What to do when purchased goods that turned out to be counterfeit from China?

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased 2 shirts from a website, however when they arrived they were clearly counterfeit when I compared them to what the advertised image showed on the website.

I used a Maestro debit card and the payment was through Paypal, however Paypal say they cant do anything as they only cover no-delivery of goods unless its an e-bay purchase.

The seller, who turns out to be from China, says they will refund me but not including the postage, which was £10, then there is the postage cost of returning the items.

Does anyone know if I have any legal rights or advice so that I can get full refunded including the cost of returning the items.

Thanks for your help

Stew:money:

Comments

• omen666
    omen666 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    No rights at all and shopping from the counterfeit capital of the world gives you a clue as to the quality of items received
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    omen666 wrote: »
    No rights at all and shopping from the counterfeit capital of the world gives you a clue as to the quality of items received

Correct, no legal rights at all. I'm actually amazed they have offered to refund you if you return the goods...

I'd just chalk to down to experience and never buy from China again...
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure