Attendance Allowance

Comments

• bryanb wrote: »
    Are you winding us up? You've already taken jobcentre advice once!
    They do not administer pensions!!!

Ta, No I am not!

If they dont do it which office does? I dont know any other office in town.
  • Have you contacted the pensions service to ask for a projection of your state pension?

Don't ask 'am I entitled to one', rather ask 'How much am I entitled to'?
    It is really important to be careful how you word things.
    This country these days is all about denying the indigenous population what they've worked for so it can be given to our immigrant families when they arrive.
    Don't roll over and play dead, FIGHT!!!:eek:

Ta, no I havent I didnt know that I could. I do try to fight but when you dont know who you are fighting and what the rules are its a tad bit difficult. As I said before I retired 6 years ago when I was 60 wouldnt they have told me at the time
    Ill have a look at that and see what its about. Isnt it being a bit cheeky asking what can I have instead of being polite and asking if I am entitled?
    A persons pension is not rolled into husbands these days. Perhaps you are thinking about the "Adult dependent allowance" which can no longer be claimed but will remain for those already drawing it.
    To be absolutely clear her pension (based on husband's or even ex-husband's contributions) is always paid to her directly.

Ta, ex husband I doubt it I havent seen him since he did a bunk back in 1979. I remarried in 1980 to a lovely gentleman who has cared for me ever since.
    He has never had a pension for me, He started getting his state pension a few years ago when he reached 65.
    We started claiming pension credit 6 years ago when he was 63 and I was 60.
    Shellieboo - Phone the DWP and claim your state pension!

Ta, I keep saying I dont get a state pension. If I was entitled they would have given it to me 6 years ago when I was 60.
    Im going to phone that link to see if I can get one from my husband. If they allow me one will it go back to when I was 65
  • Ta everyone for the details. Ill ring that number tomorrow and see if theyll give me a pension.
    Then I have to fill out another of those allowance claims and see what happens.
  • bryanb
    bryanb Posts: 4,993 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    shellieboo wrote: »

If they dont do it which office does? I dont know any other office in town.

You need to phone the DWP-Department of work and pensions. The office is in Cardiff, you won't find one in town!
    This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    shellieboo wrote: »
    Ta, As I have said I havent got the faintest of what stamps I paid, it was a long long time ago and cant remember.

60% ?? No we don't get that or anything like that. like I said we just get my husbands state pension that he paid into, a little pension and pension credit top up

That seems a good idea like a mOT. Do I just go the jobcentre for that?

You could contact Help the Aged for advice re both your pension entitlement and to help with the claim for AA. Or the CAB may be able to help. It certainly sounds like a good idea so at least you know exactly where you stand. I would certainly phone the DWP re your pension as well, the phone number will be on the letter you mentioned about the pension credit.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • shellieboo wrote: »
    Ta, yes that is what I managed to work out as well. At the moment I am down by just over a £100 a week and they reduced my husband's pension credit by another £32 a week. Lost £132 a week.
    I am hoping that they will give me the allowance of £50 and give back the £32 to my husband. Its a lot to lose just heard about the £32 this weekend. All because I just followed what the jobcentre told me.

Ta for the details on pension credit. I dont understand what all them letters mean. I dont get any state pension, I never have, my husband does. I did work fulltime from 1961 to 1968 before I brought the first two children up between 1968 and 1979 then went back partime from 1979 until 1980 when I stopped altogether to have the twins in 1980. I retired at 60 in 2006.
    The pension credit form I have here that came yeserday shows this
    Standard Rate £217.90

Husband SRP £123.86
    Annuity £9.55

Less notional SRP wife £73.20

Pension Credit Guarantee due £11.29 per week.

It used to be £43.89 a week

Looks like we are going to have to live on £144.70 a week until I can get the allowance paid to me.

Neither your old DLA and maybe the future AA if you ever get, it will influence past present of future calculations.

Sufficient stamps

You usually would be warned on more than several occasions about underpaying voluntary National Insurance contributions, and usually within six years of a pension commencement. You would also at that time be asked / offered an opportunity to fill any gaps with Class 3 one-off voluntary payments. You could even at this late date find out how many gaps there were but its unlikely they would accept a Class 3 contribution even if you offered it.

123.86 - Husbands Class BSP [£107.45+] Class A or B
    __9.55 - ? - I assume a private pension ?
    _73.20 - Wife / Spouse BSP [£64.40+] Class C non-contributory
    _11.29 - Guarantee element of Pension Credit
    ______
    217.90 - Total Income from all sources

Unsurprisingly its precisely the same £217.90 figure I gave you in the last word I wrote in #19. Married or civil partner, paid up stamps or not this years minimum entitlement for you is £64.40pw and a minimum of £107.45 for your husband or or civil partner.

A Consolation prize

At least with that small guaranteed element of pension credit you will amongst other things like health care prescriptions / teeth / eyes etc be entitled to free other massive benefits. Those entitled to Guaranteed Credit for example normally qualify for full Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit. However there are exceptions to this rule when full Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit may not be paid such as: -

- when other adults live in the home [except a partner or carer]

- if the rent charged for non council owned accommodation is too high
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • bryanb
    bryanb Posts: 4,993 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 January 2013 at 10:29PM
    Neither your old DLA and maybe the future AA if you ever get, it will influence past present of future calculations.

Sufficient stamps

You usually would be warned on more than several occasions about underpaying voluntary National Insurance contributions, and usually within six years of a pension commencement. You would also at that time be asked / offered an opportunity to fill any gaps with Class 3 one-off voluntary payments. You could even at this late date find out how many gaps there were but its unlikely they would accept a Class 3 contribution even if you offered it.

123.86 - Husbands Class BSP [£107.45+] Class A or B
    __9.55 - ? - I assume a private pension ?
    _73.20 - Wife / Spouse BSP [£64.40+] Class C non-contributory
    _11.29 - Guarantee element of Pension Credit
    ______
    217.90 - Total Income from all sources

Unsurprisingly its precisely the same £217.90 figure I gave you in the last word I wrote in #19. Married or civil partner, paid up stamps or not this years minimum entitlement for you is £64.40pw and a minimum of £107.45 for your husband or or civil partner.

A Consolation prize

At least with that small guaranteed element of pension credit you will amongst other things like health care prescriptions / teeth / eyes etc be entitled to free other massive benefits. Those entitled to Guaranteed Credit for example normally qualify for full Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit. However there are exceptions to this rule when full Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit may not be paid such as: -

- when other adults live in the home [except a partner or carer]

- if the rent charged for non council owned accommodation is too high

All that is OK, except the letter quoted earlier said the £73.20 was a notional pension. ie she should be getting it.
    See post 19.
    This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !
    All that is OK, except the letter quoted earlier said the £73.20 was a notional pension. ie she should be getting it.
    See post 19.

- means .. .. .. imaginary, speculative or theoretical, not "ie she should be getting it."
    - it's in fact £64.40 and the lady gets £73.20
    - that's a notional increase of £8.80pw for her and £16.41pw for him

Many events including the £9.55pw annuity [fixed fluctuating or terminating] can change, this can cause the closing value of their joint benefits to be bigger or smaller than they would otherwise be.

The current track record of this man
    60vuc.jpg
    means it's entirely possible the taxman will come after the difference in the following tax year.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure