warning do not use clothes for cash

Options

Comments

• freudianslip
    freudianslip Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder if this should be in praise, vents and warnings?
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options

i posted it there as well. This board is seen by lots of people who want to up their income.

I have emailed trading standards if anyone else wants to the address is [EMAIL="trading.standards@northyorks.gov.uk"]trading.standards@northyorks.gov.uk[/EMAIL].

C4C are based on Unit 2B, Orchard Court, Dunslow Road, Scarborough. I think they should be investigated.
    :footie:
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

This company have mentioned several times on here as a way of making cash fast. Only if they don't diddle you though.
  • bob_a_builder
    bob_a_builder Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SCAM? I THINK NOT!
    Spam? I Think So !
  • dezzy31
    dezzy31 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Boy this scam company seem to be desperate setting up these accounts (r36 & cherry) just to get a non valid point across. Even though I hate man utd (been a lfc fan) she still shouldn't of been ripped off. Also nice of this so called business calling it's customers muppets...

Staying away from these, would rather fill those charity bags that come 3 times aday.
  • justonemorepairofshoes
    Options
    I had a bag of clothes collected by cashforclothes on monday.

Email yesterday offering me £22 - I am pleased with them. Speedy service - hopefully I will get my cheque soon!! :)
  • MikeR71
    MikeR71 Posts: 3,852 Forumite
    Options
    r36:

Ok, so you admit you never go to forums, but all of a sudden you pop on here and defend this scam of a company!!! and you came across this thread all by chance, right? and you have no connections to the company right? and you got so worked up about this issue just because you hate people making false accusations, right?

ok!

you must have a very busy life!
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,776 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    r36 wrote: »
    Yeh ok. Its pathetic comments like that why I usually don't go on forums. Jog on child. Am I not allowed to tell people I had a good experience?

but by some miracle, just after you used this company you find this thread on this forum?

spooooooky
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • p00
    p00 Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a call from these after I requested a free bag. I looked a bit more closely at the site and saw that they can pay as low as 44p per kilo depending on what you send them. I asked about a leather coat which I would expect the higher rate for and they said that if I didnt like what they offered I could pay to have things returned to me. WHAT???

I took 2 bags to a local shop and got £7.50 @ 55p kilo.

Not a lot but I suspect its more than I would have got from CFC.

xxp00
  • Ilovecubbage
    Ilovecubbage Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    I can thoroughly recomend this man http://www.ragandphone.com/eng/home/
    You ring up and they come pick it up , load the van cash on hand. Very quick and efficent, all done in 5 minutes pays £0.50 per kg.
    Hope this helps some of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport