IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Legally Enforceable, DVLA Supported Parking Charge Notices

Well that's what TCP claim. :rotfl:

http://www.townandcityparking.co.uk/downloads/Clamping_DL_TCP.pdf
At TCP we have developed robust enforcement
procedures which combine efficiency with cost
effectiveness. Rather than clamping, we prefer to
issue legally enforceable, DVLA supported parking
charge notices

I parked at Asda the other day and decide to have look at the signs in the car park. There wasn't much on there tbh, just the usual stuff, what got me thinking was on the sign it said, full T&C's available from TCP. Now just imagine for one minute the contract and penalty could be legally binding, how on earth can you agree to something that you can't see? If all T&C's are not displayed how can you agree to them.

So that got me looking on TCP's website and came across the above? Does anyone know if a wee email to DVLA might be in order asking if the support TCP's parking charges?

Comments

• BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    Legally enforceable by who?

I wonder if they went to Solihull college of law along with our other erstwhile PPC owners
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • Rather than clamping, we prefer to
    issue legally enforceable, DVLA supported parking
    charge notices.

I think they've been drinking too much of their own TCP - they shouldn't be able to buy it over the counter!

Shady as clamping was, acceptance of the vile method was never stretched to pay and display contraventions at public car parks in the first place.
  • BASFORDLAD
    I wonder who at the DVLA approved these notices?

If they did at all..... Bit like companies saying they have been approved by trading standards when its complete tosh
  • BASFORDLAD wrote: »
    I wonder who at the DVLA approved these notices?

If they did at all..... Bit like companies saying they have been approved by trading standards when its complete tosh

TCP is the author of the falsehood. The DVLA do not even come into this outfit. It is private, law is law, nobody has aspired to prevent the landowner from reclaiming losses; the licensing agency no more influences this sector than DEFRA or the DHSS.
  • BASFORDLAD
    Maybe an email to DVLA is in order?
  • I suspected they are tryng to make out they are 'DVLA approved' because the DVLA sold them the name and address of the car's RK.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Precisely, "sold them". The police can obtain all the information they need within seconds on the radio. If these enforcement companies are such an authority, how come they have to stick their hands in their pocket and beg the DVLA for those details.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Lets start a petition to get the DVLA to raise it's charges, if it's going to sell them the data they might as well make more money from it. Say £10 a shot.

I know it should be a petition to stop them selling personal data, but that's never going to happen, they won't turn away a few million a year of added income.
  • Kite2010 wrote: »
    Lets start a petition to get the DVLA to raise it's charges, if it's going to sell them the data they might as well make more money from it. Say £10 a shot.

I know it should be a petition to stop them selling personal data, but that's never going to happen, they won't turn away a few million a year of added income.

go one better petition the DVLA to give us the option on a v5c to OPT OUT of personal data being given or sold to outside or inside depertments except for the plod and HM courts etc, and those who havent opted out to increase the fee's to £10.00 (admin only requirement) fee to recoup the losses from the OPT out scheme with strict data protection legislation in place to control the data exposure excluding the likes of PPC's who will then have no basis to apply for the details as brech of contract would no longer become a viable reason to obtain such details.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    No way, I want to retain the right to obtain details of anyone I need to get the details of and am not willing to lose this. If they want to charge firms £10 per enquiry, that's fine - but their business model will dictate the 'fines' will need to increase to cover these costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure