i've just missed it).

Runs until the end of August, and there is good availability for tickets. May get busier now we are heading towards the summer months.

http://www.gameofthronesexhibition.co.uk/about-the-exhibition/

Comments

• Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Theres a massive billboard for it on the M3 by the Obel.
    But yes other than that I haven't seen an ad for it!

I assume its much like the stuff that was in the Waterfront a couple of years back, had all the props, VR headset etc.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yes, I saw loads of billboards all around Belfast also TV ads earlier in the year saying it was coming. Then local BBC news did a report on it as well.
  • motorguy
    Never in Belfast so might explain why i didnt see it.

Hadnt heard much talk about it generally, given the interest in GoT and the timing of it.
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    When it was on before couple of years ago it was free. Not the case this time. Think its £11 per adult??
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • motorguy
    CEON44 wrote: »
    When it was on before couple of years ago it was free. Not the case this time. Think its £11 per adult??

I dont think its the same thing as before. This is a full touring exhibition.

Sadly not £11, Adult (13+) is £17.50. And then £5 to park your car.

It was good to see - the detail in the costumes and props are amazing. Its very well laid out, enthusiastic staff most of whom were extras in the show apparently.

I think we walked around it in 45 minutes. Not too many people there, so i dont think its being well attended.

We enjoyed it, worth seeing if your a fan, but pricey especially if it was a family group going.
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    motorguy wrote: »
    I dont think its the same thing as before. This is a full touring exhibition.

Sadly not £11, Adult (13+) is £17.50. And then £5 to park your car.

It was good to see - the detail in the costumes and props are amazing. Its very well laid out, enthusiastic staff most of whom were extras in the show apparently.

I think we walked around it in 45 minutes. Not too many people there, so i dont think its being well attended.

We enjoyed it, worth seeing if your a fan, but pricey especially if it was a family group going.
    Definitely expensive but I think it is much the same as was on before a couple of years ago. My sister was at both and see says its just much the same. Suppose they just decided to fleece the tourists this time
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • motorguy
    edited 16 June 2019 at 6:34PM
    CEON44 wrote: »
    Definitely expensive but I think it is much the same as was on before a couple of years ago. My sister was at both and see says its just much the same. Suppose they just decided to fleece the tourists this time

Yeah they seem to be going on tour with it now, so presumably need to monetise it to cover costs.

I think on the mainland any sort of attraction is that cost easily per person, but here we're not used / not inclined to pay that sort of cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure