The Ultimate Incentive natters on. Part 9

Comments

• Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Not too bad, Tete. I've taken out the old shelving and all the batons to be sanded and painted. All the holes in the walls are filled and sanded, ready for painting and papering. Just started to sand the skirting boards too which are a grim yellow. Hope to make more progress this weekend, but no glam pics before the end of the month at least. The closet is turning into my whole February challenge!

Well done on the running Dinah.

I'm still slogging away on the writing. It's hard going at the moment, but I've got no choice by to stick at it.
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Terrible timing - having just starting couch to 5k I've been struck by a horrible cold. Grace had a running nose for the last few days, but also drooly and cranky so we assumed it was teething bothering her, but nope, normal cold.

Went for a walk with my best friend and Grace yesterday, Grace screamed the whole time she was in the buggy, she really wants to be carried all the time now. Have a soft sling but she doesn't like that either as she can't see out, think we might have to try a baby backpack type thing see if we can use that to get her out and about a bit more. She was in the buggy last weekend when NIM and I took her for a walk, not smiling, but didn't scream like yesterday.

Need to crunch the numbers for the month but yet again it's likely to be tight with me not bringing anything in. Need to find some design software though to do some products for dad, the quicker I get on that the quicker I have a second income.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Take a look at the Ergo baby carrier, Dinah. It's a bit pricey but according to my Crunchy mother friends, it's one of the best. It's what OH and I are planning on getting instead of a pram when we have our Bambino :) Comes in some seriously cute patterns too!

Hope you're feeling better soon, Grace too and that NIM's hand isn't too badly injured! What on earth did he do?! Good luck with your running too :)

Think I might need to check in with STP when I have 2 seconds! Going to talk to my bosses about cutting my hours back, as my Grandad needs more help with his garden now the weather's getting better. So I'll need to supplement our income in more creative ways!
  • Sounds like the closet was in desperate need of a makeover Lara! What would possess anyone to paint a skirting board yellow? Even in the days of Changing Rooms that would have been a no-no surely?!

In a funny way it's nice to hear of Grace having a normal cold and not have to be admitted to hospital or anything! Not so much the screaming though :eek:
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Hi all! Back to normal life after a few days holiday-at-home-ing! :)

Tete, I *hope* that Lara meant that her skirting has faded from white to grotty yellow over time rather than it being painted yellow in the first place! :o I can't wait to see photos of the finished glamour closet! :)

Well done on the C25K Dinah! :T Very sneaky but very impressive! :) Hope you and Grace feel better soon. :)
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • Oh right haha! Perhaps smokers used to live in the house?

Nice to see you back Birdie, did you have a good break? It's been quiet without you ;)
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    How did I miss Lara's post?! Sounds like you're crazy busy! Can't wait to see the results at the end of the month. Why does white gloss go yellow anyways?! If it's to do with smoking I'll give OH a royal telling off (although he smokes outside, I've seen the scary NHS adverts!) We have patches on windowsills where it's happening..

Did you get up to much on your off time, Birdie? :)
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    I like to give you guys a break from time to time, see if you'll become more chatty in my absence... more often than not I realise that I'm the gobby one in here! ;)

Had a nice little break away from normal life thanks. :) Ate and drank too much in some nice restaurants but enjoyed it all. :) OH had found our favourite drinks from Florida (oddly Hawaiian beer and coffee and South African wine!) that we'd been struggling to locate since we got back, was a lovely treat! :) ETA: We also watched Die Hard 5 which was really disappointing. But on the plus side, we downloaded and watched Top Gun 3D and Wreck it Ralph 3D- both great! :)

Re smokers: when my Nana died and we cleared out her house it was scary how yellowed everything had become, once we took the paintings down (which all needed professional cleaning as they'd even turned tobacco yellow through the glass! :eek:) and moved the furtiture there were 'clean' patches where everything had been for years and years. It was so grim, we'd never realised that the living room was supposed to actually be a bright minty green colour! _pale_
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all,

Thanks for the comments on my invites. Need to finish the last few and then will start giving them out eek. Makes it all real.

Bless Grace with the pushchair.I would say its probably a phase so she will probably be fine in it again soon.

Your days off sound lovely Birdie.

This month has been very tight and i thought it would be ok as is such a short month. Still a week till payday as well..
  • Flower08
    Flower08 Posts: 4,771 Forumite
    Great news about getting on the pampers trial Dinah - as you say it all helps and they might send you some more :) I dont use them simply because boots and asda ones are cheaper and just as good.
    I am having trouble with Noah in his pushchair as well but thats because he wants to walk everywhere now which takes an eternity, doesnt help that hes so nosey either!

Invites look great Wendz :)
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss: 13 / 20 lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family