Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Simbaspride
    DSG - Currys/PCWorld
    • 2nd Mar 09, 5:32 PM
    DSG - Currys/PCWorld 2nd Mar 09 at 5:32 PM
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to vent my frustration here and get an understanding of my rights.

I purchased a Compaq notebook from Currys back in October 2008 after 4 months of using it it has devloped some major faults, which I do not wish to get into through fear of boring you all. Anyway I retuned to Currys with my reciept in hand asking for it to be repaired, and was sent over to their repair team, the repair team sent the laptop back a week later claiming all problems have been resolved. I retuned jome from work and checked it out and yet NONE of the problems have been resolved, furious I went to the store where I purchased it and spoke with the store manager I said the repair team had not fixed a thing and asked for an exchange which I fell is a reasonable suggestion. However the manage said that the group's policy on this is that a notebook has to go into repair 3 TIMES before giving a customer an option of exchange this is not only causing me alot of stress but is also costing me money as I have to take half a day off each time the laptopis picked up and delivered!!!! I thought this was ridiculous and unfortunatley I am not aware of my rights regarding this, so I really need some ammunition for when I next go into the store.

Thanks in advance guys i really need your help.
Page 1
    • black paw
    • By black paw 2nd Mar 09, 9:30 PM
    • 1,775 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    black paw
    • 2nd Mar 09, 9:30 PM
    • 2nd Mar 09, 9:30 PM
    they should exchange for a new one , get in touch with local trading standards for help , they can ring the shop ect, or give you good advice on what to do, good luck
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
    • Mark Hewitt
    • By Mark Hewitt 3rd Mar 09, 8:15 AM
    • 2,078 Posts
    • 909 Thanks
    Mark Hewitt
    • 3rd Mar 09, 8:15 AM
    • 3rd Mar 09, 8:15 AM
    But they don't legally have to?
  • FreheitOverture
    • 3rd Mar 09, 9:58 AM
    • 3rd Mar 09, 9:58 AM
    Yeah, I don't think they legally have to replace it and I doubt trading standards will get you anywhere, although they do have to repair it. So take it back, make sure they get it sorted and make sure you test it before you leave!
    shame i can only thank people once, or i'd sit here clicking thanks for FreheitOverture's message just there til my beer ran out...

and i've only just opened it..
    Originally posted by markymoo
  • Art
    • 3rd Mar 09, 2:50 PM
    • 3rd Mar 09, 2:50 PM
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to vent my frustration here and get an understanding of my rights.

I purchased a Compaq notebook from Currys back in October 2008 after 4 months of using it it has devloped some major faults, which I do not wish to get into through fear of boring you all. Anyway I retuned to Currys with my reciept in hand asking for it to be repaired, and was sent over to their repair team, the repair team sent the laptop back a week later claiming all problems have been resolved. I retuned jome from work and checked it out and yet NONE of the problems have been resolved, furious I went to the store where I purchased it and spoke with the store manager I said the repair team had not fixed a thing and asked for an exchange which I fell is a reasonable suggestion. However the manage said that the group's policy on this is that a notebook has to go into repair 3 TIMES before giving a customer an option of exchange this is not only causing me alot of stress but is also costing me money as I have to take half a day off each time the laptopis picked up and delivered!!!! I thought this was ridiculous and unfortunatley I am not aware of my rights regarding this, so I really need some ammunition for when I next go into the store.

Thanks in advance guys i really need your help.
    Originally posted by Simbaspride
    A repair is the best you can expect, but one that sorts the problem out. Write to them and tell them that if the PC isn't returned to you in working order next time you will expect a replacement.

Regards,
    Art.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

654Posts Today

6,327Users online

Martin's Twitter