MAXI-ISA

Options
Hi all you money-saving junkies, need some of your valued advice.
I have an Invesco Maxi shares ISA which I invest in monthly, but am not over impressed with the returns.
What are my options if I want to transfer to another provider during the same tax-year.
Any feedback would be most appreciated.
Yours Scuba :)

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Invesco have about 30-40 retail funds. Some of which are very good.

So saying an invesco ISA isnt very good is not quite correct. The ISA isnt good or bad. The ISA is just the wrapper. Its what is contained inside of the wrapper that is important. In this case, what fund(s) are inside your wrapper?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • scuba_scot
    Options
    Hi DD, Sorry for the delay and the lack of informationin the previous posting.

The funds I invest in at the moment are the
    High Income Fund and the US Core fund of which I invest £60.00 each per month.

Hope this is more informative and enable you to give me an honest assessment.

Yours Spreader
  • dunstonh
    Options
    The High Income fund is a cracking little fund.  Not as good historically as the Income fund they offer but certainly above average.

UK Equity Income sector average over 10 years is 215%.  The Inv Perp High Inc fund is 321.94%.  The last 4 years have consistently outperformed the sector average.

There are a few IN Perp US funds.  The whole US sector has been very poor for 4 years now.  The last 18 months have seen the decline stop and prove to be stable but not going anywhere generally.    One could say that it is a good time to consider investing in US funds as the units are worth half as much as they were before 2000.   The  Inv Perp US funds performance is on or below sector average at the moment.

US funds are more volatile than UK funds so its not so much the provider you really need to worry about but perhaps your asset allocation.   It may be that the US funds are above your risk view.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • blinko
    blinko Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes i was thnking about my maxi isa the other day, i was thinking about jupiter online i think there eastern european or european growth fund is doing quite well, also DD when you quote 321% interest over 10 years etc is that net return or excluding charges ? thanks
  • dunstonh
    Options
    The software i use assumes full bid/offer spread and annual management charge when it knocks out those figures.

Baring Eastern Europe is where i have a little. There isnt a wide range of Eastern European funds though and its going to be difficult to judge which EE fund would be best.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure